It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Winter Weather Linked to Rare Event Above North Pole

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 05:52 AM
link   

Winter Weather Linked to Rare Event Above North Pole

news.sciencemag.org

March may seem late for a blizzard, but the storm hitting Washington, D.C., today has its roots at the North Pole in early January. Usually, cold air in the stratosphere swirls around the pole, trapped in a vortex spinning about 5 miles above Earth's surface. This year, however, the red mass of warm air traveling up from Siberia burst through the blue concentric circles of the polar vortex on 7 January, pushing cold air down to lower latitudes as seen in the animation above.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 05:52 AM
link   
****This rare event is called a major stratospheric warming, and it's no coincidence that severe winter weather began in the United States about 10 days later, says meteorologist Judah Cohen of the company Atmospheric and Environmental Research in Lexington, Massachusetts, who helped create the animation with funding from the National Science Foundation. "What happens in the stratosphere translates all the way down to the surface," leading to more snowstorms and lower temperatures in the United States and Europe, he says. So where did that red blob of warm air come from in the first place? Scientists still debate the origins of stratospheric warmings, but Cohen believes that this year's event can be traced back to increased snowfall in Siberia, which intensified the temperature difference between the oceans and the Eurasian continent and created a wave of energy that rushed toward to the pole. Any lingering effects should be tapering off soon, Cohen says—but for those of us in Washington, it won't be soon enough. *****

So 2012 guys. They say this is a rare event. I say this was prophecy. Lol.

To much is going on right now. To many things. We got the world leaders trying to subjugate its servents by taking away rights making us sick and so forth. But the world is doing some crazy things. Like all those volcanos that are leeching arosoles into the atmosphere.

So, something monumental? Another ice age? Maybe we are all going to get roasted.
Thoughts?

news.sciencemag.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

I also find this ironic.
posted on youtube 2 days ago.

What if they are stepping up excavations in Antarctica? Melt the poles a bit to thaw out some of dem pyramids to collect some the other keys.
edit on 7-3-2013 by CrypticSouthpaw because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 06:15 AM
link   
Aren't we about due for another ice age?

Back to the cave gents, time to befriend some wolves!

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 06:15 AM
link   
Interesting thread, intrigued by this comment at the end:

What if they are stepping up excavations in Antarctica? Melt the poles a bit to thaw out some of dem pyramids to collect some the other keys.

What are you talking about? I did a search and did not find anything. Is there a thread somewhere? Keys? What keys.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 06:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Iamschist

I think is Madonna about how she holds the lock and you have a key?

Illumanti propaganda Madonna is a shewitch from the planet poptart.

Oh God, where art thou?!

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 06:23 AM
link   
very good post OP. Star and Flag.

My opinion is that whatever is driving the volcano's we see waking up is what is driving the whole thing, the Sun. I was taught that the storms on the Sun directly affect the geothermal properties of Earth but the warmist would have you ignorant of such opinions. Now with that knowledge in hand, we can look at these strange storms on the Sun we are witnessing in the SOHO type pics and see a direct correlation to the apparent heating of the magma that is beginning to bubble up virtually everywhere there are existing volcano's and all the new ones too. The planet X, Niburu crowd point to that being the reason our Sun is acting in ways we have not experienced in modern time. I wouldn't know but I see the studies of the magnetic field of the Sun behaving very strange has established that this is cyclical. So, either something comes by the Sun on a long schedule that disturbs the magnetic field as the planet X'ers think or there is some mechanism within core that is way beyond our current abilities to understand. I hope it is the latter.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 06:29 AM
link   
Keys, Im referring to the prophecy of Orion. 7 locks must be opened. Scattered across the land. When this happens. The pyramids will turn on. And the city below will become accessible. There is plenty of stuff distracting us right now. Superstitious stuff. Basically. Im saying that Atlantis was real and people hide from an alien invasion back in the day. Sealed the doors when they came back up. Spread the word, built monuments with some ship called the Earth Carver or something.

Basically its the prophecy implying heroes show up and save the day before * satan * deceives people and takes em away. But its a bunch of superstitious stuff referring to the Pleiades. And the messiah.

Il give you a hint. The pyramids relay to each other to a main pyramid. It's called the Ark. You may have heard of it.
edit on 7-3-2013 by CrypticSouthpaw because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 06:41 AM
link   
reply to post by CrypticSouthpaw

Thank you for the reply. The weather phenomena in your OP is interesting. That Orion prophecy turned out to be not so much,

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 06:55 AM
link   

you can google it up. Edgar cayce predicted this event too. lol.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 07:52 AM
link   
What Winter weather? DC got about an inch of snow from this predicted Snowmaggedon. ...

Out of season snow storms happen in the northern half of the U.S. About 6 years ago we had a whopper of a Snow Storm on Easter Sunday and I've seen snow events as late as early May before and that was about 22 years ago...

Wow! Winter weather during the Winter season.... How crazy... Just a reminder The first day of Spring is March 20. 13 more days of Winter....

Don't forget... Daylight savings time also kicks in at 2am Sunday morning. This weekend.. Crazy isn't it?

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 08:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho
What Winter weather? DC got about an inch of snow from this predicted Snowmaggedon. ...

Out of season snow storms happen in the northern half of the U.S. About 6 years ago we had a whopper of a Snow Storm on Easter Sunday and I've seen snow events as late as early May before and that was about 22 years ago...

Wow! Winter weather during the Winter season.... How crazy... Just a reminder The first day of Spring is March 20. 13 more days of Winter....

Don't forget... Daylight savings time also kicks in at 2am Sunday morning. This weekend.. Crazy isn't it?

Yeah, sure, if you look at it as one isolated event, that's true. But if you understand that there are systemic changes going on with our weather, and recognize the number of extreme weather events there's been across the globe in the last few years, it paints quite a different picture...

www.tiki-toki.com...!date=2012-07-22_08:11:03!
armenian.wunderground.com...
www.guardian.co.uk...

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 08:24 AM
link   
i know that since the beginning of 2012-ish, i've heard and read the word 'unprecedented' over and over again with regards to various weather-related stories. the incidence of that word is increasing, by an 'unprecedented' amount. the weather's somewhat messed up for sure.

join