It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China calls for "calm and restraint" after N.Korea threats

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 04:21 AM
link   

BEIJING: China called for "calm and restraint" Friday after North Korea responded to new UN sanctions with fresh threats of nuclear war and promises to scrap peace agreements.

"China calls on relevant parties to exercise calm and restraint, and avoid actions that might further escalate tensions," foreign ministry spokeswoman Hua Chunying told reporters in Beijing.

In China's strategic thinking, North Korea is a "buffer zone" that prevents the 28,500 US troops stationed in South Korea encroaching on its own border.
Source

In all the recent stories about North Korea and the Dear Leader there, I thought I would bring what I'd call some good news to the situation. China's position of openly and strongly encouraging calm can only be a good thing. They could just be silent all the way around and have been often enough in the past. That would leave Kim to assume or just act as if he had support. This removes that pretty openly, I'd say.

Perhaps China can be as effective in being a calming influence on it's allies as anything else. Time will tell but I certainly would hope.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 04:28 AM
link   
Maybe Mother China needs to slap it's child's (north Korea's) Ass....and tell it to square it's act up or it's grounded.

Gotta love Buffer Zone Children...they are so petulant sometimes. Ideas above their station because they think big Momma will protect them...

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 04:39 AM
link   
China, who has been North Korea’s staunchest supporter over the decades, is afraid that they will lose control. If NK continues to escalate tension and finally does something really stupid, then they will be destroyed and the two Korea’s will eventually be unified with a democratic South Korea holding all the cards.

China lose a puppet and end up with a successful democratic nation on their borders. That situation fills the Chinese autocracy with fear.

Regards

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 04:56 AM
link   
reply to post by paraphi

I would completely agree with this, i feel as if it comes to it china
may well be the one to force a back down on NKs part, i doubt
they would have to flat out invade but if they moved troops to the
border and flat out told him to stop or else it may well be enough.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 05:24 AM
link   
reply to post by bloodreviara

But would little UN back down.
I think the last thing he would want to do is lose face, he would be seen as weak to his people and military.
I think he's gone to far now with his threats not to do something stupid.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 05:27 AM
link   
If China was smart, they would just invade N Korea. Then that would be the end of all tensions. They would have more land to call their own, and the N Koreans would have a decent life. How about it China? I don't think anyone would stop you. In fact I would thank you.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 05:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Soloprotocol
Maybe Mother China needs to slap it's child's (north Korea's) Ass....and tell it to square it's act up or it's grounded.

Gotta love Buffer Zone Children...they are so petulant sometimes. Ideas above their station because they think big Momma will protect them...

Yeah, but when the 'parents' of the mouthy 'buffer zone' children chastise them for being unruly, the parents look like they're responsible parents, don't they?

NK can be pictured as an adolescent git, mouthing off trying to impress it's parents and peers.

They mouth off, threaten and then sweat and worry a little while waiting for it's Daddy, China, to step in and say that's enough, go and do your chores.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 05:34 AM
link   
If kim jong was a problem they couldn't control they would assasinate him , the same goes for each and every dictator thats ever existed, they are all controled by the world shadow government.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 06:11 AM
link   
You know what this is Mr. Rabbit? This is when your in a public place with your bro's and someone who can kick your ass insults you, so you act all crazy, and you have your buddies *hold you back* while you cuss and swing in the air but your buddies let you do all the bat # crazy talk that their wanting you to do so you ALL look *the guys* are big and tuff and play their role without actually doing anything at all... NOW ONE DAY it happens the plan back fires and you end up in a HUGE bar fight.. I hope we can save this off S AND F op.
edit on 8-3-2013 by starfoxxx because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 06:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by paraphi
China, who has been North Korea’s staunchest supporter over the decades, is afraid that they will lose control. If NK continues to escalate tension and finally does something really stupid, then they will be destroyed and the two Korea’s will eventually be unified with a democratic South Korea holding all the cards.

China lose a puppet and end up with a successful democratic nation on their borders. That situation fills the Chinese autocracy with fear.

Regards

What if NK wants to unify with the South and wants to break free from China's manipulation. Will NK go to the extreme to do something truly ignorant on their part? What do they have to loose, nothing!

Since when does China cares what NK does? I thought they would be willing to back them up or NK wants to break free from their grip and putting on a show for the west is the only way to get their attention. Just a thought.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by sylent6

What if NK wants to unify with the South and wants to break free from China's manipulation. Will NK go to the extreme to do something truly ignorant on their part? What do they have to loose, nothing!

They have to lose a great deal! Their sovereignty, for one, their lives, second. If he does attack, he'll get smashed like a bug (and crazy as he is, he is aware of this). If he doesn't, he loses face, so this is the third thing he has to lose. Either way, he's losing in this latest threat, unless of course, he gets the UN to blink and remove sanctions, but that is about as likely as Kim doing a Gangnam Style video....

Since when does China cares what NK does? I thought they would be willing to back them up or NK wants to break free from their grip and putting on a show for the west is the only way to get their attention. Just a thought.

NK provides a desired buffer zone. So long as their rhetoric doesn't seriously damage the buffer, China turns a deaf ear and a blind eye to them. But, if the buffer is threatened, China steps in (as they are doing now). If it gets unmanageable, I imagine China would seek international permission to intervene, and then deciding NK's future could get messy. The US would want to see a unified Korea, China would likely settle for installing a new regime. Either way, Kim is not going to come out well in these scenarios.

You know what this is Mr. Rabbit? This is when your in a public place with your bro's and someone who can kick your ass insults you, so you act all crazy, and you have your buddies *hold you back* while you cuss and swing in the air but your buddies let you do all the bat # crazy talk that their wanting you to do so you ALL look *the guys* are big and tuff and play their role without actually doing anything at all... NOW ONE DAY it happens the plan back fires and you end up in a HUGE bar fight.. I hope we can save this off S AND F op.

Exactly...but he's done this SO much now, it's like the boy crying Wolf!
edit on 8-3-2013 by Gazrok because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 10:01 AM
link   
Hmmmmmmmmmmm. Extreme conspiracy theory time! How about China invites N Korean Puppet leader to Bejing. Once there they bag him for a day or so in one of their installations and brainwash him with a more pacificit way of thinking and doctrinate him to the Chinese style of running a country. Better than what exists now. They send him back to North Korea and within months N Korea opens up. Is this a possibility?

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Wirral Bagpuss

It'd be far easier to simply kill him and install a more desirable leader, or even use one of the body doubles.

And, if you think this is sci-fi or fiction nonsense...
en.wikipedia.org...

There is a long history of their use (even we use them occasionally).

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 10:05 AM
link   
28.500 US troops at Norths door could cause an issue. Imagine those many NK troops in Mexico US border.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000

Perhaps China can be as effective in being a calming influence on it's allies as anything else. Time will tell but I certainly would hope.

1 does as well

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 10:23 AM
link   
China had long hoped that N.Korea would be its buffer state against US haegomony, since the 50s.

Unfotunately, Communism under the brand of Mao and Stalin failed its people. Instead, it was the capitalist system that saw non-commie states around the world flourishing, progressing and evolving.

China tried its new style of communism after the fall of Mao - Neo Communism which in reality is none other than full scale corruption by the majority of party members including the military. It will fail, and the current CCP govt realizes this truth.

Unfortunately, its ally N.Korea, does not and will not want to acknowledge that truth, for the corruption within their ranks run deeps, similiar with the CCP party of China. At least the current CCP govt does make an attempt to stop the rot, but N. Korea doesnt.

And China knows with such atittitudes from Baby Kim and his handlers, it is only a matter of time before the country implodes from within, and worse - Baby Kim had been found trying to play both sides. China will not want N.Korea to become another american haegemony.

Should China wacks N.Korea, at least it will still control N.Korea one day when the dust is settled, as it took responsibility to admonish its petulant child. Spoils of war through the propping up of its own leader the way it did with Tibet.

And make no mistakes, China WILL dare to admonish its allies. Vietnam still remembers 1979 when terrifying human waves of the CCP PLA troops overruning their positions slaughtering the vietminh soldiers when Vietnam though it could enlarge its own terrority by swallowing Cambodia - a China ally, whole.

But if China lets N.Korea play its game, and be wacked by US and S.Korea, China will LOSE ALL CONTROL of N.Korea when Baby Kim and his military gang surrenders and unify with democratic S. Korea.

I pity N.Korea. It does have a choice now - either be wacked by China or by the free world., but WACKED it will be if so much as one canon ball lands in S.Korea today, regardless if by intention or by accident, as N.Korea had stupidly withdrew all communications from S.Korea to counter check claims.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Pretty sure we have a few ballistic submarines with some tomahawks just itching to go...not to mention the nukes on some of them but there no way we would nuke them....unless they were launching on us there is no way for us to make a preemptive strike due to the proximity of South Korea to the north....not to mention our military in South Korea...we could simply disable them with a EMP and push through North Korea but that would take a lot of time and the casualties on both side would be immense...my thought is we will keep ignoring them and focus on Iran...

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Closing duplicate NK threads, and leaving the oldest one open.

Please post here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

new topics

top topics

join