It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Heavy snow and high winds expected in my area....up to 20+ inches!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 05:22 PM
link   
www.accuweather.com...

I'm stuck smack dab in the worst part of the storm making it's way to the east coast...They are calling for up to 20+ inches of snow with wind at gusts of 35 mph and major chances of power outages.

I haven't yet decided whether I'm excited for it to come or, dreading the experience all together.

Mainly because this will be our first experience in dealing with a storm of this magnitude since we moved to the country...on top of a mountain no less!

We are well prepared with all the essentials....food, generator, fuel, snow plows, candles and of course plenty of alcohol
.....yeah, the essentials!

So, I may be forced into withdrawl from my daily fix of ATS....at least for a couple of days anyway.

Good thing for the alcohol huh?

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Well, if you're fully stocked up and don't have to go anywhere, enjoy it! 35 mph winds aren't too terrible, it'll just make the snow go sideways.

It would be a good time to get some reading done, etc. Stay warm!

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Stay warm and stay safe! I got more snow than expected today (around a foot), so I'm staying off the roads. I may make a walk over to the liquor store, as I'm anticipating power outages if the lines take on much more weight. Wouldn't hurt to have some beef jerky and stuff like that for short term snacks.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 08:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by FissionSurplus
Well, if you're fully stocked up and don't have to go anywhere, enjoy it! 35 mph winds aren't too terrible, it'll just make the snow go sideways.

It would be a good time to get some reading done, etc. Stay warm!

edit on 5-3-2013 by MagesticEsoteric because: (no reason given)

join