It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Flapping Dead: Dead Sparrow reanimated by off the shelf robotics

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 07:27 AM
link   

A dead bird animated by off-the-shelf robotics helped US biologists study behaviour in the swamp sparrow species.

www.bbc.co.uk...

Scientists reanimate a dead sparrow using motors and electronics to study the aggression in wing flapping. Not an actual zombie reanimation, but a robot controlled corpse is still pretty cool. I'm sure it won't be long before we have self replicating nano technology that can do this, which will bring about the robo zombie apocalypse.

edit on 1-3-2013 by The Cusp because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 07:57 AM
link   
reply to post by The Cusp

I think I saw the movie version and it really didn't end well.

They can model a nuclear explosion in record time and with ease....where once it took computers the size of a whole room to do it. They can't MODEL this? It has to be ghoulish like this? eeek.... I think some people never grew up or gained healthy maturity levels. Education and numbers of letters after their names doesn't help or change that sometimes, IMHO.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Please don't try this on my ex-mother-in-law

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 08:49 AM
link   
I knew letting scientists watch: "Robot-Chicken" would come to no good.
Link: www.youtube.com...

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
reply to post by The Cusp

I think I saw the movie version and it really didn't end well.

They can model a nuclear explosion in record time and with ease....where once it took computers the size of a whole room to do it. They can't MODEL this? It has to be ghoulish like this? eeek.... I think some people never grew up or gained healthy maturity levels. Education and numbers of letters after their names doesn't help or change that sometimes, IMHO.

How could they model this on a computer? The whole experiment is to determine aggressive behaviour among wild sparrows. They needed a real sparrow that would interact with other real sparrows to test their behaviour. If they could model it that would require already knowing the answer.

join