It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Roman Empire and what had happened

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 04:24 AM
link   
Greeks had slaves long before Rome, I would not be surprised to lean even the Sumerians had slaves. have not read that far back yet.

posted on Mar, 9 2013 @ 05:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Sparta

Again, that was the point I was trying to make: that slavery has been around long before America. If we're going to talk about Rome, slavery is going to come up. Like it or not, there are ignorant people in this world that honestly believe that slavery didn't exist until America and that blacks were and forever will be the only people to go through slavery. I was mocking the stupid. The idiots that watch Django and think "I'm owed something". And again, there are a lot of people, especially in America, that honestly think the world DOES owe them something simply based on their skin.

As to Spartacus, I think we all can agree that Caesar had absolutely nothing to do with him. I kinda just put those together because they were basically in the same time period and I wanted to at least mention Spartacus.

People these threads I make are not meant to be a Harvard text book on history. I get drunk and I write a story because I'm bored.

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 07:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Bacardi

I understood ya
Some people can only communicate on one or two levels at a time. Actually most people I guess. But don't let that stop ya! I sure in the Hell don't. I don't care who understands me XD

posted on Mar, 10 2013 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bacardi
So then we have awesome gladiator games and Rome continues to be Rome until eventually they start eating each other (literally) while being sacked by the Visigoths.

Many say Jesus was the first vampire stabbed in the heart with a wooden pick but others say Lilith was the 1st. Who knows? They could both be reptilians and we could all be worshiping reptile vampires from the Roman empire that were immortal descendants of Atlantis.

And big foot really is a wookie.

s & f from me. Very funny. The first sentence I have quoted is true though...and perhaps the second sentence could have some truth in it... I mean what the hell is 'communion' about anyway? And Christ says, "think of my flesh as bread and my blood wine"

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Jesus Christ people. Put your intellectual snobbery aside for a moment. The OP doesn't write historically accurate threads. He writes LULZ. See it for that, enjoy it for that, or more along. Employing intellectual snobbery actually only makes you look stupid for not "getting it".

top topics

<< 1   >>

join