It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2 interactions with police in a row, armageddon is here.....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 12:44 PM
link   
So let me start by saying that i noticed something during both of these traffic stops and thats apart of why i post this thread. Something else i wanted to add was some counter balance to the hate cops agenda pushed here sometimes.

First let me go through the stops and then ill post my observations.

Stop 1;

Pulled over for pulling in front of a police officer at a stop sign.

Police officer asks me why i pulled in front of him, i responded by saying because he was at a stop sign. I then proceed to ask him what i did wrong. He didnt asnwer me and asked for my ID. I then asked him what i did and explained that i didnt understand what was happening (dealing with police tactics 101). He takes my id and comes back a few minutes later and tells me hes letting me off with a warning and not to pull in front of police officer agaian, have a good day.

Not so bad.

Stop 2;

Police officer pulls me over because i accidentally cut someone off in front of a red light (i know i know bad driving it happens). He comes to my window and asks me for my id and insurance card. I asked him what i did wrong and he exclaimed that i must be kidding him i almost caused an accident but didnt give me any real reason. So i began searching my car trying to find my insurance card and began to act like i didnt understand what was going on and asked what i did again. He asked me for my id and walked back to the police car. He came back a minute later and gave me my id and let me off with a warning explaining that he could have towed my car for not having an insurance card, have a good day.

So.... let me first explain that in both cases i didnt any laws so they couldnt provide me with a reason for pulling me over, i knew this which is why i asked them first.

Second, my observation. During both cases the police officer were EXTREMELY aggressive during the initial phase of each interaction. To the point that my fight or flight was kicking in and i had to control my self from reacting accordingly. This is what made me think.

Do they react this strongly to everyone?

The overall experience was better then most of the experiences ive had in my life. Although they were very aggressive initially they chilled out in way and it went smoothly after that.

Im just wondering if they need to be reacting that strongly and if that causes situations to go south so quickly so often? Are they that fast to pull the trigger?

Overall positive, but just left me with a few questions.
edit on 1-3-2013 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 12:49 PM
link   
I've never had anything but very nice officers pull me over so I have no experiences with the horror stories I hear about.

Maybe it helps that I'm always friendly and treat them with respect, they obviously show it back.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Hopechest

Yeah, i treat them pretty nicely to. Its not like im looking for trouble with cops. My demeanor may be why it ends up going so well.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hopechest
I've never had anything but very nice officers pull me over so I have no experiences with the horror stories I hear about.

Maybe it helps that I'm always friendly and treat them with respect, they obviously show it back.

Same here. Pretty much everytime ive been pulled over, ive deserved it and the cop was usually polite and in return I was too, this usually got me off with a warning.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hopechest

Are you a guy with maybe a "faster" looking car?

When law is involved men always loose*

edit on 3/1/2013 by luciddream because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 12:58 PM
link   
I always show them my boobs and lick my lips in a sexy and provocative way but it never helps...They laugh, they look at me very strangely and always ask if I've been drinking before they ask for my ID. Mind you I'm a fat old married man but still...... LMAO !
edit on 1-3-2013 by Nuke2013 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by onequestion

I was at a bbq last summer and the cops showed up because of a noise complaint and I watched as the guy in charge got in the cops face about how he had rights and its his propery and yada yada, anyways I witnessed the cops attitude go from one of calmness to one of hostility almost right away.

Anyways after a quick arrest for drunk and disorderly of this guy I quickly realized that it probably pays to show a little respect.

Had he simply explained that he was having a little get together and say that he meant no harm and simply turned down the music, we could have enjoyed the rest of the day. However, his attitude dampered the whole afternoon and we all left after the cop car pulled away, with him in it.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 01:07 PM
link   
actually they did have a valid reason to pull you over. you admitted to cutting somebody off at a traffic light. depending on what you mean by 'at a traffic light' there are multiple offenses they could cite. secondly, he's under no obligation to explain to you why he pulled you over until he actually issues a citation. the officer asking you if you know why he pulled you over is simply trying to get you to admit to wrongdoing. saying you don't know isn't going to change anything. you got off without a citation twice. leave it at that, and maybe drive a bit more carefully?

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Back in my younger days, i partied a bit. I got pulled over by a cop i knew. He looked at me and said " You been drinking? Your eyes are red" I replied " You been eating donuts? Your eyes are glazed" He fell all over himself laughing and sent me home.

I had a friend who drank a lot. He got pulled over and the cop asked him to walk the line on the side of the highway. He said " Hell no! Some drunk might run over me!" He let him go.

If you can get a laugh or a smile, you can generally have a better outcome. Maybe times have changed though.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 01:15 PM
link   
thread is a little misleading.

on thread title you talk of 2 positive interactions with police and then stating armageddon is here. so i was under the impression that you had 2 run in's with police and they had both warned you something big is coming, armageddon.

you thread makes no sense.

should probably be in rant forum even though its a mild one.
yes, if your not driving correctly cops will be pretty serious with you until they check you out and see your not wanted. if your pretty young they will also be strict with you. just letting you know whos the boss and who enforces the laws on the roads your driving on. Its pretty straight forward. As long as your not an ass they will generally send you on your with without a ticket if they can help it.

now, please explain, why the hell you have written 'armageddon is here' in your title

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by lacrimaererum

Yeah kind of a rant. Ill change the title...

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 01:25 PM
link   
If you didn't break any laws, and the officers pulled you over anyway, how is it that you perceive this to be a positive interaction with a LEO? Did I miss some of the nuance in this story? Or are you just happy that they weren't verbally abusive or threatening in some way (which I must agree would be nice!)?

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by chasingbrahman

Yeah im happy i didnt get tazed and destroyed. They pretty polite past the first few sentences.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by onequestion
reply to post by chasingbrahman

Yeah im happy i didnt get tazed and destroyed. They pretty polite past the first few sentences.

Okay - gotcha!

Given you could have gotten a ticket just because the officer felt like issuing one, then I must agree.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 10:56 PM
link   
I think if you stop being in such a rush to be first in line you wouldn't have either problem of the officers pulling you over.

You admitted you pulled in FRONT of the officer

then

You admitted that you pulled in FRONT of another car almost causing an accident.

I don't think the problem is with the officers, you should take a good long hard look at your driving skills.

Stop being in a rush and maybe you won't get pulled over as much.

Just saying....

new topics

top topics

join