It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Liberal Super PAC Sends Racist Tweet About Mitch McConnell’s Chinese Wife

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

So..attacking a foreign corporate economic model is now racist?

No. That's absurd.

I see a racist connotation in the tweet.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kali74

No. That's absurd.

I will stand by you here Kali. I think sweeping the connotation under the rug will only hurt, rather than actually point out the facts (as ATSers have done). But that wasn't the point of the tweet. The point was to connect McConnell to the Chinese and, oh by the way guess who has his ear? His Chinese wife! The whole tweet was based on not trying to point out facts but rile up the base.

Kudos Kali for standing strong. Come on people, step out of your predetermined boxes of ideology and see that you are being played by these sycophants!
edit on 27-2-2013 by ownbestenemy because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 07:34 PM
link   

No. That's absurd.

Of course, It's a Liberals job to find racism in EVERYTHING.... BTW your job performance is outstanding!

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by ownbestenemy

No. That's absurd.

I will stand by you here Kali. I think sweeping the connotation under the rug will only hurt, rather than actually point out the facts (as ATSers have done). But that wasn't the point of the tweet. The point was to connect McConnell to the Chinese and, oh by the way guess who has his ear? His Chinese wife! The whole tweet was based on not trying to point out facts but rile up the base.

Kudos Kali for standing strong. Come on people, step out of your predetermined boxes of ideology and see that you are being played by these sycophants!
edit on 27-2-2013 by ownbestenemy because: (no reason given)

If the Russians were taking the jobs, and Mitch had a Russian wife, you could then suggest that saying that he potentially is compromised because of his wife...is that racist also?

What is a Chinese person? what color? What is a Russian? What is an American?
We have more diversity in the west, but a nation is not a race..a nation is a nation..its land and a government.

If someone starts making "ching chong wing wong" comments, then ya..that's racist as it attacks a stereotype
There is not much difference between a Chinese person and a Korean..if Mitch's wife was Korean, that comment wouldn't have been made..because Korea is fine (well, the southern bit anyhow).

I still stand that the comment is unacceptable. It is McCarthyism (Chinese spys everywhere)..and should be boo'ed...but I am simply not seeing racism here as it is attacking a economic policy.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX
I still stand that the comment is unacceptable. It is McCarthyism (Chinese spys everywhere)..and should be boo'ed...but I am simply not seeing racism here as it is attacking a economic policy.

As seen in my previous posts I agree....it was the connotation, the perception and regardless of which side of the political spectrum we reside, such hit-and-run pieces, where no information is actually presented but only a "suggestion" should not be cheered and we, as a free society should demand more.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Well, this is certainly an interesting tweet. If this is the extent of the tweet

This woman has the ear of @mcconnellpress — she’s his #wife.May explain why your job moved to #China!

then I could see how it could be interpreted as Chinese wife=shipping jobs to China, but Chao was from Taiwan, not China, so the lame (stereotyping) attempt at making a statement was lame.

However, if the tweet included this part, as in the source it seemed to, unless I'm reading it wrongly,

rense.com/general77/raci…

then, no, the explanation for jobs moving to China has to do with Chao's words and not her race. IOW if Chao is representative of American employers, then little wonder they turn elsewhere for labor.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join