It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wegener’s Granulomatosis. Does anyone have any experience with this disease? Alternative treatment

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 08:55 AM
link   
My aunt has come down with this disease. It is basically an overactive immune system disease that attacks healthy cells. She is on the doctor prescribed medicines which have had success treating the disease according to my research. I was wondering if there are any natural treatments that could help. The prescribed medicine has some nasty side effects. She will continue taking the medicine the doctor prescribed, however, Is there something that could help besides those? Maybe to ward off the side effects?

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 09:26 AM
link   
reply to post by jimmiec

You want to be very very very careful there.
Drug interactions can be quite tricky and if you start adding things to the mix without prior notification or any notification and/or approval from the physician, then there's usually a higher chance of there being more damage done than any help or assistance given.

Let's say, the mixing of herbal natural whatever that's completely harmless and possibly even beneficial, when combined with prescribed medication which is beneficial with some side effects but over all beneficial combines to create a toxin which winds up killing your aunt?

Rare, sure, but, it can happen.

If you want to play doctor, keep the doctor in the loop.

edit on 9-3-2013 by Druscilla because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Druscilla

Yea, it is a very tricky disease. The only thing i have told her to do is use sea salt instead of regular salt. She uses a lot of salt, and for her sinus congestion she uses a salt mix that she forces into her sinuses to clear the congestion, i recommended an ear candle to help with that. I am afraid to try anything else. I appreciate the reply.

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by jimmiec

No worries.
It's just that some people get all herbal remedy alt medicine happy on top of prescriptions, and they understand absolutely noting about drug interactions and how prescribed medications are balanced against drug interaction tables for efficacy

People can die by creating a toxic drug interaction reaction through introduction of herbal remedies, alternative medicines, and/or anything else not prescribed by a physician.

Using a Neti pot with a warm saline solution to irrigate the sinuses is fine.
A menthol humidor isn't going to hurt anything either.

Vitamins are also fine, so long as they're not abused to overdose.

Whatever the case, it's always recommended to keep the physician in the loop.
Feel free to read reports and papers on Medscape, or any other website, NIH, USDH, or even home remedy sites, but, I wouldn't recommend putting anything you learn, or find to action without first consulting with the physician.

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Druscilla

The doctor actually told her not to take vitamins. I guess that bumps up her immune system is why. She is 80 years old so i fear for her. Thanks

top topics

join