It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

cover-up by potatoe chip and cracker companies(even matzos)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Swedish scientists a few years ago discovered when thinly sliced potatoes,and any kind of flour, deep-fried in boiling vegetable oils a nerve toxin is produced in the potatoe chips or crackers . Crime rate increases may be due to all these types of snacks where aspartamine and acrylic acid form short chain bio-active oligomers(polymers of aspartic acid and acrylic acid ) The acrylic acid is from the boiling vegatable oil and all starchy vegatables contain harmless aspartic acid . These toxins are never mentioned by the potatoe chip companies - on purpose. The literature in FDA has nothing on the physiological effects of these toxins,nor the chemical structure of these toxins. We don't know really what happens in the brain when too much beer and pretzels go together.Do these toxins effect the heart? Do they cause the Pancrease to give off more insulin or less insulin while they are present in the body?
Why doesn't the Nabisco Cracker Company mention the presence of nerve toxins in their deeply fried products(or foods baked at 400 Degrees F to a toasty consistency using "grease". Your morning toast out of the toaster is full of the toxin ,too.Does this polymerization reaction take place with animal grease like pork lard or beef lard or butter with thinly sliced bread or potatoes at 400 degrees Fahrenheit(F)? Why don't they say something about this?

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by siluriancryptic

Dude your ruining my love for potato chips..... I never knew that thinly sliced potato chips cooked at 400 degrees develop nerve toxins....? Did I state this right???

Well what about a baked potato??? Don't tell me my love for baked potato's has been in essense poisoning me

Please advise,

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Hmm that's interesting. You gave me something to think about and research, total bummer though because i'm sucker for a bag of oily salty potato chips.

Might try to make my own with olive oil or give them up for good. But first i'll have to check it all out.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 03:58 PM
link   

It all comes down to money. Of course they won't tout the bad stuff in the chips, because it'd put people off from buying them. And they're allowed to do so, because someone somewhere gets money for it. Like a chain of corrupt people that allow it to happen because it makes them money.

It's that way in a lot of things we consume. Soda, processed meats etc.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 03:59 PM
link   
"Cover up" might be a bit strong, as this has been all over the news since 2002.

In order to see any neurotoxicity at all, you'd have to consume several hundred bags of crisps a day. That doesn't mean acrylamide is good for you, but you aren't likely to see any neural effects of it.

The fix, of course, is to do as I do - eat paleo. If you don't eat crisps, or bread, or potatoes, or fried food in general, then you don't have much of a chance of encountering acrylamide in your food.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by brandiwine14
Might try to make my own with olive oil or give them up for good. But first i'll have to check it all out.

Won't matter - you heat up a starchy food over 120C, you start forming acrylamide. That includes baking bread, toasting bread, frying potatoes etc. The oil type doesn't matter.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Okay. How about some links???

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Why, sure!

Linky

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 04:30 PM
link   
That's just great. I use medicinal cannabis, now I have to dump my favorite munchie? Maybe MMJ reverses that effect?
Some people like to eat fugu as its neurotoxin provides the diner with a "culinary adrenaline rush", and it is expensive as anything. Maybe they can market neurotoxic tater chips as a "rush" for the wealthy at $500 a bag.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by madmac5150

Marijuana smoke has acrylamide in it, too. Hard to get away from it any time you're heating vegetable matter to the point it browns or burns.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Ok I am thinking this is a bit overblown. We all know that such chips cooked in oil are not healthy for us and cause obesity extra insulin etc. But Crime rates going up is a bit of a stretch. First of all crime rates are going down and second how come more football parties don"t break out in rampant crime sprees... Hey Joe I am going to the liqueur Store for more beer and I ain't paying...

I don't doubt it is a nerve toxin but more to make people apathetic and addicted to the chips I am betting... My 3 cents.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 04:51 PM
link   
All of the food giants collude. All that matters is shelf life, repeat consumers and increased profits.

There is a new book coming out Fat, Sugar, Salt or something like that which is going to shed light on exactly what length these criminal capitalists will go to in order to hook life long heavy eaters. Chemistry shows that some of the ingredients and shady practices are as addictive as any drug.
edit on 3/7/2013 by kosmicjack because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Bedlam

I looked it up and it seems you are right that no matter what some will remain. Though it does state that homecooked foods have less levels acrylamide than those of food products industrially manufactured so it's still a safer bet to home cook.

No matter what I guess we are never really safe from toxins no matter how hard we try to change our lifestyles they will still be around. Hopefully maintaining an otherwise healthy lifestyle will help ward off most dangers from our daily dose of toxins.

Here is the wikipedia link I looked at if anyone is interested.en.wikipedia.org...

edit on 7-3-2013 by brandiwine14 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Pfff to be honest, i dont give a f* anymore.. If the patatoe chips wont kill you, there are still hundred other items in our foodchain that have cancerous ingredients, welcome to the 21th century my friend

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 05:01 PM
link   
I "gave up" potato chips and french fries almost a year ago. But I still eat whole potatoes cooked in a microwave (then seasoned with olive oil, and "chicken" seasoning - with no meat, it's meant to be sprinkled on a chicken corpse I guess) and enjoy pretzels. How am I doing according to this data?

Thanks for the thread. If this gets one person to get themselves off of the addictive good stuff (french fries. ummmmmm, I used to eat bags of them), you will have done them a great service.
edit on 7-3-2013 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bedlam
reply to post by madmac5150

Marijuana smoke has acrylamide in it, too. Hard to get away from it any time you're heating vegetable matter to the point it browns or burns.

Not wanting to discuss unmentionables...but eating it won't.

How about foods that are baked, without using fats of any kind?

Like hot air type ovens? Would that still produce the nasties?

Can i ask OP, what is a Paleo diet? Is it...you're not going to say raw meat or something are you?
edit on 7-3-2013 by MysterX because: added text

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Not Coffee! How could this be? Why does everything have to kill you? Now that I think about it, putting something in coffee would be a great way to get some sort of chemical into the average person. Maybe Monster energy drinks aren't so bad after all.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by anton74
Not Coffee! How could this be? Why does everything have to kill you? Now that I think about it, putting something in coffee would be a great way to get some sort of chemical into the average person. Maybe Monster energy drinks aren't so bad after all.

That's odd.

The UK announced only last week that Coffee was good for you!

Supposed to increase intelligence or memory...can't quite remember!

Everything seems to go in cycles, what's reported as bad this decade, will be hailed as good the next decade.

Researchers in labs job secuirty maybe?

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Dan Quayle? Is that you??

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aleister
I "gave up" potato chips and french fries almost a year ago. But I still eat whole potatoes cooked in a microwave (then seasoned with olive oil, and "chicken" seasoning - with no meat, it's meant to be sprinkled on a chicken corpse I guess) and enjoy pretzels. How am I doing according to this data?

Thanks for the thread. If this gets one person to get themselves off of the addictive good stuff (french fries. ummmmmm, I used to eat bags of them), you will have done them a great service.

i think a microwave potato sprinkled most likely with MSG is probably a bunch worse for you than a bag of chips.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join