It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Christians/Muslims etc - Why do you believe that your God has more legitimacy than mine?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by HomoSapiensSapiens
reply to post by SupersonicSerpent

Ergo, Christianity is the true religion because it has the most followers?

edit on 2/28/2013 by HomoSapiensSapiens because: (no reason given)

Nope. It's the true religion because Jesus teaches how to live right. That is to treat others the way you would want to be treated. None of those other gods ever gave a damn about humans, partially because they never existed and partially because they were invented by men so that they could have an excuse to make war on other people and steal their sh*t, because thats why wars were fought back then, over recources and if you didn't have any then you took someone else's and those are all false gods of war. Jesus taught to love your enemies and your neighbors all the time, not just when it was convenient.

posted on Mar, 13 2013 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by HomoSapiensSapiens
So, Christians believe in God, the Trinity; Muslims in Allah.

However, if I were to tell such Christians and Muslims that I believed in All-Powerful Odin, I would be ridiculed and laughed at.

I ask this: why? Why is it that you believe that your God has more legitimacy than mine?

Is this not double standards of some kind?

Because, according to other posts you think God is a fabrication of ones mind.

Therefore your argument is not only baseless, it is pathetically ridiculous as well.

Your desire to disprove God rather than just ignore those than believe in him reveals what we all know. There is opposition, strong opposition. What would cause someone to be so vehemently opposed to something that does not exist....??!!.

And in doing so prove spiritual warfare in a dimension outside our own.

It makes me laugh so hard when people do this. Instead of trying to dissuade, you reinforce. Once again, if your world is based on human thought, your failing there as well !

new topics

<< 1  2   >>

join