It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DHS Purchases 2,700 Light-Armored Tanks For Service On Streets of the US

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hopechest
reply to post by butcherguy

As I stated earlier, these are probably being purchased for use in future overseas deployments, the DHS probably bought them because they had room in their budget.

If you can disprove that I'd be happy to entertain your conspiracies. Usually though, with rational thought, there is more than likely a reasonable explantion.

It is you making the claim that this could be a possibility so the burden of proof lies with you. Prove that DHS is purchasing these for another organization, otherwise the other running theories hold just as much weight as your own.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 11:43 AM
link   
A second source should be provided. (Besides A. Jones).

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 11:46 AM
link   

As I stated earlier, these are probably being purchased for use in future overseas deployments, the DHS probably bought them because they had room in their budget.

If you can disprove that I'd be happy to entertain your conspiracies. Usually though, with rational thought, there is more than likely a reasonable explantion.

The DHS is buying them for the Marines?
That is a bit weak.
And I have to disprove your theory... that you have zero proof with which to support it.
Even weaker.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpaDe_
Interesting, first it was hundreds of thousands of rounds of ammunition and now tanks?
And people say that anyone concerned with these types of things are just being paranoid.
I think it is obvious what these agencies are preparing for, but my question is what do they know that we don't know?

Hundreds of thousands of rounds?

Try 1.6 BILLION with a "B" rounds.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 11:55 AM
link   
That's some pretty heavy metal for local "rescue".

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 11:58 AM
link   

It is you making the claim that this could be a possibility so the burden of proof lies with you. Prove that DHS is purchasing these for another organization, otherwise the other running theories hold just as much weight as your own.

Certainly any theory at this point is valid as there isn't proof one way or the other.

Looking at scenario's though I highly doubt the US govenment has a plan to go after its citizens with force.

Why? What would prompt this?

Is Obama going to declare himself king? Doubtful.

When you look at the situation realistically its more probable that they are purchasing these for future use.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy

The DHS is buying them for the Marines?
That is a bit weak.
And I have to disprove your theory... that you have zero proof with which to support it.
Even weaker.

You have zero proof also.

Just saying.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 12:02 PM
link   
So much for the sequestration effecting DHS, funny how they can pay for this but not shunt the neccessary funds for national defence to the military.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Hopechest

You have zero proof also.

Proof of what?
Just asking.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Oh sweet Mother of Pearl! (sorry about the swear)

I thought we had about a decade before our country turned into a police-state.

Boy, was I wrong!

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 12:04 PM
link   
That these vehicles or the hollow-point rounds are being purchased for use against American civilians.

I simply cannot see how that would play out.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Certainly any theory at this point is valid as there isn't proof one way or the other.

Looking at scenario's though I highly doubt the US govenment has a plan to go after its citizens with force.

When you look at the situation realistically its more probable that they are purchasing these for future use.

Yet you challenged another member to disprove your "loose" theory? Do tell what the Department of HOMELAND Security would possibly need essentially tanks for on US soil, and 2,700 to boot? And if things like this have been done in the past please show where departments have made purchases for other departments not under their umbrella with surplus funds in the past. Should be a simple task really if they actually do this sort of thing.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 12:06 PM
link   

That these vehicles or the hollow-point rounds are being purchased for use against American civilians.

So you are accusing me of saying that these are for use against American civilians? Did I say that?
I am just wondering what possible use they have for these.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 12:07 PM
link   
2,700 is a hell of a a lot of Special Responce vehicles. When the Gov starts putting sound weapons on the top of them, id start to worry a bit. Not saying they sre going to use them. BUT IF, Have to out smart them, if needed, and use Convex shaped or dome shaped sheilds to combat the sound waves, lol

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by phantomjack

Interesting, first it was hundreds of thousands of rounds of ammunition and now tanks?
And people say that anyone concerned with these types of things are just being paranoid.
I think it is obvious what these agencies are preparing for, but my question is what do they know that we don't know?

Hundreds of thousands of rounds?

Try 1.6 BILLION with a "B" rounds.

Right, but the first reports were about their purchasing those hundreds of thousands of rounds of hollow point ammunition if I remember correctly. It has escalated a long way from that was my point, but you are correct billions of rounds of ammo for one umbrella organization.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Yet you challenged another member to disprove your "loose" theory? Do tell what the Department of HOMELAND Security would possibly need essentially tanks for on US soil, and 2,700 to boot? And if things like this have been done in the past please show where departments have made purchases for other departments not under their umbrella with surplus funds in the past. Should be a simple task really if they actually do this sort of thing.

I have given reasons why they may have purchased them, simple fact is that nobody knows.

There is no way to prove anything.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy

So you are accusing me of saying that these are for use against American civilians? Did I say that?
I am just wondering what possible use they have for these.

Not accusing you of anything.

We don't know why they are purchasing them but obviously there is a reason. When trying to determine that reason we should look at all possibilities.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Hopechest

I'm sorry, but this is where I draw a BIG FAT LINE for "playing devil's advocate". Not every topic HAS two sides or needs everyone to try so hard finding one.

These are the purchase of Military Combat vehicles for use by civilian authority against or among civilian population in our own nation and cities.

I don't see upsides, legitimate justifications or anything else to excuse this. Period. End of Story...FUUUUULL STOP.

I noted one exception and SAR/Swift Water Rescue which does make sense. In limited areas and for very specific roles we DO use military platforms. Look at some air on forest firefighting, for instance.

However...... That's very specific. That's not 2,700 MRAP's out to the streets of America on top of the 30,000 Drones this SAME DHS was just pushing down the throats of America by grant, gift and any other means they could find to encourage and distribute them.

We're becoming a police state and entirely too many are looking for ways to make it sound Okay while it's happening. No.. MRAP combat trucks are NOT Okay on my city street. Not now...and not ever. Espeically NOT with the Department Of Homeland Security door decal the one in the picture has. Since when was DHS a national police force, anyway??

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 12:14 PM
link   
For one thing, these trucks are not "tanks" In the service we called them "gun trucks"

They are just an Armored Personnel Carrier on wheels. Although they are formidable they are not unstoppable or the end all to conflict. And unlike a tank it can't roll over obstacles without getting high centered. Pushing through is another story.... but this also has to be done right.

When they have gun turrets mounted I'd start worrying a little more. As this would make the vehicle more useful in an aggressive fire support role.

But you are right a civilian government, paramilitary organization has no need for these trucks.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Point 1. If these were being purchased for military use, it'd be the DoD buying, not DHS.

Point 2. We've wrapped up in Iraq, and are drawing down in Afghanistan. We are flush with surplus heavy armor vehicles. No need to buy. Just go to DRMO and take your pick!

Just keepin' it real, people.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join