It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dangerous TB Patient Nabbed on US Border

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by jdub297
reply to post by generik

The "kid" was actually Atlanta attorney John Speaker, who traveled to Europe for his wedding and honeymoon.
Plane passengers sue TB patient

abcnews.go.com...

Although the CDC was aware of his diagnosis and plans, it did nothing to stop him from traveling abroad; contrary to some low-information members' misnformed rants.

jw

actually NO, that is yet another case. the one i know about comes from personal info and not the news. to the best of my knowledge this kid (and i know it is a kid), is still unknown and i would think attending school in the states. i am fairly certain i would have heard something if they actually caught him. cleared by relatives on one end, and i'm sure his rich father can afford to have it covered up there. but then there are probably LOTS of cases like this walking around unknown. money talks.

posted on May, 22 2013 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by generik

No cites, no sources, no links, no references = BS.

Try harder.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by jdub297
reply to post by generik

No cites, no sources, no links, no references = BS.

Try harder.

actually no cites, sources and links. are due because this is not a news item. if it had been news it would have meant that they had been caught which they haven't been. this is knowledge through other sources that are not available on the net, i believe intelligence communities would refer to them as a "human intell source". knowing the people involved i would give it a high credibility, but you can sit in ignorance and claim it's BS just because it is not something on the "net", which of course has every piece of data in the world stored within it, and it's of course all true. (NOT).

even if you do not want to believe it because it hasn't made it's way on the net, does not make it any less of a problem. if there is ONE that i know about, how many OTHER people also have information about ONE MORE? sure there is a system in place which is supposed to deal with things like this, but it will not work when people involved in the process aren't truthful due to things like family ties and even bribes. and that just covers those that immigrate LEGALLY, how many more come in through ILLEGAL means that don't even go through that process? makes one wonder just how many things like this are walking around without anyone knowing it.

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 10:31 AM
link   
The man is obviously a "biological weapon of Mass destruction" he should be put in a sealed contained and dump in the bottom of the sea.
edit on 23-5-2013 by marg6043 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 23 2013 @ 10:38 AM
link   
interesting this came back up yesterday. timing can be an interesting thing. today i find a news story which may contain a possible cure for it. something seemingly simple and available "off the shelf" even.

PARIS — Scientists said Tuesday they had managed to kill lab-grown tuberculosis (TB) bacteria with good old Vitamin C — an “unexpected” discovery they hope will lead to better, cheaper drugs. A team from Albert Einstein College of Medicine in New York made the accidental find while researching how TB bacteria become resistant to the TB drug isoniazid. The researchers added isoniazid and a “reducing agent” known as cysteine to the TB in a test tube, expecting the bacteria to develop drug resistance. Instead, the team “ended up killing off the culture”, according to the study’s senior author William Jacobs, who said the result was “totally unexpected.” Reducing agents chemically reduce other substances. The team then replaced the cysteine in the experiment with another reducing agent — Vitamin C. It, too, killed the bacteria. “I was in disbelief,” said Jacobs of the outcome published in the journal Nature Communications. “Even more surprisingly… when we left out the TB drug isoniazid and just had Vitamin C alone, we discovered that Vitamin C kills tuberculosis.” The team next tested the vitamin on drug resistant strains of TB, with the same outcome. In the lab tests, the bacteria never developed resistance to Vitamin C — “almost like the dream drug”, Jacobs said in a video released by the college. He stressed the effect had only been demonstrated in a test tube so far, and “we don’t know if it will work in humans,” or which dose might be useful. “But in fact before this study we wouldn’t have even thought about trying this study in humans.”
business.inquirer.net...

interesting to say the least, lets hope that this is a viable thing in the end. and to think that it was an "accidental discovery".
edit on 23-5-2013 by generik because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1   >>

join