It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Revealed: Pentagon's link to Iraqi torture centres

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by colin42

I cannot disagree with you. However as an american, I am ashamed of my government.

And your point that we somehow or other "let" the government do that is an incomplete view. In truth, the criminals in government have usurped power. Betrayus did not ask our permission to do what he did, and neither did John Yoo or George Bush or those in Congress who enabled their illegal actions.

I'm sad to say that if there had been some sort of poll conducted about whether to torture or not, a majority of americans would have favored torture, simply because they had been so tricked by the events at WTC.

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 01:03 PM
link   
So, they imprison Bradley Manning but the guys who stood behind the torture program get a free pass, a sex scandal so they can resign and enjoy life in retirement ?

USA is really a #hole.

And American politicians have the nerve to label someone as a dictator - call out nations that violate human rights ?!

What a #ing joke.

Im starting to understand why Americans love their guns. I would like to own a gun myself if i was an American, just in case if the government one day decided to torture and imprison me in the name of "freedom" and "democracy"

edit on 12-3-2013 by ArtooDetoo because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 08:50 AM
link   

It is indisputable that the United States engaged in the practice of torture."

This damning statement derives directly from a report released by The Constitution Project who, along with former members of Congress, drew up this most comprehensive independent study to date of US torture in Iraq, Afghanistan, Guantanamo, and secret CIA blacksites around the world.

The two-year study only looked at public documents, as well as interviews with interrogators and others involved in the counterterrorism program. However, classified information was not accessible to the non-governmental organization.

When President Obama came into office in 2009, calls were made for him to look into the Bush administration's controversial counterterrorism program and allegations of torture against it. When Obama refused, stating he would rather look forward than back, this call was taken up by the Constitution Project which carried out this large scale study.

The US is a signatory to the international Convention Against Torture and as such must investigate any serious allegations of torture.

Though the report focuses mainly on human rights abuses under the Bush administration, many maintain that torture continues to be practiced under the current government.

The US government has responded to the current hunger strike of prisoners at Guantanamo Bay by force-feeding striking inmates through the nose.

Protesters continue standing in solidarity with the hunger strikers at Guantanamo Bay. This past week alone saw dozens of demonstrations across the country.

www.presstv.ir...

new topics

<< 1   >>

join