It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

here is the little treasure I found on Star Island, Nova Scotia.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 12:34 PM
link   
on the side with the Arabic writing, is that some sort of Hallmark on the very top right hand side as you look at it..get a magnifying glass and see if you can read it.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 02:16 PM
link   
@minddefense
I tried to atleast provide information about one side which was that it contained the testimony of faith of Muslims and that at the top in says "Allahu Akbar" in arabic which means God is Greatest, And Allah in the middle which is God. So it's definitely something that belongs to a muslim or that's been bought from a muslim. But I can't see why it's something that someone wanted to carve it into a pendant.

I think the other side contains verses of the Quran, But I can't see it clearly to determine which of the verses they are. Take good care of it, when something has the words of Allah written on it, It's a sin to take it to filthy places or use it in a filthy way. I know that if you're not muslim you obviously wouldn't care, But for the sake of respect for muslims I really suggest you take care of it. And if possible try at least to return it to it's owner, Maybe that way the benefit is greater for you? Who knows what God has in plan for you.

Peace

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 02:20 PM
link   
I do have a question.

Why did you choose this particular username ? Is this in direct relation to your findings ?

Please elaborate.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 02:52 PM
link   
reply to post by H1ght3chHippie

It don't think it has a meaning no. Maybe it did when I created the account but I don't remember if that is the case.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 04:10 PM
link   
I'm asking because it has a possible relation to the Arabic language, and seeing there is Arabic inscription on the Amulet, that is quite a funny coincidence.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 04:16 PM
link   
to me i don,t see nothing,its a bit of gold with arabic writing on it,could be brand new,could be years old,you said yourself its a tourist destination so could have been any tourist that dropped it.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 07:43 PM
link   
hello OP

i can read arabic

going around the sides of the square , is the shahada...
la ilah il allah - "there is no god god but allah"
and allan akbar - "allah is the greatest"

as its gold it most likely belonged to a female
9 times out of ten, it would be around a childs neck attached to a thin necklace.

i`ll read the back, one sec

well i couldnt make it out
its defintly from the quran, the opening line at the top is
" by the name of allah the most kind and most meciful"
edit on 4-3-2013 by thePharaoh because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Ok... now I want to know whats written on the back of the pendant.

I am taking this as a sign.

OP, can you please post a clearer picture?

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 11:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Misbah

But for the sake of respect for muslims I really suggest you take care of it. And if possible try at least to return it to it's owner, Maybe that way the benefit is greater for you? Who knows what God has in plan for you.

Something like the skateboarder who saved a Koran from being burned by fundamentalists in Texass....and handed it over to a mosque. He will have his reward, God willing.

edit on 4-3-2013 by sk0rpi0n because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join