It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who is "Yahweh", "Jesus", "Lucifer", and "Satan"? (Explaination Here)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 01:34 AM
link   
Yahweh is the god of israel
Do you understand what israel is?

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 03:02 AM
link   
The chaos is controlled. The freedom is controlled. Through the controller, you find freedom.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 03:03 AM
link   
reply to post by smithjustinb

By understanding that chaos/freedom is more powerful, you find freedom. The controller is in the illusion of power , but the controller is only creating an illusion of control/reality (maya)

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 03:05 AM
link   
reply to post by sacgamer25

Lol @ your first paragraph. Obviously, you have never seen the mating rituals of ducks.

Sex is natural, and however much you choose to have, is not bad.
edit on 1-3-2013 by smithjustinb because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 03:09 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

Turn the other cheek was actually meant to mean "be smarter" than your adversary.

In Jewish law, it was illegal to strike someone with the back of your hand. By offering the other cheek after being stricken you were offering them to break the law in the heat of the moment and get in trouble by striking you again with their knuckles.

It was all about defiance.

Jesus was a radical leader. He wasnt too concerned with the material world, no, his concern was the souls salvation. Similarly neither was the supposed Enki too concerned with the material world. He too offered the salvation of eternal life after death through his son Mardok. Supposedly the Egyptian rites of death and passage into the after life were taught by Mardok when he assumed control over the Egypt.

edit on 1-3-2013 by tadaman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 03:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Leuan

Originally posted by Leuan
Yahweh is the god of israel
Do you understand what israel is?

Yes, it is a nation. That happens to worship the ancient god Yahweh.

reply to post by tadaman

This is some interesting stuff. Enki is Lucifer, but there seems to be parallels between Jesus and Marduk.

But why would Jesus be telling them to trick them into getting into trouble if he says he believes in forgiving enemies (love enemy, bless those who curse you)?

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 04:44 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

he is saying to respect yourself and all that you are enough so as to not accept a bad situation.

He never said to be a masochist.....he said you should defend yourself but be smart about it.

If you dont respect yourself you cant respect others.

EDIT:
also about forgiving enemies, it is meant that once an enemy has made amends, dont hold a grudge. You should make peace if it is offered.

There are many phrases and concepts that are taught incorrectly by the post Vatican 2 church.

The phrase about Christ dying "so that sins could be forgiven for you and FOR MANY" was changed to "for you and for all".....the general sense before was that not everyone is going to make it because not everyone is going to try to make amends. The new thought is that once you say "I am sorry", that everything is all good.....you could just have killed everyone on earth, but if you say MY BAD....its all good.

No.

The new church is a watered down version of its former self. In all reality, most of what you have been taught about it by post Vatican 2 new age priests is crap.....

You forgive those that make amends and try to show repentance. Dont hold grudges. BUT make forgiveness MEAN SOMETHING.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 05:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by arpgme

By understanding that chaos/freedom is more powerful, you find freedom. The controller is in the illusion of power , but the controller is only creating an illusion of control/reality (maya)

Freedom has little to do with free will. When you know freedom, you realize that you are so free that not even you can control yourself.

Nothing can control something free. Not even the free one.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 05:44 AM
link   

But I am myself... And If I cannot control myself then that means another is. I want to do things naturally according to MY will not as a puppet to fulfill the will of another...

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 08:07 AM
link   

But I am myself... And If I cannot control myself then that means another is. I want to do things naturally according to MY will not as a puppet to fulfill the will of another...

You don't have control, nor are you under control. Therefore, you must be free, even from your own control. No one is controlling anything. There are only those that think they are and those that think others are. Neither are right. Everything is just happening and you exist.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 10:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by smithjustinb

Lol @ your first paragraph. Obviously, you have never seen the mating rituals of ducks.

Sex is natural, and however much you choose to have, is not bad.

How much sex you have is not bad. It is the type of sexual activities that you participate in that make sex bad. Sex outside of marriage, will become an addiction that controls you. You can justify it as natural all you want or you can take control of your sexuality and become one with something higher.

Let go of the lie, sex is not a requirement for happiness.

Sex is an intimate and passionate expression of one's love. There is no joy, no fullness, no oneness, and no love when sex is expressed in any other way. Sex for the sake of sex is empty, unrewarding, without love.
The fact that whatever source you choose to find sexual expression becomes your addiction to sex should be enough proof that we were designed to be in control of our sexual expression. The only, safe, fulfilling both emotionally and physically way to experience sex is in the context of marriage.

I see young men and women who have no idea how to love each other because they have become so consumed with the pursuit of the sexual relationship that they simply don't have any clue how to love. If these kids aren’t having sex they don't feel anything. Literally in order to have any real feelings some of the kids believe that sexual expression is the only way.

When sex has become the only way to feel anything in a relationship then love and the spirit our dead in you. Open your eyes, our oversexed society is not helping anyone. We have replaced pursuit of love with pursuit of wealth. And we have replaced pursuit of love with pursuit of sex. As long as we put most of our efforts into the pursuit of wealth and sex that is all we will find. Can we not see where this is heading and start pursuing love?

Let us pursue first what satisfies the spirit and then the flesh will also be satisfied. Is your God wealth and sex or love? Your God is whatever you pursue because you only pursue the things that are most important to you. If love is not your pursuit than you are not pursuing God.

edit on 1-3-2013 by sacgamer25 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by tadaman
reply to post by arpgme

Turn the other cheek was actually meant to mean "be smarter" than your adversary.

In Jewish law, it was illegal to strike someone with the back of your hand. By offering the other cheek after being stricken you were offering them to break the law in the heat of the moment and get in trouble by striking you again with their knuckles.

It was all about defiance.

Jesus was a radical leader. He wasnt too concerned with the material world, no, his concern was the souls salvation. Similarly neither was the supposed Enki too concerned with the material world. He too offered the salvation of eternal life after death through his son Mardok. Supposedly the Egyptian rites of death and passage into the after life were taught by Mardok when he assumed control over the Egypt.

I'm sorry the bible says God is love.

Love has no desire to be smarter than you. Love is the truth so to assume that love needed to gain wisdom is foolish. For the only true wisdom is found in love. The only wisdom that is of concern to your spirit is love. If the wisdom you obtain does not benefit love than discard the wisdom as rubbish. Only wisdom that has a benefit for love is worth obtaining.

Since love is the only objective, then "turn the other cheek", must literally mean "turn the other cheek".

Stop taking Jesus words and saying they mean something else. Just believe in EXACTLY what he said, and do EXACTLY what he said. If you can't turn the other cheek, you don't know love. Because love ALWAYS turns the other cheek to any and all opposition.

What happens today, tomorrow and everyday is God's will. Trust him you are his child and he loves you. He wouldn't have created you to love if he didn't love you himself. Do you think demon's were created to love? We are his children because we were the ones created to be like him. He is love, if we want to be like him we need to evolve to become love.

If you trust God and follow love than you know that everything in your way is an obstacle that you were designed to overcome. You were not designed to be a failure; you were designed to be like him. All sin, all obstacles can be overcome because God made us to become "like him".

How can you be "like him" if you keep taking away from his words by not believing exactly what they say?

Did Jesus ever not turn the other cheek? He allowed himself to be crucified. Maybe when he was throwing over the money tables in the church. So the only time "Jesus did not "turn the other cheek" was out of love for his father. Because thieves were working in the temple. They were sinning. He was angry with their sin and refused to turn the other cheek to the sin they had justified.

When you have justified your sin that is when you know you can never escape it. When we see someone has justified their sin, out of love, we are instructed not to turn the other cheek. But even in this circumstance if in the attempt to help our brother out of sin he refuses; The logic refutes back to step one, "turn the other cheek". Jesus tells his disciples dust off your feet and walk away.

Jesus message to "turn the other cheek", means to "turn the other cheek" to your own sin at all times. If your brother strikes you and you strike him back you have failed to love him you have sinned. If our brother is in sin then we should rebuke him. If our rebuke fails we are to "turn the other cheek", because God will be his judge not us.

I promise "turn the other cheek", while it may have other meanings, quite literally should be taken to mean "turn the other cheek". It is the foundation for the pursuit of love. Without it you cannot find love.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 11:06 AM
link   

You don't want to do the will of love, or obey the spirit of love? Why?

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by smithjustinb

You don't have control, nor are you under control. Therefore, you must be free, even from your own control. No one is controlling anything. There are only those that think they are and those that think others are. Neither are right. Everything is just happening and you exist.

I am most definitely an intelligent creation. The premise of intellegence is to obtain understanding so that we may make intelligent decisions. If there was no reason to make one decision over another as you say, because we are not in control, than intelligence is unnecessary.

But since I am intelligent, capable of making choices, I will choose to believe that it was done for a purpose.

Therefore I am, by my own power, bestowed on me by my creator capable of controlling my own decisions.
Anything less than this is chaos. And I see intelligence, often time misused and misplaced, but I do not see chaos.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Because I want to ME, not a clone of another entity/spirit.

I'm not going out to harm anyone whatsoever, but I am not serving "love" either.

Give me my free-will and I give you space to have yours - that is it.

If I do want to spread the love then it will be from my HEART a NATURAL LOVE , not out of "fear" or "obedience"...

I don't think it's possible that everything can just be "happening", without any control anywhere. If everything is just "happening" what about the laws of physics? That would mean that there is ORDER somewhere along the line so it can't be 100% chaotic ("just" happening).

Desire seems to be the movement. We cannot control the desire, but we can allow it by acting on it or not, but some we cannot even control if it urges with strong enough intensity, such as, for example, running away from a wild animal trying to eat you.
edit on 1-3-2013 by arpgme because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 11:15 AM
link   

nope-

I have asked several seminarians and priests and actually read up on it myself. There is a seminary in my home town down the street from my grade school. They were always around the school and church. We had several priest teachers, even in HS.

You can "new age me" all you want.

Love is an emotion, not the end all be all solution to the world or whatever a revisionist orgy could say it is.

Christ was about correctness as well. Was he all about "love" as he was whipping people and cussing as he expelled them out of the temple for making it into a market?

If you let someone abuse you then you are not honoring Gods creation by allowing it to be hurt. (you)

You should not be a masochist. What you propose is not what it means. I guarantee you, I have actually studied this. It means to protect yourself by being smarter than your adversaries. Not to use force and aggression. Not to fall into the trap of hate. To be smart when faced with confrontation. Not aggressive.

Forgiving your enemies means not holding grudges and being easy to make peace with. NOT to blindly forgive everyone regardless of their feeling remorse or not. THAT is what "forgive your enemies" means.

Jesus was a rebel. He was not the lovey dovey BS mouth piece everyone makes him out to be. He had a huge heart but wasnt a dumbass......supposedly.

EDIT:
This is exactly why I left the church. New Age BS that rewrites history and 2 thousand years worth of sound life teachings in favor of nonsense so as to make us docile and malleable for what ever cheap philosophies anyone can think of.

You wont have very many thinkers in that group I will tell you that right now. You also wont attract them spouting nonsense. Though, I think that is the point, isnt it.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Because I want to ME, not a clone of another entity/spirit.

I'm not going out to harm anyone whatsoever, but I am not serving "love" either.

Give me my free-will and I give you space to have yours - that is it.

If I do want to spread the love then it will be from my HEART a NATURAL LOVE , not out of "fear" or "obedience"...

I don't think it's possible that everything can just be "happening", without any control anywhere. If everything is just "happening" what about the laws of physics? That would mean that there is ORDER somewhere along the line so it can't be 100% chaotic ("just" happening).

Desire seems to be the movement. We cannot control the desire, but we can allow it by acting on it or not, but some we cannot even control if it urges with strong enough intensity, such as, for example, running away from a wild animal trying to eat you.
edit on 1-3-2013 by arpgme because: (no reason given)

But you are more powerful than your desire. You have already found the truth. You and your desire are not always at one. When you are not at one with your desire, overcome it. If you truly have it in your heart not to hurt anyone else than anything that is against that is desire at work in you. Since you can see that you want to love but desire wants something else you can now separate yourself from desire.

The bible says you must overcome the sin at work in you. Meaning that sinful desire is somehow a part of you but also a part that is not part of the more perfect spiritual you. The goal is to allow the spirit to defeat the desire. The promise in the bible is that no sinful desire will come to you that your spirit is not capable of defeating.

So when your desire is aligned with your spirit you are to act on it without hesitation because it is a desire that leads to love. God is love so your desire will lead you to him if you follow it.

When your desire is not aligned with your spirit the desire should be considered sin and defeated.

You should control your desire; your desire should not control you. You have the power.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 12:54 PM
link   

I guess I feel like... if I can not go with my desires then I am not being the human individual that I was born to be. I want a human experience.

But yes, I do have a moral code I guess and if any desire conflicts with the free-will of another being then I will not attempt it.

So, I guess you are right that I am controlling my desires to an extent, but only to the point where it is necessary. If I believe that people should be able to do whatever they want - then I there needs to be some order to keep thing from conflicting like respecting everyone else's free-will.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 01:15 PM
link   

I guess I feel like... if I can not go with my desires then I am not being the human individual that I was born to be. I want a human experience.

But yes, I do have a moral code I guess and if any desire conflicts with the free-will of another being then I will not attempt it.

So, I guess you are right that I am controlling my desires to an extent, but only to the point where it is necessary. If I believe that people should be able to do whatever they want - then I there needs to be some order to keep thing from conflicting like respecting everyone else's free-will.

You know if you understand that than you understand the whole point of the bible. Not really much more to learn now it is just time to do. If you can truly see this and apply it an understanding will come to you. So expect it because it has been promised to anyone who can get to the point you are at and applies it.

You believe in respecting the free will of others, now have faith and actually do it. Crazy but that is all the book says. And if you do, love itself promises to reveal itself to you completely. The bible calls the point of the reveal being born again. So if you respect the free will of others you have obeyed loved.

There is nothing more for you to do or study. Anything else I present could be a stumbling block. You have everything you need to find love.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by tadaman

The son of God Jesus Christ believed in "turn the other cheek". He went to his grave on a cross because the message was so profound that he wanted to prove that he believed in it so much that he was willing to sacrifice his life for it.

There is only one reason to sacrifice one's life. In subordination to love.

You live in a world where you fear everyone. Meaning that everyone has influence on your life. You believe that other people have power over you. I believe that everything always was and always will be God's will.

God did let everything happen that has ever happened. I am sorry that some of us do not like this but I will not apologize for God. Because to apologize for God would be to pass judgment on him. And in my opinion, being as naive and humble as I am I accept God's wisdom as greater than my own. So when his wisdom seems to conflict with my views I simply step back and let God be God.

Jesus told the men they had no power over him that was not given to them by God and I make the same claim. No one has power over me accept God. Everything is done according to his will, because in his foreknowledge he was able to place us all in the exact place at the exact time to learn exactly what he intended us to learn. Some of the lesson really are confusing I admit, but it is all God, because God created it all.

Jesus died on the cross to prove "turn the other cheek". To prove to us that if we would turn the other cheek that we too would be resurrected because he did God's will and believed in God's will.

Since you don't believe God's will on earth will be done in heaven as it is on earth, you continue to fear that the free will of others will impose on your own free will. So you defend yourself (by retaliating) against them. If you truly understood God's will than you could stop retaliating, because you could accept that the situation you are in is God's will and if you "turn the other cheek", the outcome will be God's will. If you retaliate the outcome will still be God's will but only one of the choices is love.

You reap what you sow. If you "turn the other cheek" you sow love, you reap love. If you retaliate you sow retaliation you reap a fight.

Your philosophy leads to a fight, mine leads to love.

John 1:4-8 8 Whoever does not love does not know God, because "GOD IS LOVE".

Since God is love the only path that he can be found on is the path that leads to love. You can continue to walk down the path that leads to a fight because you believe someone who appeared to have all the answers, because they were being payed to do a book review on the same book every week. Or you can walk down the path that leads to love.

Who is pursing love, the one who engages in a fight or the one who turns away from it and trust in God instead?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join