It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Heroes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 03:22 PM
link   
There it is something we must never forget and they are the Heroes.

www.redbubble.com...

And heroes are represented in history by statues or by memorials.

They can be for the heroes of an war.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

The unveiling of the Colorado-made statue of Major Dick Winters was one of many events marking the 68th anniversary of D-Day, the Allied operation that paved the way for the end of the war. The 12ft-tall bronze statue in the Normandy village of Sainte-Marie-du-Mont shows Major Winters, played by English actor Damien Lewis in the acclaimed miniseries, with his weapon at the ready. Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk... xzz2M2cLyU9l Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

www.dailymail.co.uk...
or heroes that they given their life in the name of science

en.wikipedia.org...

A statue of Faraday stands in Savoy Place, London, outside the Institution of Engineering and Technology. Also in London, the Michael Faraday Memorial, designed by brutalist architect Rodney Gordon and completed in 1961, is at the Elephant & Castle gyratory system, near Faraday's birthplace at Newington Butts. Faraday School is located on Trinity Buoy Wharf where his workshop still stands above the Chain and Buoy Store, next to London's only lighthouse.[47] Faraday Gardens is a small park in Walworth, London, not far from his birthplace at Newington Butts. This park lies within the local council ward of Faraday in the London Borough of Southwark. Michael Faraday Primary school is situated on the Aylesbury Estate in Walworth.[48]

en.wikipedia.org...

or to build something majestuos for the good of the people

members.virtualtourist.com...

They Died to Make the Desert Bloom The United States of America will continue to remember that many who toiled here found their final rest while engaged in the building of this dam. The United States of America will continue to remember the services of all who labored to clothe with substance the plans of those who first visioned the building of this dam.

members.virtualtourist.com...

or they were innocent victims of a vicious attack

peace.maripo.com...

2009 - Memorial to the victims of the 9-11 attacks, Emek ha'arazim / Cedars Valley, Arazim Forest, Ramot, Jerusalem (Israel). "The only monument outside of New York which lists the names of all those who died in the attacks; five Israelis were among those killed. Depicts a waving American flag which changes into a [sculpted?] memorial flame. 30-feet high, with a piece of the original twin towers in its base. Designed by sculptor Eliezer Weishoff."

peace.maripo.com...

or for the sake of sport

gforcef1.wordpress.com...

In 1972, the car was not up to standard. Ronnie only finished 9th overall in the championship. Outside of F1, he took second places in the 24 Hours of Daytona, 12 Hours of Sebring, 6 Hours of Watkins Glen, and BOAC 100km at Brands Hatch. He raced in 10 races in Formula 2, and took 2 victories. However, he couldn’t fight for the title, as he had scored points in F1 that year.

gforcef1.wordpress.com...

and for many many things.

Can you give an example of your favorite statue that impresses you because it represent your heroes?
edit on 26-2-2013 by piequal3because14 because: vid replaced

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by piequal3because14

Heroes to me are people who ignore the mainstream opinion about something, discards the current dogma, choose their own way completely, and end up accomplishing something groundbreaking that advances humanity in some massive way or sheds light on controversial subjects.

People like Albert Einstein, Nikola Tesla, Julian Assange, Socrates, Galileo all fit into this category.

The most important thing is to discard the current dogmatic beliefs and "go against the stream", it seems, if you want to accomplish something truly groundbreaking.

A fallen soldier can never be a hero, he was only a tool for the rich, a fool deluded by propaganda and vested interests to fight someone elses war, paying with his own life. If all soldiers refused to go to war, there would be no wars at all. That is the only way the soldiers could become heroes. For ending the wars before they begun.
edit on 26-2-2013 by NeoVain because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by NeoVain

People like Albert Einstein, Nikola Tesla, Julian Assange, Socrates, Galileo all fit into this category.
Yes NeoVain you are right about that but I was referring to statues of Heroes that in a way or the other died for something good to be remembered.

A fallen soldier can never be a hero, he was only a tool for the rich, a fool deluded by propaganda and vested interests to fight someone elses war, paying with his own life. If all soldiers refused to go to war, there would be no wars at all. That is the only way the soldiers could become heroes. For ending the wars before they begun.
A fallen soldier must be remebered as a Hero because he died for his country to live in the future therefore each soldier that has lost his life in a battle should have a statue.

Yes wars must end before they begin.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Personally, thanks to the mainstream media, I think that the word "hero" is way overused, and by doing so, it cheapens the original meaning.

To me, most true heroes don't get statues. They are people who have stood up, usually alone, against intense and overwhelming opposition. They are people who saw a dreadful wrong and tried to right it, and typically are run over by the juggernaut they were fighting.

Often their names are lost in the dust of history, their graves forgotten and untended.

For every right we take for granted, for every bit of justice we still enjoy, there are probably hundreds of unsung heroes who fought, and often died, to give these to us.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by FissionSurplus

To me, most true heroes don't get statues. They are people who have stood up, usually alone, against intense and overwhelming opposition. They are people who saw a dreadful wrong and tried to right it, and typically are run over by the juggernaut they were fighting.
I understand the meaning of your words FissionSurplus but still the statue of one Hero can represent a symbol for all the Heroes of the same war and not only to be remembered in time but to be remembered by Time.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 04:14 PM
link   
It seems like many heroes die young, well not all of them, but just look at Bill Hicks and Eyedea. Bill Hicks at 32 and Eyedea at 28.

Apparently Eyedea wrote these lyrics when he was in Junior High. If that is all true, then my god, formulating conspiracies and these ideas when your 9-10?! Jesus. Well anyway, here's the song.

This song struck out for me, I could almost relate to every line of the lyrics.

Here's some of his newer stuff.

Easily one of the best artists I have heard in years, though, I just started listening to Mahler.

And Bill Hicks of course.

Could you imagine Bill Hicks comedy if he didn't die so young. Look how Carlin progressed for Christ Sakes! God damnit it's always the good ones that die young! Same with eyedea.

Well anyway.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by piequal3because14

I like the idea of the Animals in war memorial in England.

Recognition for the animals

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Does he count?

and in all seriousness, I think there should be a statue for every veteran
even a little statue could do good too.
just for the victim's family
edit on 26-2-2013 by Casualboy100 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by TheDoctor46

Recognition for the animals
You are perfectly right because without them we wouldn't exist.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Kang69

Could you imagine Bill Hicks comedy if he didn't die so young. Look how Carlin progressed for Christ Sakes! God damnit it's always the good ones that die young! Same with eyedea.
This is the most important thing to be remembered because I guess that this is the only thing which would make them happy ...the fact that you care for them.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Casualboy100

and in all seriousness, I think there should be a statue for every veteran even a little statue could do good too. just for the victim's family
Yes even a little statue would be something for a Heart from the Hearts.

because when they died I guess the words were....

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 04:40 PM
link   
This guy doesn't have a statue, he doesn't even have a name but this image is burned in my memory.

Wiki- Tankman
edit on 26-2-2013 by Severin because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Severin

This guy doesn't have a statue
"Oh look very carefully because He is the Statue."

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Heroic art is one of the most troublesome art forms. The Soviets came most close to perfecting it. Their near-baroque expression is actually really good.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 04:26 AM
link   
reply to post by YetSharkproof

Heroic art is one of the most troublesome art forms
The symbol of supreme sacrifice is meant to remember first those who made the sacrifice and second the object of sacrifice.

new topics

top topics

join