It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How can magnetic/gravitational fields be measured or detected in the atmosphere ?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Mods please move this if you think it should be somewhere else.

Thinking about craft which are powered by magnetic/gravitational flux changes.

I have been wondering if there is any way to detect or measure ATMOSPHERIC magnetic or gravitational fields. If there is, it seems like an ideal way to detect incoming or outgoing craft and would give us more evidence of this technology being used around Earth's fly zones.

It seems more and more likely that various world goverments have this technology or at least, if they dont, then the aliens probably have it so either way, it would be an excellent project.

The problem is - we need to know how this detecting can be done, so if anyone has any information on this or skills in this area it would be really useful. (something like detecting the Hall effect but magnified 1000x ?)

ATS user xpoq47 has a somewhat very similar project in this thread
which uses cameras to visually detect craft. He has written a program to gather evidence which can then be verified by information from the aircraft authorities using ground radar and to file FOI requests from the public records.

This is in no way trying to steal his thunder for that project, and I hope he does not consider it so. I think that every kind of evidence we can collect is useful to combat the people trying to tell us that there are no such things as UFOs, or aliens.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Here you go. Take your pick.
www.geometrics.com...

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 04:07 PM
link   
A good hall probe with a data logger mounted on some craft of choice would work. issue is that any magnetic item within the craft that is magnetic would give you a constant offset.

You can pick up 3 axis magnetometers that are about 1inch long 1/2 inch wide cylinders for reasonable amounts. We have one monitoring the magnetic field in our lab (to test the device for deployment in our experiment) and it is sensitive enough to detect people turning wrenches while we build experiments.

As for the ultimate goal I will just say good luck, it will be interesting data, though I do suspect you will face big challenges to detect anything other than magnetic structures in the ground or from passing airplanes unless you get really really really high.

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 02:41 AM
link   
OK, thanks for the help.

In my ignorance of this science, I was hoping a ground-based setup with a couple of aerials(or whatever they use) to detect a direction and a third position to give a more accuracy would have sorted it - as well as the computer programming to work it all out of course. If I have to fly about the sky searching for these craft whizzing in and out of our atmosphere, it becomes a little more than I can manage.

So, ErosA433, I am interested in your experiences. Is it possible to directionally detect this stuff with some kind of aerial or long magnet or something? I need to point it up at an area of the sky really, dont I?

Just trying to get a few ideas of what may be possible and what is not, due to the nature of the detection system etc.

I have a feeling that this kind of thing is done by military or HAARP or at a governmental level and not by Joe in his back yard, but you never know I suppose. Many inventions have been discovered in garages.

As a way-out idea how about hooking up a cloudbuster array to one of these things and pointing it at an area of sky?

posted on Feb, 27 2013 @ 08:48 PM
link   
My experience in this is just as an experimental particle physicist, our experiment is sensitive to magnetic fields and so we have a compensation coil and 3 axis magnetometers to detect the fields. The thing about fields is that they are not like light, they are probable only at the location you have the probe, unless they are very large and can have polarizing effects on radio waves. How this manifests would require some calculations to see if it would be detectable via radio... though my thought is that it would not be without a very very large radio array.

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 01:45 AM
link   
OK, I think maybe Joe and his garage inventions maybe out of his league trying to find these craft with conventional magnetic or gravitation field detection systems.

What we need is a new detection system which is not dependent of throwing money at the problem but of course, that always helps get there faster. Time to tap the vast collective consciousness.

Thanks for all the help.

top topics

join