It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My drone rant

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 01:07 PM
link   
On the one hand, we have the AG, Eric Holder, finally saying that, yeah, we won't kill Americans who are just drinking coffee at Starbucks with drones. After days of questioning.

After days of questioning.

On the other hand we have Bin Laden's son-in-law, plotting god knows what, and he gets more rights accorded to him *automatically* than a potential American drinking coffee or walking down the street.

Is this what America is now?

We have to argue and grill and bully the AG to get him to say, "Okay. We promise not to kill our own people on our own soil, with drones."

But a figgin TERRORIST gets more rights accorded to him, automatically???

Okay. I knew things were messed up in the States. Unemployment, economy. . . all bad.

Obama? Still a sucky president.

But really? This?

A year ago, conspiracy theorists were scoffed at for thinking that drones would be flying in American skies.

But somehow, it "just" became accepted.

Then the idea of armed drones flying in American skies was approached.

And America isn't freaking the %@$# out?

Has America become a nation of losers? Wimps? Cowards? Sheep?

*beezzer walks away in disgust!

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

A year ago, conspiracy theorists were scoffed at for thinking that drones would be flying in American skies.

But somehow, it "just" became accepted.

Then the idea of armed drones flying in American skies was approached.

And America isn't freaking the %@$# out?

*beezzer walks away in disgust!

Too many people are fast to pipe up about the atrocities on the internet but yet take no real action, they don't vote - And when they do, they vote for the lesser of two evils because they've been brainwashed into thinking their vote would be wasted.

Its sad, we've got to the point where unless it effects people directly, they don't care because their comfortable

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Wasn't Holders reply to Rand that, they wouldnt use drones against against Americans on American soil who were NOT in combat???

That is quit different than they wouldn't use drones on Americans on American soil don't you think?

Who is a combatant? Someone on the Southern Poverty Law Centers terrorist watch list?

But yea, Beezer, you are right about the trial in NY. What do they both have in common? Obama and Eric Holder!

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Everybody is just scared and they don't know where to start. How can you be worried about the freedom of your country when you aren't even sure when or where the next meal will be for your family? How can you worry about bailouts for the too big to fail when you are worried about your next mortgage payment and your family potentially being thrown out of their house?

I saw this quote the other day on here and if is very fitting to today's America:

When the Nazis came for the communists,
I remained silent;
I was not a communist.

When they locked up the social democrats,
I remained silent;
I was not a social democrat.

When they came for the trade unionists,
I did not speak out;
I was not a trade unionist.

When they came for the Jews,
I remained silent;
I wasn't a Jew.

When they came for me,
there was no one left to speak out.

edit on 9-3-2013 by superman2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by superman2012

Very true, Superman2012. The average American seems more consumed by survival than the liberties they are losing. If you are working two jobs to make ends meet, how can you keep up with media.... mainstream or not. Add that to the dumbing down of the American people, then we have the answer. Soon, Americans will lose everything our forefather's fought for, and wonder how it happened. Those of us who speak out and up, will be imprisoned, and the rest will be like sheep and follow the herd.

All I have to say about this is, well played powers that be. Well played.

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

I'd say it's a combination of two things. It's an extension of the Cloward-Piven Strategy of overloading the system to collapse with too much to handle. In this case, people are too overloaded by crisis after crisis after non stop and never ending crisis to work up the energy and fight over specific things which once may have brought people into open protest.

Second though, the drones are precious to the leadership now. I think we're slowly moving into a time where they will be doing things that a cop or even soldier in the field may outright balk and say no to. The more they can centralize street power to their own direct control with fewer people? The better.

What is more central than drones of all varieties, all over the United States in geography yet capable of being controlled from D.C. based command centers? Someone says 'No'? They could find themselves saying it directly to the Director or President for whatever it happening. That's far less likely to happen and far easier to control ...than 50 state's worth of locals with their own ideas of what they will and won't do.

Scary times..for man and rabbit alike.

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

We're not quite there yet, but I wonder how much longer it will be before the drones actually become smarter than us.

Right now, we still control them via remote control, but will it stay that way forever?

The future could bring about a time where we will just let the drones fly around on their own, allowing them the power to make their own decisions.

How far can our technology advance? Nothing is ever good enough for very long. We continue doing whatever it takes to make things smaller and smarter. How smart can a machine be? How small do things need to be in order for us to finally be satisfied?

Humanity is lazy. We keep building machines that will do tasks for us, simply because we don't wanna do it.

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Kent State:

“We have allowed our country to decay and deteriorate. We were too permissive of our own government.
Joseph Kelner/ Led Kent State Lawsuit-Source

Fast forward 2013:

Media blackouts.
Scoffing of what is now known as dissidence if you are going against the current administration.
"Democratic" anti-war noble peace prize winner.
Media polls saying Americans approve drone strikes, overwhelmingly approve of this admin.
-confusion, apathy, fear, lies, propaganda

This time we're not broke, we're broken.

edit on 9-3-2013 by dreamingawake because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 02:11 PM
link   

edit on 9-3-2013 by rockoperawriter because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Thanks for the replies!

I fear for the future of America.

Massive unemployment.
Armed drones.
Autonomous drones?
Cloward-Piven
The rhetoric coming from DC

I'm not sure that America is a place where I want to raise my son.

Drones.
*shudder*

The new fist of the regime.

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 06:25 PM
link   
I'm still upset that "Harry's Law" was cancelled not long after she beat the drone out of the sky and had to go to court over it (on the show
)

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Would this be a bad time to mention there really is a corporation with the name Cyberdyne who specialize in cutting edge robotics?

Err... Probably so. Nvm... (hops back into hole)

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 12:50 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Well what exactly do you want people to do?? give them a reason to fire us up with those said drones??

I agree it is pretty outrageous that not many people care but quite honestly we really are powerless. Our government does not listen to the people. I don't even feel this to be my country i just live here
edit on 10-3-2013 by votan because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 03:22 AM
link   
Aww, beezer. (why is there no crying/hugging emoticon here?
)

Unfortunately the world is spiraling down, really fast. They've more or less signed our own death warrants by developing technology and making wrong decisions that go back many eons ago. It would take many years for the mistakes to be fixed (more years than the mistakes to be made and accumulated).

And seeing as science is going to extremes lately, with these potential evil drones with a mind of their own, our only hope is to somehow bring Abraham Lincoln back to life

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 01:24 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Yes...without questions...sure... undoubtedly...absolutely! And we have also become ticks, leaches, blood-suckers, self-centered and even worse. You didn't know that?

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by WeAreAWAKE

There was a time when I really believed that America was the land of the free and home of the brave.

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 03:44 PM
link   

There was a time when I really believed that America was the land of the free and home of the brave.

It still is, it's just a matter of getting those free and brave to stand up and get rid of ALL these politicians!

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by kthxbai

It still is, it's just a matter of getting those free and brave to stand up and get rid of ALL these politicians!

There may be some brave people left, but they're living, we all are living in a police-state now.

No more land of the free.

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 04:52 PM
link   
NOTE: I wrote quite a response but decided better and deleted most of it. It was all true, but probably no longer welcome on ATS. This, however was the last paragraph.

Sorry...I've given up and now I guess I just bitch about it. I'm so sorry my children have to grow up in this place and now I even question my parental choices. After all, how can you bring up children to respect, have morals and be good people when the place in which they will live rewards those with a lack of respect, no morals and are basically whores? I guess I should have been teaching them to scam, take, act like their rights are being trampled, be selfish, steal what other's worked for...and be victims. After all, isn't that the majority? I know it was the majority of voters.

<<   2 >>

join