It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Democrats Worried In Ohio ....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 08:26 AM
link   
I think they are. With Ohio being the political battle ground that it is....

I live in NW Ohio.

Yesterday I had to run out for a while, about 6-7 hours to be exact and when I got home last night, checked the answering machine for messages and what do you think I had ?

8 - count them... 8 messages all from the Democratic Party, reminding me to vote on Tuesday.

8 messages telling me that Mr. Kerry is the man for the job.

8 messages letting me know that my vote is that important and that I shouldn't forget to vote on Tuesday.

8 messages, asking me to remind my friends, neighbors and relatives to vote on Tuesday, on to oh yes, vote Democrat....

Now, of these 8 messages that I received.. my oh my, the people leaving the messages... 2 or 3 of them, you could barely understand what they were saying, a couple of them, couldn't pronounce words, some of them had so much background noise that it made it hard to conentrate on what they were saying.... just very poor telemarketing in my opinion....

Want to hear the best part of all of this...

I have not been contacted, by mail, phone, door to door, etc,, not one time by anyone from the Republican Party.......

Hmmmm, I wonder who is really worried about "winning" in Ohio !

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 08:30 AM
link   
by the way.... this belongs in the Politics and Scandals forum..... accidentally put it here...

asked a mod to move it...

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Guess you jinxed Kerry now, he will lose Ohio OMG!

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 08:44 AM
link   
I dunno, I think 8 calls is quite the extreme, but it's a reallyimportant swing state.

Also, the electoral vote predictor (which I don't exactly trust because it changes it's predictions so extremely every day) has Ohio at Bush 46%, Kerry 45%. So who knows which way it'll go.

Strangely around here in TN there seems to be quite the opposite. We've had a few visits from Bush volunteers this week, which is weird because Tennessee always goes strongly republican.

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 09:14 AM
link   
I'm almost feeling neglected! I'm in California and have not had one phone call from anyone except Arnold telling me to come to a Rally. No one has called to get my opinion for a poll, no one has called to tell me to vote on Tuesday, nothing! I guess since Cali always goes Democratic they don't want to waste their time on a household that has one registered Republican and one registered Independant. Boooohoooohoooo.

Of course, on the other hand, at least I'm not getting 8 calls on my voice mail when I leave the house.

Jemison

posted on Oct, 31 2004 @ 09:41 AM
link   
I live in Ohio and Kerry almost got a vote for me yesterday cause the Bush crew came up knocking on my door which woke up my dogs which in turn woke up my son. All this while I'm fighting off a nasty bug. If anyone called me 8 times I would have had a fit.

top topics

join