It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would China want a US NK war?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 01:01 AM
link   
Would China want a US NK war?

China’s rapid development as a world power both economically and militarily has been rapid. The only thing preventing their ascent to number one in the world is a lack of energy resources.

The US dominates control over the world’s energy resources.

Could China neutralize the US without a direct armed conflict with us? I believe the answer to this question is yes. The US is on the verge of economic collapse, an enraged populace concerned about the loss of civil liberties is ready to wage civil war, and we are way over extended militarily. Consider the following scenario:

*Iran crosses the “Red Line” and the US engages them militarily. While I know we have the technology and hardware to inflict mass damage on Iran I do not believe we can defeat Iran short of Nuclear War. Additionally our troops are spent, ten years of constant redeployments has decimated moral and left our forces compromised. We can’t complete the job in a poverty stricken destitute country such as Afghanistan we certainly won’t “win” a protracted war with Iran.

*Within days or weeks of that engagement China slips NK a working ICBM allowing NK to follow through with their current threat. On the Korean Peninsula war is instantaneous, Seoul is nearly obliterated by artillery and our 50K troops on the border are overrun by 500K NK soldiers looking to die for the mother country.

*Back at home the nuclear strike on a major US city brings panic and martial law. DHS then cracks down and starts dis-arming citizens and re-locating those in the “fall-out” zone(s). In response militias and individuals start a guerrilla war against our own country. The chaos brings economic collapse and in a desperate attempt to survive, the US recalls its Middle East troops to secure our country.

*The vacuum of power and control over Middle East oil fields is filled by China who steps in “benevolently” to end the conflicts still burning among oil producing nations after the US departure.

*Final result- China in control of the energy it needs without any direct conflict with the US. Were gone, they become #1.

Just a little rambling from my imagination this evening.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 01:03 AM
link   
One word,NATO
and the US and China's interests are inextricably linked.
edit on 8-3-2013 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 01:06 AM
link   
China wants STABILITY ,until they have an appropriate force to counter us.
No one wants nukes used,accept for NK's high command.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 01:11 AM
link   
reply to post by all2human

NATO is made up of countries none of whom are silly enough to go at it with China.

The bigger question is how will China get troops and war machines through to the middle East. China cannot project that much force at this time.

She may go in with $$$$$ though. If the US backs out you may just see a new Persian Empire made up of many other countries after the US puppet Govts in the area fall like little dominoes.

P

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 01:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by all2human
One word,NATO

NATO countries may have more to lose by losing China as a trading partner that with losing the US.
China's trade is globally expansive.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by cavtrooper7
China wants STABILITY ,until they have an appropriate force to counter us.
No one wants nukes used,accept for NK's high command.

I like your comment "until" I am just entertaining the idea that they could move against us without meeting that "appropriate force" threshold and without taking us on openly.

posted on Mar, 8 2013 @ 01:15 AM
link   
China wants you to introduce yourself in the introductions thread... So do the mods. This will be closed soon.

In any case, when your done your 20 posts and this isn't an introduction thread, I'd reply something like: China does't want instability. Or the risk of US dollar dropping, or reduced imports from China. If they can supply war efforts than so be it, but right now they are getting rich off consumer goods, rare Earths and bulk chemicals for processing.

I don't know how big the consumer chunk is, but that could take a hit in war times...

top topics

join