It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

News from the WTF? Section

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Woman Allegedly Steals Boyfriend's Ashes
PORTAGE, Wis. - Sheriff's deputies have arrested a woman for digging up her dead boyfriend's ashes from a Columbia County cemetery more than 10 years ago and drinking the beer that was buried with him, possibly out of spite for his family.

Karen Stolzmann, now 44, was arrested Tuesday in a case Columbia County Detective Wayne Smith calls "twisted and bizarre."

Sheboygan County District Attorney Joe De Cecco said Thursday he would likely determine this week if possession charges should be filed in his county since the urn was found at Stolzmann's Sheboygan home. A call to the Columbia County district attorney's office was not immediately returned Thursday.

Stolzmann has already been charged with a misdemeanor count of concealing stolen property.

Michael Hendrickson, 27, died in 1992 from a self-inflicted gunshot wound. His family contacted authorities three weeks ago because they found out his remains had been stolen.

An exhumation revealed Hendrickson's cremated remains were missing from Cambria Cemetery in Cambria. Beer and cigarettes that were buried with him were also missing.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

I don't know why but I find the fact that he was burried with Beer and cigarettes hilarious.

[Edited on 1-11-2004 by Ocelot]

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Conman Arrested in Cash Scam
ADDIS ABABA (Reuters) - A conman persuaded an Ethiopian town's inhabitants to give him hundreds of dollars by promising to multiply the cash and make it "fall like rain" from the sky, police said on Wednesday.

The man took $695 from people in eastern Kazamile town on Oct. 18 claiming he could return it to them many times over with the help of a demon, Seargent Seyoum Assefa, a police spokesman in Gorgurtu District, told state-run Ethiopian News Agency.

"The imposter told his clients to cover their faces so that a demon who would descend from the sky to talk to him would not harm them," Sergent Seyoum said.

"As the unsuspecting people who expected that their money would come like rain from the sky covered their faces, the imposter disappeared from the area."

Police arrested the man and are questioning him.

Jesus Christ some people are stupid. It reminds me of some of the local "churches" ( I use that term loosely) that take money from people promising wonders. *SLAP*

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 01:10 AM
link   

Half-Ton Man Recovers From Obesity Surgery
By DORIS HAUGEN
Associated Press Writer

SIOUX FALLS, S.D. (AP) - A man who weighed about half a ton when he was admitted to a hospital was recovering Wednesday from obesity surgery. Doctors said he was "doing very well," moving around and even cracking jokes.

"He's very witty," surgeon Dr. Frederick Harris told reporters Wednesday.

Patrick Deuel, 42, underwent the procedure to reduce the size of his stomach four months after being admitted to the hospital at 1,072 pounds.

He was in good spirits and relieved Tuesday's procedure went so well, Harris said. "We didn't find anything that was scary at all," he said.

Rehabilitation could start in about a week and Deuel could be home by the end of next month, Harris said.

1,072 pounds!! I mean OH MY GAWD!!! *picks up jaw from floor* That's the heaviest I've heard a human being getting. How is this guy even alive.

join