It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Harlem Shake on Plane

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 07:02 AM
link   
If this subject was already posted please remove Mods, I did a search but saw nothing.

I watched this on TV this morning and three of the kids were there that started this event. The kids saw nothing wrong with what they did but the FAA is investigating the incident.

The shaking picture to me shows that the dancing is causing resonance that is shaking the plane, I do not think it is the shaking hands of the one taking pictures. This is consistent with resonance tearing apart buildings in Tesla's experiments. If there would have not been some noticeable evidence I doubt if the FAA would be investigating. Of course those who just think it is child's play will discount this possibility. The exited kids participating in this would not perceive what was happening either. I don't think this kind of stuff should be allowed to be done on planes.

Has anyone watched this clip on the news?

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 07:05 AM
link   
Got a link to the clip?

And I agree.. Resonance issues are very real. Mythbusters did an experiment and had a whole bridge span vibrating from small toys generating just the right pattern. It's scary stuff. I remember the episode because it's one of the few times Mythbusters has terminated an experiment early and not pushed it to the limits of outright silly ..because it worked well enough to make even those guys nervous.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 07:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Don't know how to post a video link. Only been posting here for a year

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 07:15 AM
link   
I can't find that exact video but here's an example (extreme) of what they are talking about.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 07:24 AM
link   
This might be it.

www.nypost.com...

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 08:01 AM
link   
reply to post by roadgravel

That's the one I saw today on Euronews.

It really looks like some vibration external to person making the video.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Wonder if the airline will instruct flight attendants to pass on dancing in the aisle requests in the future. I prefer that a plane is not asked to deal with anything more than it has too in flight.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 08:13 AM
link   
These planes aren't tested or designed for activity within the hull like this. This needs some serious investigation by the FAA. I don't think the flight crew even thought of this when they allowed the dancing. I see more people than the team up there dancing also. The only thing that needs to be done is to say no dancing on flights Plane halls are not designed to be dancehalls.

edit on 1-3-2013 by rickymouse because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Harlem Shake is just retarded... i watched it few times, and tried to "like it".. nope not happening...

It would never reach the viral status of Gangnam Style or anything of sort... imo, its pretty stupid. At least Gangnam style had a satire/funny video to go along with upbeat music.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 08:17 AM
link   

I don't think the flight crew even thought of this when they allowed the dancing
reply to post by rickymouse

That in itself would be a bit frightening. Maybe they are all engineers.

top topics

join