It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea warns that US is within range of its missile

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 05:22 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Such North Korean threats are for the purpose of getting AID. Aid that it desperately needs given that the majority of it's resourses are used for the Military.

North Korea is not under any illusions that it can take on the current U.S. Military...but it will say so time and again as a way to show it's people it's Leaders are strong...strong enough to destroy any possible public uprising.

The North could do considerable short term damage to the South given Seoul's proximity to the DMZ and North Korean Artilary...still...this would be VERY short lived as fixed emplacements are a testament to the Norths Military stupidity of planning.

The North could rapidly invade with numerous troops but U.S. Military plans call for a rapid response of USAF saturation bombing as well as New Non-Nuclear EMP's that would be air dropped rendering all North Korean Mechanised Forces innert.

Split Infinity

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 05:34 AM
link   
reply to post by trollz

Originally posted by trollz

Originally posted by Adaluncatif

Originally posted by sonnny1
reply to post by Rodinus

North Korea could have fuel for 48 nuclear weapons by 2015 North Korea will have been able to build as many as 48 nuclear weapons by 2015 unless the international community is able to make sanctions already imposed on the regime work.

link

The problem?

North Korea continues to boast that it has the capabilities to reach America. Why boast? What good does it do?

So they have the ability to kill people, in mass amounts? Bravo North Korea.

It's called deterrence. The US wouldn't think to orchestrate regime change in North Korea unless they want to lose Washington, New York, Chicago, Atlanta, Miami, Los Angeles, San Diego, San Francisco, Las Vegas, Philadelphia, Boston, Pittsburgh, Detroit, Cincinnati, etc.

Deterrence? Not really, I'm sure the US military could easily pound them to oblivion before they even had an opportunity to react. IF North Korea launched missiles at us it'd be THEIR end, not ours.

True. But remember its the US that is saying it is this reason precisely why that they are engaged in disarming the DPRK leadership. "They could potentially hit the Western United States" is the argument used by the Americans for pursuing a leadership change in NK and to counter Chinese influence.

The Chinese are aware that control of the Northern peninsula means access to China, the Chinese obviously, will not let this happen.

Besides if they really are led by a crazy zealot in Kim Jong-un he could always use short range missiles or a manual detonation and wipe out the entire peninsula before the US have a chance to react. Killing many US marines stationed in South Korea and ensuring M.A.D. or mutually assured destruction... Oh and starting a new WW.

A bleak, last resort stand but its like if Hitler achieved the nuke in WW2 (which he was very close, they did build the worlds first reactor) would Hitler have used it on the Allies encroaching on Berlin as a last resort and last stand?

I think if he had the means to do so, he might've. Glad he did not but that is the entire point of using nuclear weapons as a deterrence.

If Hitler had them pre- D-Day there would've been less likely an allied invasion based on the premise that Hitler had a nuke. The allies would've completely postponed the invasion or thought of a new approach. Having nukes, especially short range the most rudimentary launch capability, can alter the geopolitical and military game in a theater of war in the flash of an instant.

My by how the slightest change in events, the entire course of world history can be influenced. Incredible.
The main reason DPRK uses them as they do, is because of a nuclear deterrence, counter invasion strategy.

You're right, saying if they use them they will be pounded by US forces. Which is why I doubt they ever will use it. Remember though, half the game in this arena is sabre rattling and threats. Its been going on before I was born and will probably continue after I'm gone.

The looming threat of brutal force is sometimes worse than the use of force or at least makes it worse. It keeps the enemy guessing as to its true intentions and makes them come up with more creative ways to undermine the nuclear strategies of target countries (like Iran and the whole Stuxnet, Flame fiasco)
Its the only thing that keeps the military in control of NK. I believe so anyway

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 05:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by WormwoodSquirm
Interesting. The Axis of evil speech, remember that? Iraq, Iran and NK. Iraq is finished, Iran is surrounded and the NK are about to get it.
That speech was written by the ppl in control not by Bush. They placed it in his speech so it would be no surprise who the enemies of the powers that be are and when they get a head stomping. This is their long term plan and no matter who is President I dont think they will be dumping that plan. It appears they are full steam ahead to rid the world of these so called "evil doers".
Edit to add: Also aren't these the only countries left on the planet other than Cuba without a Rothschild controlled central banking system? Hmmm
edit on 27-2-2013 by WormwoodSquirm because: (no reason given)

Those of us old enough to remember, know this all started when the poster boy for the left was in office. Bill (cigar boy) Clinton.
AKA Slick Willie
edit on 27-2-2013 by rockymcgilicutty because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 05:48 AM
link   
Well Dennis Rodman is over there so maybe he can work things out. If they can reach the US they probably couyld reach Mexico. Hummm imagine the problems that could solve

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 05:54 AM
link   
NK mouthing off again.

While NK are going on about the range of their missiles, someone should remind weirdo podgey boy over there, that NK are in range of considerably more and higher technology missiles than they have.

It's all very well having a massive Army in terms of personnel, until it's taken out in seconds by a few well aimed tactical missiles.

The moment they launch anything other than a firework at the West, will be their end. However nutty they are, they are well aware of that fact.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 06:07 AM
link   
I think this sums up what Kim Jong-Un needs to watch after saying in January :

"Settling accounts with the U.S. needs to be done with force, not with words as it regards jungle law as the rule of its survival." :

Watch out for that tree Kim Jong!

Kindest respects

Rodinus
edit on 27-2-2013 by Rodinus because: phrase added

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Ofcourse they're learning the political tactics/blabbermouthing from their new buddy...IRAN

North Korea- Iran: A Japanese news outlet has reported that Iranian scientists were likely present when North Korea conducted nuclear test on 12 February, according to an unidentified Western source.

The source reported that last November Iranian authorities approved a proposal to ask North Korea for permission to observe and paid for it in Chinese Yuan.

SOURCE

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by hp1229
Ofcourse they're learning the political tactics/blabbermouthing from their new buddy...IRAN

North Korea- Iran: A Japanese news outlet has reported that Iranian scientists were likely present when North Korea conducted nuclear test on 12 February, according to an unidentified Western source.

The source reported that last November Iranian authorities approved a proposal to ask North Korea for permission to observe and paid for it in Chinese Yuan.

SOURCE

I think it was reported that Iranian scientists were at the previous NK tests as well.

Something that's not really talked about (but I think is very important) is that NK and Iran will almost certainly have come up with a plan for if one of them is attacked. If NK is attacked then Iran will do something highly provocative (test a nuke, for example) so that the US has to divert its attention - and possible military resources - to another location. If Iran gets bombed then NK might shell a disputed Island or launch a missile towards Japan. It would be very hard for the US to fight both, and even more of a worry would be each area collapsing into a regional war.

The US invented this - so called - Axis of Evil, and now indeed NK and Iran are plotting together.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 12:26 PM
link   
North Korea deserves one response....

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 12:47 PM
link   
I am glad saner heads prevail in Washington and Seoul.

This is nothing more than provocation for the west and s.korea to launch the critical attack FIIRST

Whomever launches first will lose humankind best opinions and will lose in the propaganda war of hearts and minds. Baby Kim and his handlers had underestimated the intelligence of the free world. They and their dependent chess player apostate leader Khameni aint the only ones who can play chess. Many more of mankind do.

But make no mistake - the insane folks in N.Korea WILL ATTACK, even if it means using false flag incidents. Thus the free world best be VERY cautious and vigilant over such incidents, but to INVESTIGATE first before firing. In our modern world of computers and satellites, such investigations take only minutes if not seconds before the need to fire in defense.

And MAY the usually STUPID UN and Human Rights Council NOT be fooled into supporting N.Korea with such false falg incidents by N.Korea.

N.Korea is deep sh*t now, with starvation and worse, upon the military which the insane leaders rely on to stay in power. When even the military starves, it is good bye to Baby Kim and gang.

Sit back, relax and wait for the fireworks, and standby some spare cash, if any, to help the civilians, whom are the ones whom will suffer in any conflict, on ALL sides.

edit on 27-2-2013 by SeekerofTruth101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 12:51 PM
link   
North Korea will need to ask their mummies first..ie..China...and i dont think China will take to kindly to firing a Nuke at 1/3rd of there own property...

North Korea is China's Bitch as south Korea is America's .....

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 01:04 PM
link   
South Korea is an independent sovereign nation and a member of the UN whom observes the rule of law. S.Korea stands on it own and had succeeded, benefitted politically economically with the rest of world's adherence to the rule of law in our civilised world of higher species.

States such as China, Russia, Iran , and N.Korea cares nothing for rule of law, except whatever law that the dictator mouth on the morning upon waking up.

Bitch is a term use for female dogs, and dogs are domesticated, an unthinking and incapable of rationality lower species. Using it upon the leaders of the tyrannical world such as N.Korea or Iran is an insult to dogs.

Countries like China, Russia, Iran, N.Korea ruled by their leaders are not 'bitches', just simply wild barbaric beasts that needs to be tamed and taught so that they may live in peace with the rest of world and respect the rule of international law, or their own citizens whom are only our fellow human brothers and sisters enmassed, will teach it to them.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 01:05 PM
link   
NK is the little trouble making step child that keeps tugging at your pant leg, "look at me"!.

edit on 27-2-2013 by camaro68ss because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soloprotocol
North Korea will need to ask their mummies first..ie..China...and i dont think China will take to kindly to firing a Nuke at 1/3rd of there own property...
North Korea is China's Bitch as south Korea is America's .....
Supposedly they're (china) the ones who leaked the information about the tests to the interested parties (West, EU etc etc)

edit on 27-2-2013 by hp1229 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 01:59 PM
link   
If the US runs out of fear, the US military money is at risk. That will not be allowed to happen. The US is built on that model.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 04:02 PM
link   
I wouldn't worry about their missiles unless I was on their beach.

I would be VERY surprised if they lobbed one our way and it made it anywhere near the mainland.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeekerofTruth101
South Korea is an independent sovereign nation and a member of the UN whom observes the rule of law. S.Korea stands on it own and had succeeded, benefitted politically economically with the rest of world's adherence to the rule of law in our civilised world of higher species.

States such as China, Russia, Iran , and N.Korea cares nothing for rule of law, except whatever law that the dictator mouth on the morning upon waking up.

Bitch is a term use for female dogs, and dogs are domesticated, an unthinking and incapable of rationality lower species. Using it upon the leaders of the tyrannical world such as N.Korea or Iran is an insult to dogs.

Countries like China, Russia, Iran, N.Korea ruled by their leaders are not 'bitches', just simply wild barbaric beasts that needs to be tamed and taught so that they may live in peace with the rest of world and respect the rule of international law, or their own citizens whom are only our fellow human brothers and sisters enmassed, will teach it to them.

Well...

That certainly is one OPINION. Does not make it any truer than mine however. I pretty much disagree with every single word in that post which is new for me.

But carry on
Agree to disagree

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 05:52 PM
link   
And the moon is within range of US missiles whats your point?

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 04:12 AM
link   

SEOUL, Feb. 28 (Yonhap) -- North Korea ratcheted up warnings on Thursday as South Korea is set to hold annual joint military drills with the United States next month.

The Korean Central News Agency (KCNA) dispatch which is monitored in Seoul said that "the black cloud of a nuclear war is coming," and warned any provocations against the North will lead to the self-destruction of the aggressor.

- Source

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 04:32 AM
link   
Seems NK is making threats to nations that are threats to it, don't see anything wrong here, its letting them know that you try something and I will launch nukes. Don't really know how nukes work when shot at, but shooting them down on their way to the US will cause some issues with the countries/islands near by.

I would like to point out that as a country away from any danger the US likes to purposely put itself in danger. I guess you have to actually go somewhere were they can touch you so you can claim freedoms threatened.

<< 1    3 >>

join