It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vi Hart's Guide to Comments - Or Taming Trolls

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 01:33 AM
link   
I found this interesting and amusing video and thought it would be perfect for sharing here. Did you ever wonder how to handle negative comments? Here are some interesting insights.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 01:55 AM
link   
reply to post by happykat39

I got distracted when she stopped drawing and started playing with the wax. As a professional troll, I kind of get what she's saying but now all I think about is the wax.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 08:29 AM
link   
OP, I'm sure you realize that some of us can't listen.

Would you mind providing a synopsis of the ten-minute video?

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by chasingbrahman
OP, I'm sure you realize that some of us can't listen.

Would you mind providing a synopsis of the ten-minute video?

Yeah, I have the same problem with some videos that can't be watched in my area.

It is a video done in the style of the one minute science series where they show a marker being used to write while a voice does a talkover. Vi Hart gives advice on how to handle various types of negative and rude comments to works you have posted online. She also makes some "deliberate" mistakes and distractions to illustrate some "imperfections" that are open to attack by others (ref, post directly above yours, this comment answers him/her too).

It really is a humor piece with some useful advice on conflict resolution thrown in for good measure. It would be worth your while, if you like that kind of thing, to do a web search to see if there is a version you can view in your corner of the planet.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 11:05 AM
link   
I needed this video yesterday lol it was really interesting though the wax did put one of a bit just cos i used to love doing the same thing with wax when i was younger opps!!

top topics

join