It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious light blamed for circle of fire

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 10:43 PM
link   
ABC News

Tasmanian police and firefighters are unable to explain the source of a beam of light which reportedly fell from the sky and formed a circle of fire in a Hobart suburb.

Early yesterday morning police and fire crews received calls from concerned residents in Carnegie Street at Claremont, who reported seeing a bright light igniting a fire in a nearby paddock.

Tasmania Fire Service officer Scott Vinen says the blaze was quickly put out, leaving an obvious burnt patch.

He says the bizarre incident has everyone baffled.

"Once we put the fire out, we kind of walked through the fire and tried to find something," he said.

"We thought a flare or something may have landed there, but we couldn't find any cause."

The Fire Service says it will not investigate further.

Everyone is baffled as to how this fire started with reports of a light falling from the sky. Anyone think of an explanation for this? If it was lightning they probably would of said so. A flare has been considered a possible source of the light beam but no evidence of it found.

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by surrealist

From the link...

"We thought a flare or something may have landed there, but we couldn't find any cause."

Without any further... probably a flare. Not investigating means they know but aren't telling?

posted on Mar, 2 2013 @ 11:23 PM
link   
It's just the x-37 testing out it's laser on a remote(they thought) location.

defense.aol.com...

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 02:11 AM
link   
A much as i would like this to be something strange , There are many earthly things it could be
Firelighter falling from chinese lantern
fuel bomb dropped from R/C -FPV plane/ heli
potatoe gun ?
catapult
If they have an exact location we can search more on google Earth to see whats near.

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 02:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by 12voltz
A much as i would like this to be something strange , There are many earthly things it could be
potatoe gun ?
catapult
If they have an exact location we can search more on google Earth to see whats near.

A hap hazardous cigarette butt thrown out of a plane,twirling around and setting a patch of dry grass a fire.
A private little prop plane that is.

www.fire.nsw.gov.au...

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 05:05 AM
link   
reply to post by surrealist

Our military testing out their laser mounted weapon? Or maybe a hotshot pilot was playing around with the controls and wanted to have some fun?

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 05:52 AM
link   
Hmm as a previous poster said .. They couldn't find a source of ignition yet they don't want to investigate it .. Hmm suspicious

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Something similar happened to me as a child while staying at my grandmothers while my mom and dad were on the outs. I was woken up by a commotion outside and I looked out the window towards the back yard and there were a couple circles or rings of fire close to each other. From what I can remember there were more than 2. The next day while playing in the yard I noticed burnt marks on the grass right where I had spotted the flames.
To this day I have no idea what had happened.
edit on 3-3-2013 by kimish because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Wonder if there are any missing animals? Mutilated animals?

Here is a pic from the article:

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 01:42 PM
link   
I don't know if its misinformation or not, but I have read many places quoting scientists saying that any laser powerful enough to do any damage is beyond the visible spectrum, so that would rule out that possibility. Leaving only one I can think of, satalites redirecting and focusing the suns rays. Speaking of which, with all the junk we have orbiting up there I wonder if that could ever happen just by pure chance.

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Things are starting to get tooooooo creeeepy!
Rainbows
Jane

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 02:46 PM
link   
The simple fact that these firefighters are unwilling to investigate should be sounding off alarms with everyone.

This is highly suspicious, whatever it is, mundane or phenomenal, it is very strange.

Look at this.... They find zero cause for the fire: This rules out quite a lot of 'mundane' excuses such as a flare or
chinese lantern.

A beam of light was witnessed, that in itself is very strange. .

I don't think ths is a fragile earth issue, but rather one of paranormal descent.

But maybe that's just me.

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Julie Washington

weird. so from the time the light was reported to the time the fifefighters arrived. Only that small patch had burned and was on fire?

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by ZeussusZ

If you look at google Earth ,you will find this to be a residential area
The possibilities are endless but my money is on imaginative teenagers and some flammable material

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by 12voltz
potatoe gun ?
catapult

The DPIPW have been back burning around Hobart for weeks and dropping Incendiary devices to reduce fuels in un-burnt spots around the area following the fires they had down there. Local brigades would know about it but I suppose if one of the incendiary drops accidently fell in the wrong spot, they would cover it over.

No real harm done, but in light of the criticism other state land/fire management departments around the country have received in recent times "calling for their shut-down or re-structuring", keeping more screw-ups quiet is beneficial to the community.

Most local communities don't have a clue about how hard it is to keep them safe and how easy it is to stuff up sometimes while trying to protect them. When they do hear about something, they go bananas and forget that some departments have a really good track record and only concentrate on the few bad things that happen.

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeussusZ

Originally posted by Julie Washington

weird. so from the time the light was reported to the time the fifefighters arrived. Only that small patch had burned and was on fire?

OK, now after looking at this pic for the firat time, I can tell you that it was def an Incendiary device. No trace because the golf balls litterally disintegrate and leave no trace. The scrub in the background was most likely the target and they missed or the icendiary machine missfired. Or the machine may have missfired while in transit to another location where a burn was under way. No biggie. There were prolly DPIPW personnel in the area waiting to monitor the burn and make it safe when the job was done (they don't always have to inform the public of a burn if the conditions become right for burning on a dime and they need to act before the window of oportunity shuts).

The reason it isn't being investigated is most likely because the cause is already known by the agencies involved, there is no cause for concern, so there is no need to inform the public.
edit on 3/3/2013 by Ironclad because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by ThinkingCap

Its not strange that they won't investigate. I lived in tasmania for two years and thats just the way they are. There is not much chance the tas fire service would put themselves out there in that "hokey" stuff. incidently Tasmania is a mega hot spot for ufo's. I was out at a lake cabin which there are many one night and in the sky there were multiple zig zag type lights the whole bit. It is one of the seldon mentioned places where really strange stuff happens. Frederich valentich went missing one night after being attacked by a green light in his cessna he is still gone pressumed dead. Also some german tourists some yrs ago went missing in their cessna after a strange cigar shaped object was seen over on of the many lakes there. Many strange globster type creatures are found on its very weird coast. One particular object was circular shaped, covered in a strange hide and when dented with a sledge hammer by a police officer returned to its original shape. Strange place, look it up its good reading.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 12:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by surrealist
ABC News

Tasmanian police and firefighters are unable to explain the source of a beam of light which reportedly fell from the sky and formed a circle of fire in a Hobart suburb.

Early yesterday morning police and fire crews received calls from concerned residents in Carnegie Street at Claremont, who reported seeing a bright light igniting a fire in a nearby paddock.

Tasmania Fire Service officer Scott Vinen says the blaze was quickly put out, leaving an obvious burnt patch.

He says the bizarre incident has everyone baffled.

"Once we put the fire out, we kind of walked through the fire and tried to find something," he said.

Everyone is baffled as to how this fire started with reports of a light falling from the sky. Anyone think of an explanation for this? If it was lightning they probably would of said so. A flare has been considered a possible source of the light beam but no evidence of it found.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 12:47 AM
link   
Seems like one of the gizmos that make crop circles malfunctioned.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 02:42 AM
link   
Kinda reminds me of Command and Conquer: Generals particle cannon (EA Games/Westwood Studios). Just hope we don't see testing of an actual scud storm.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join