It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stupid User of Stupid Surveillance?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 08:59 PM
link   
I was kicked offline earlier this afternoon, and went to check the connections available. I noticed a new network set up, something that wasn't there a few days ago. I do have a new neighbor, and I haven't met them yet. Here's a screenshot of my available connections:

Now with the suspicious nature of the members here I figured this would be the place to ask.
Do I have neighbor with a weird sense of humor or a surveillance team who doesn't know how to remain undercover?
I don't believe in the "Big Brother" concept of governance like so many members here believe, but I do admit to covering my webcam lens with tape. I think it is funny...in a weird sort of way. It is something I would do, had I thought of it myself.
So is it real? Is my middle-class neighborhood hiding a drug dealer and the dread "they" are watching?
Posting this, I guess I will find out.

edit on 5-3-2013 by stars15k because: Got the bigger picture for readability

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Neighbor with a sense of humor, no need to flush your stash.

edit on 5-3-2013 by forgetmenot because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Neighbour with a sense of humour.

Or.. the keystone DEA whom which you need never ever worry about as they're so inept as to advertise themselves whilst investigating someone over the wireless.

"Allo allo allo, wots goin' on 'ere then? No I'm not a police officer of the law, I am a window salesman. Are you interested in buying a window, sir?"

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by stars15k
I don't believe in the "Big Brother" concept of governance like so many members here believe

even with the insurmountable evidence?

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by stars15k

Do I have neighbor with a weird sense of humor or a surveillance team who doesn't know how to remain undercover?

Stupid would be believing that you actually could remain undercover.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by yourmaker

I don't think there is real evidence to the contrary. Of course, I am a law-abiding USAmerican, drive the speed limit, pay my taxes, don't cause anyone any trouble ever kind of person. There would be no need to investigate me or anyone I know. I believe the overwhelming population of the nation is the same.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by stars15k

I'm not computer savvy to this extent...but, is there any way you can email that screen shot back to the originator.....

That would be freakin' hilarious.....

Des

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 09:20 PM
link   
I can probably find 10 other screen shots showing the same weak attempt at humor on wifi setups.

Nothing to see here, move along.

FBI Surveillence Unit WIFI

Multiple Images Showing This Fail Humor
edit on 5-3-2013 by opethPA because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 09:22 PM
link   
I'm going to guess that not putting "DEA Agent Here" on anything during an operation is something they cover in the early days of new agent/thug school. lol.... I'm going to guess your neighbor has a sense of humor.

One near me uses the Router name "Long Dong". I'm fairly certain most of these names have little basis in reality.

(Now if it says GS-20 DOJ-FBI/IT or some stupid thing like that, I'd start looking for the van with tinted windows. That would be their speed. lol)

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Best I could tell is it's the NSA.....No Such Agency

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 12:20 AM
link   

I think every neighborhood has at least one person with something like that, I was living next to the FBI monitoring unit and one of my neighbors had one that was "passwordispassword1"
edit on 6-3-2013 by Superhans because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by Superhans

Originally posted by Superhans

......one of my neighbors had one that was "passwordispassword1"

Well, was it? You did check, didn't you?

Even though it was most likely a lie, I know I wouldn't have been able to fight off the temptation for very long.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Mine has been "CIA Surveillance" for 5 years.

Refreshing my phone WIFI list shows me the FBI has a van in the area too

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 01:31 PM
link   
There is one in my neighborhood that is "we can hear you having sex". Yah, this is completely humor base. Nothing to worry about.

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Im curious...you arent using someone elses' connection are you? (LYNXS2) Im mean...you arent paying them for sharing it? Or are you using the "HOME" connection as yours? (If you were tho...you wouldnt be searching for connections...you'd have your own.)

Im thinking perhaps youre ticking someone off...and your security is somewhat compromised...
edit on 06-10-2010 by mysterioustranger because: grammar

posted on Mar, 6 2013 @ 09:45 PM
link   
This needs to be in the joke forum....
Google good names for a wireless network, that exact name will come up.

posted on Mar, 7 2013 @ 02:29 AM
link   
reply to post by mysterioustranger

Originally posted by mysterioustranger

Im curious...you arent using someone elses' connection are you? (LYNXS2) Im mean...you arent paying them for sharing it? Or are you using the "HOME" connection as yours? (If you were tho...you wouldnt be searching for connections...you'd have your own.)
You don't have to search for it. It's just there.

A Wireless USB Adapter will pick up all of the signals within the nearby area that are also within a certain range of frequency. That doesn't mean you can connect to it though. It has to first find the signal from the router, before you can send the password, and actually connect to it.

[color=818181](Something like that anyways. I may not have said all of that entirely correct, but close enough)

posted on Mar, 25 2013 @ 12:17 AM
link   
Your neighbor has a sense of humor. I've been using VIRUSXXX for my network name, although it's password protected some people won't dare connect with network name such as Virus or like in your neighbor's case DEA Surveillance.

new topics

top topics

join