It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China criticises 'Bush doctrine'...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 09:07 PM
link   
I find this actually funny, I guess the sparring will continue between our two governements...

Ahead of US poll, China criticises
Bush doctrine'

In a strongly worded commentary, Qian Qichen, one of the main architects of China's foreign policy, said the United States was dreaming if it thought the 21st century was the "American century."

"The Iraq war has ... destroyed the hard-won global anti-terror coalition," Qian said in the article in the English-language China Daily newspaper.

"(It) has made the United States even more unpopular in the international community than its war in Vietnam ... The 21st century is not the 'American century'. That does not mean that the United States does not want the dream. Rather it is incapable of realising the goal."

The searing article made no mention of Massachusetts Senator John Kerry, the Democratic Party's challenger to U.S. President George W. Bush in Tuesday's presidential race.

BEIJING, Nov 1 (Reuters) - On the eve of the U.S. election, China criticised the "Bush doctrine" of pre-emptive strikes, said the Iraq war has destroyed the global anti-terror coalition and blamed arrogance for problems dogging the United States around the world.

cnn.netscape.cnn.com...

and yet China feels they have the room to talk?

MARTIAL LAW IS DECLARED AFTER 150 DIE IN CLASHES IN CENTRAL CHINA...

EIJING, Oct. 31 - Violent clashes between members of the Muslim Hui ethnic group and the majority Han group left nearly 150 people dead and forced authorities to declare martial law in a section of Henan Province in central China, journalists and witnesses in the region said today.

The fighting flared late last week and continued into the weekend after a Hui taxi driver fatally struck a 6-year-old Han girl, prompting recriminations between different ethnic groups in neighboring villages, these people said.

One person who was briefed on the incident by the police said that 148 people had been killed, including 18 police officers sent to quell the violence.

www.nytimes.com... sition=

[edit on 31-10-2004 by edsinger]

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 09:16 PM
link   
China dont have room to talk also cause the Taiwanese govermental issues , where in China blocked democratic process their in the running of their goverment China wants to execute complete control on all around them including No and So Korea.

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 09:30 PM
link   
well we all know how brutal China is with its internal affairs, i don't approve of their tactics but it's their business. And saying China "doesn't have room to talk" is just another example of US autocracy on the global stage, which contradicts the supposed 'democracy' the US upholds

The China-Taiwan issue has being going on for decades. Taiwan is chinese land. The nationalist government was forced from the mainland to there and the People's Republic of China is recognized as the official, legitimate government of China.

This is an internal affair, much like the US civil war was.

What the US does around the world is quite different.

China does make many valid points in referrence to the Bush Doctrine and any fool can see that it was wrong to go to iraq for reasons of "terrorism" because with Saddam running the country it was much more secure than the Americans made it. In essence the world is much less safe now due to this.

I didn't buy the WMD story anyone with even amateur knowledge of Iraq's military and WMD projects would be able to deduct this, regardless of BS intel.

This is the neo-cons fault, the ones that pull the strings at the Bush Administration.

But I woudf fully support the Iraq war to end the suffering of the Iraqi people at the hands of Hussein, but as we all know that wasn't the reason was it.

thanks,
drfunk

posted on Nov, 1 2004 @ 12:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by drfunk
well we all know how brutal China is with its internal affairs, i don't approve of their tactics but it's their business. And saying China "doesn't have room to talk" is just another example of US autocracy on the global stage, which contradicts the supposed 'democracy' the US upholds

The China-Taiwan issue has being going on for decades. Taiwan is chinese land. The nationalist government was forced from the mainland to there and the People's Republic of China is recognized as the official, legitimate government of China.

This is an internal affair, much like the US civil war was.

What the US does around the world is quite different.

China does make many valid points in referrence to the Bush Doctrine and any fool can see that it was wrong to go to iraq for reasons of "terrorism" because with Saddam running the country it was much more secure than the Americans made it. In essence the world is much less safe now due to this.

I didn't buy the WMD story anyone with even amateur knowledge of Iraq's military and WMD projects would be able to deduct this, regardless of BS intel.

This is the neo-cons fault, the ones that pull the strings at the Bush Administration.

But I woudf fully support the Iraq war to end the suffering of the Iraqi people at the hands of Hussein, but as we all know that wasn't the reason was it.

thanks,
drfunk

As if all this justifies China judging us the US was participating in the issues with China with there conscent until just recently .....We have even been doing naval battle drills in the south China sea. So if you are acting in the compacity of friend isnt a friend who offers some friendly advice on issues.

new topics

top topics

join