It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Crossroad

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 03:58 AM
link   
It seemed like an eternity had passed before you arrived at The Crossroad. The obstacles and challenges you overcame to get here had once seemed insurmountable. Yet, here you are. You attained knowledge along the way and felt better for the experience. There were tough times, but there were also magical moments that will be forever cemented in your mind.

You said the last incarnation would be your last, but you find it difficult to shake off the temptation to do it all again. The wonder, excitement and intrigue of the experience seems too powerful to ignore. Perhaps there was more you could pick up along the way. Maybe you can reunite with another Spirit from a previous incarnation and experience their perspective.

Then you remember the hardships. The pain and suffering of other Souls you had to witness. The disappointments and failures you had to endure. The uncertainty of not knowing the meaning or purpose of your existence while in the experience. The sadness you felt when losing somebody or something you were very attached to. The journey itself was nothing short of arduous.

It's time to weigh up your thoughts and feelings and make a decision.

What if when we die, we are faced with whether to reincarnate into another human experience or simply exist in the spiritual realm? Would you choose mystery over contentedness?

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 06:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dark Ghost
What if when we die, we are faced with whether to reincarnate into another human experience or simply exist in the spiritual realm? Would you choose mystery over contentedness?

That is a good question and one that I find myself contemplating quite frequently.
I still have no answer. I have days where i'm sick of this life and I want to go to the next 'stage' and days where I want to give it another go.
I won't know until the time comes and i'm given the choice. If we get the choice that is...

Would we get to choose who and where or would it be a lucky dip?

Sometimes I think we're allowed to see what we will become before hand and then as we enter the world we forget and at the end of our life, we're shown where we went wrong etc.

One thing is certain and that is we won't know for sure until we have passed on.
edit on 28/2/2013 by SilentE because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 06:59 AM
link   
Any sane person who had been through the things I've been through would say, "Nope, no way. I'm not down for another round," and would choose to retire to the spiritual plane.

I must not be sane...because despite how bad the world is and how bad the things I've been through were, despite the fact that retiring to the spiritual plane would be bliss compared to life on this Earth...I would still choose to come back and give it another shot.

I can never learn enough, experience enough, grow enough. There is no limit, no glass ceiling...I will never know enough to be happy, I will always need more and more. if I could live for a thousand years just to watch and learn, I would.

Again, I must be crazy...

Oh, well.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 03:58 PM
link   
I don't know. Our base spiritual core remains, so in times of importance, I can see signing up for another round.

It's why I signed up this time around.

Peace,
Cirque

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 10:26 PM
link   
There is no way I would wish to come back. This world is too horrible a place for me. No thanks!

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Dark Ghost

I am not happy about my answer really, still I must be honest. For me being here was a choice, work off some karma, help with a few projects, make a difference. When your in the choice spot, it is like watching a movie, no actual physical feelings to go along with the images, so it seems innocent enough to say sure. Then, as you have described, the rubber meets the road. I can remember being angry for years as a child, not wanting to be here. Later I had to accept that indeed I had chosen it. Seems I am some sort of sucker.

Being here and asked, I would say no, I don't want to come back, I am weary and sick to death of the repetition. However even now, here, I am a dedicated metaphysical cliff jumper, so asked there, more than likely I will say yes. Fool that I am.

I love the earth itself. So beautiful, so full of things that delight the senses. Hard to pass that up.
edit on 28-2-2013 by Iamschist because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Anybody remember their choice last time? I mean the moment it was made.

The reason I'm asking is because I have little theory of how that decision may be manipulated to have you choose another incarnation.

top topics

join