It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Suicide bomb hits as US defense chief visits

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 05:59 AM
link   
xfinity.comcast.net...

KABUL, Afghanistan — KABUL, Afghanistan (AP) —
Afghan officials say there was an explosion outside the Afghan defense ministry
causing multiple casualties, as U.S. defense secretary Chuck Hagel visits the country.

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 06:06 AM
link   
The word is that Chuck is OK and has been taken to safety.

Not a smart move to attack the US Defence chief !
I want to elaberate more on this but I need to see if I can finde another news source's
with more info on what actuall happened and what is happening now.
BRB

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 06:28 AM
link   
Here is another source

Article: Suicide bombing in Kabul kills nine people during Hagel visit

5 hrs ago

KABUL (Reuters) - A suicide bomber blew himself up at a Defence Ministry gate in Kabul on Saturday killing nine civilians during a visit to Afghanistan by U.S. Defense Secretary Chuck Hagel, underlining the insurgent threat as NATO troops prepare to leave.

Hagel was nowhere near the explosion, said a spokesman for Afghanistan's NATO-led International Security Assistance Force (ISAF). A U.S. defense official said Hagel was in a safe location at an ISAF facility.

The Taliban are saying they are the ones who bombed the DM

These people want NATO troops out now I say let them have their way.
Of course I realize they never ask US led NATO to be there but if they don't want us there then
lets get out ASAP

Just found this updated report:

news.yahoo.com...[/url]

"This attack was a message to him," Taliban spokesman Zabiullah Mujahid said in an email to reporters.

Pentagon spokesman George Little said Hagel was in a briefing at a U.S.-led military coalition facility in another part of the city when the explosion occurred. He said the briefing continued without interruption

Aparently the reporters who travled with Mr Hagel, were in the DM building when the bomb went off.
They were taken to safety elsewhere in the building.
edit on 9-3-2013 by azureskys because: added more

edit on 9-3-2013 by azureskys because: removed dots

edit on 9-3-2013 by azureskys because: changed words

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 06:44 AM
link   
reply to post by azureskys

These people want NATO troops out now I say let them have their way. Of course I realize they never ask US led NATO to be there but if they don't want us there then lets get out ASAP

Then when we have to go back in because its all gone to hell we start all over again .
This is a lose/lose situation and has been from day one , Bush's legacy to the world is we will always be in Afghanistan in one way or another and we will always be paying for a corrupt regime to try to prop up the country.

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 06:55 AM
link   
A Catch 22

The people of this planet have reached their level of insanity!

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by azureskys
The word is that Chuck is OK and has been taken to safety.

Not a smart move to attack the US Defence chief !

So .... you reckon' that the US will use missile drones to murder a bunch of Afghans in retaliation? Oh wait, we're already murdering their civilians on a daily basis.

It appears that the resistance just used one of their "drones". I suspect that the dedication-to-cause displayed by these martyrs will always triumph over the cowardice of pentagon stand-off-and-kill tech-heads.

new topics

top topics

join