It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFOs are REAL?!?!?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Ok well, I posted in a related thread about the Skinwalker Ranch about a little gem of an article in which Mr. Robert Bigelow is supposedly quoted to say:

UFO Believer
“I’m in the camp that has zero doubt” that UFOs exist and have visited the Earth, Bigelow said in a phone interview.

Bloomberg - Las Vegas Aficionado bets 500 million on Space Hotel

This is the related thread below:

Skinwalker Ranch be sure to Watch the Jesse Ventura Conspiracy Theory show on the Ranch Monday Dec 3

I am starting this thread to drive awareness for the Skinwalker Ranch. This thread is just a flag being raised for the related thread and the recent news quote, though with no direct transcription, unfortunately.

Just wanted to get this out there. Something is up at Skinwalker Ranch.

Edit to add: the fist comment is right... "UFOs are real, ho hum"

edit on 5-3-2013 by Philippines because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Philippines

slightly off topic but important never the less, what really really really bugs me is the mis-use of the acronym UFO. Why do 99% of people associate it with beings from another world?

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by doorhandle

slightly off topic but important never the less, what really really really bugs me is the mis-use of the acronym UFO. Why do 99% of people associate it with beings from another world?

I wanted to draw attention to it. I have an idea about how sensationalism can work.. I have been working top 1000 alexa blogs before =b

Why do people associate UFO with beings from another world? I would have to say propaganda driving this into people's minds.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 12:06 PM
link   

@ UFOs are REAL?!?!?,
1 Agrees OP there ARE Unidentified Flying Objects here on this sphere. Many UFO are said to be top secret blk Craft doing what ever it is they are needed to do that normal identified craft cannot. So 1 does agree with your OP, the thing is what about USC Or Unidentified Space Craft, that are sometimes related to UFO when allowed seen.. Where are those from? Keeping in mind the Other Native population(s) possibly sharing EA*RTH with humanity. And non Natives family members from the Cosmos.

NAMASTE*******

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Yes people see things that they cant identify in the air from time to time. anything to far away to see what it is becomes a UFO. This of course has nothing to do with evidence of visiting alien space craft.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Show one person on the planet who says UFOs are not real.

How many people interested the field of UFOlogy use the abbreviated term UFO when in fact they mean extra terrestrial?

This is the main concern that this subject will always the laughing stock of the mentally insane when basic meaning of words are changed due to an ignorant society or individual trying to make things fit in their own little paradigm.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 12:14 PM
link   
@ “This isn’t about benefiting one human,” Gold said. “This is about opening up space for all of humanity.”

His intents seem well
the ranch and some of the strange activities that go on there has been discussed here. It seems like a mini 5I. Interesting.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Ok, I am ignorant of this area. I will say extra terrestrials because that is EXACTLY what I am alluding to, along with Mr. Bigelow and everything else concerning Skinwalker Ranch.
edit on 5-3-2013 by Philippines because: Edit: I have never delved into extra terrestrial research. I'm sure in this forum many many many are much more knowledgeable than me.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 12:26 PM
link   
A tad off topic but it goes well with the title...

I just started watching Alien Mysteries on Discovery. And me and my wife saw an episode about Stephenville Lights of January 8, 2008.

I didn't find anything anout this being debunked, so does this mean that this is ETs of Our own secret ships? IDK?!? It is quite the the story with 100s of witnesses. see full story here

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 12:44 PM
link   

You know, that used to bug me a little, too. Then I just decided to go for it and just allow UFO to mean aliens in spaceships. I don't have to be the anal-retentive nerd who is compelled to point out that it really means unidentified flying objects, and of course there are things that fly that some people can't immediately identify, therefore, "UFOs" exist. I don't have to be that person.

As far as I'm concerned, "UFO" means aliens in spaceships. Just let it go at that.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 12:50 PM
link   
UFOs as an as of yet quantified phenomenon get along quite nicely without any requirements for aliens, demons, spirits, interdimensional beings, or any other sort of 'intelligent' control.

Counting from the 1940s, we've near 70 years of modern interest in the phenomenon, and there's yet sufficient data beyond identifying false positives to give much more than speculation on the topic.

Thus, UFOs = unknown phenomenon.

Unknown Phenomenon does not exclude artificial construction, aliens, intelligent control, or anything of the sort, but, it also doesn't specify or select for them either.

Unknown, is, as of yet, Unknown.

70 years of interest in the topic from government funded projects, to private research efforts and there's still insufficient data.
That, in itself is a data point of some significance.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 01:01 PM
link   
OK, let's first make the assumption that by UFO, you mean aliens visiting this planet - which I think is obviously what you're inferring..

Originally posted by Philippines
Ok well, I posted in a related thread about the Skinwalker Ranch about a little gem of an article in which Mr. Robert Bigelow is supposedly quoted to say:

UFO Believer
“I’m in the camp that has zero doubt” that UFOs exist and have visited the Earth, Bigelow said in a phone interview.

And to that I say, I know of hundreds (thousands?) of people who have "zero doubt" that the earth is flat (theflatearthsociety.org...). Get the picture?

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Druscilla

UFOs as an as of yet quantified phenomenon get along quite nicely without any requirements for aliens, demons, spirits, interdimensional beings, or any other sort of 'intelligent' control.

Counting from the 1940s, we've near 70 years of modern interest in the phenomenon, and there's yet sufficient data beyond identifying false positives to give much more than speculation on the topic.

Thus, UFOs = unknown phenomenon.

Unknown Phenomenon does not exclude artificial construction, aliens, intelligent control, or anything of the sort, but, it also doesn't specify or select for them either.

Unknown, is, as of yet, Unknown.

70 years of interest in the topic from government funded projects, to private research efforts and there's still insufficient data.
That, in itself is a data point of some significance.

True, though the term UFO is very broad. I agree with the previous poster about UFO being nearly synonymous with alien/extraterrestrial, hence the subject title.

Here is a good quote on what we really know, which is less than Mr. Bigelow. See other thread please and watch the episode, communicate with the OP of that thread. This seems important because of the non-attention.

Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.

Arthur C. Clarke

Smart guy. I also like this quote:

It has yet to be proven that intelligence has any survival value.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by redtic
OK, let's first make the assumption that by UFO, you mean aliens visiting this planet - which I think is obviously what you're inferring..

UFO Believer

And to that I say, I know of hundreds (thousands?) of people who have "zero doubt" that the earth is flat (theflatearthsociety.org...). Get the picture?

People believe what they want and are in their own reality of what life is. If I say UFOs (for terms, aliens in vessels visiting Earth, maybe interdimensional or another term we don't yet know). I am trying to look at the evidence objectively after watching the show.

Ok, and I know many many many people here who think Westerners are out of touch with reality. If you are a Westerner. Anyways, what is your point? I see the analogy you are trying to make but the flat earth theory was proved wrong awhile ago.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 01:20 PM
link   
I think a few people mean extraterrestrial craft when saying "UFO." Could it be ET? Sure. Is it likely? No. Even so, some of these UFOs (specifically the white orbs people capture) don't even look intelligently flown. Some of them are all zig-zaggy. The definition of UFO is simply "unidentified flying objects." UFOs are definitely a real phenomenon, no doubt. But a UFO could be something really mundane, like a bird. Just my thoughts

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Anyways, what is your point? I see the analogy you are trying to make but the flat earth theory was proved wrong awhile ago.

That's precisely my point - one or thousands (or millions) of people saying that they have zero doubt about the truth of something is irrelevant - people can convince themselves of anything no matter how far-fetched or how little evidence there actually is. That's why science is such a beautiful thing.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Druscilla
70 years of interest in the topic from government funded projects, to private research efforts and there's still insufficient data. That, in itself is a data point of some significance.

Absolutely. What it tells me is that a lot of people have been looking in the wrong direction for a long time, possibly trying to force the data to fit their hypotheses. Yes, there is data and evidence, but of what? Of course, the phenomenon is rare, and people can theorize that the government is airtight enough to keep a big thing like that secret.

But what it seems to boil down to is that something is happening that we just can't get a handle on. We're not smart enough, maybe. We don't have the technological/psychological paradigms in place to understand it. Whatever.

At this point, though, "aliens in spaceships" just doesn't appear to be the answer.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Because that's what’s been implied for 60+ years
or so, anything else is just semantics!

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by InhaleExhale

Show one person on the planet who says UFOs are not real.

How many people interested the field of UFOlogy use the abbreviated term UFO when in fact they mean extra terrestrial?

This is the main concern that this subject will always the laughing stock of the mentally insane when basic meaning of words are changed due to an ignorant society or individual trying to make things fit in their own little paradigm.

I agree with what you're saying, defined terms are important. In this case I understand what you're saying and did the title on purpose to garner attention. Again, go to the other thread.

I apologize for having offended anyone by using the UFO term. I implicitly meant extra terrestrials, their presence and technology is here on Earth now.

Fascism at it's finest, when the US government (FAA in particular) resorts to Mr. Bigelow owned entities to resolve "UFO" reports.

posted on Mar, 5 2013 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blue Shift
Absolutely. What it tells me is that a lot of people have been looking in the wrong direction for a long time, possibly trying to force the data to fit their hypotheses. Yes, there is data and evidence, but of what? Of course, the phenomenon is rare, and people can theorize that the government is airtight enough to keep a big thing like that secret.

But what it seems to boil down to is that something is happening that we just can't get a handle on. We're not smart enough, maybe. We don't have the technological/psychological paradigms in place to understand it. Whatever.

At this point, though, "aliens in spaceships" just doesn't appear to be the answer.

I'm of the opinion, opinion mind you, the data forcing you mention is culpable for a great deal of stalling in making headway on putting a name to the phenomenon due the siren song temptation of less than objective observational data especially where adherents to ETH get involved.

Aliens, granted, are extremely tempting. It puts a face on the phenomenon and once it has a face, well, it's easy to see the whole culture associated with other unknown intelligences that's grown up around such speculation from the friendly very human-looking Space Brothers of the early days, on up to spooky insects, reptilians, greys and who-knows-what else vying for planetary dominance.
Put a face on it, and in no time there's an entire mythological zoo grown up near overnight.

The psycho-social phenomenon of the invention of all these myriad sundry flights of fancy of what could, might, maybe, hopefully, and for some definitely does exist is quite fascinating in and of itself.
Jungian perspective papers in journals on the amendment of the collective conciousness in embracing, nurturing, and fueling this new mythology are begging to be writ.

All in all, in keeping a purely objective perspective for viewing the phenomenon as a phenomenon, I would hope, could get us back on track toward accruing solid data.

Granted, I'm personally biased with leanings toward the phenomenon existing as an as-of-yet understood natural phenomenon, possibly even sundry different and variable sorts enough to account for the extreme variability in morphology, presentation, and behavior already reported, but, in keeping a perspective of X= unknown, any possibility is still a possibility, though not necessarily a probability.

Data will tell.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join