It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have you ever had an experience that changed your mind about Reincarnation??

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Well, keep in mind reincarnation would be pretty cool overall..especially if it is choice driven verses just auto-slammed into a random body.

But since we are discussing this, then it is also important to consider the "Akashic records" or whatever...the repository of information from all time.

If you suggest that you remember your past life, you shouldn't immediately jump to reincarnation as the answer...rather...it could be a situation where you simply tapped into the memories of someone else previously through some psychic link (altering some minor bits to make it more personal for you).

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by yeahright

Nice. I'll see if the local library has a copy next time I go. Thanks for the recommendation.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

Well, I am not really saying "Hey, this weird experience happened to me and it HAS to be reincarnation." I guess it can be something like what you suggest above but its just such a personal feeling that it does not feel like it comes from someone else. I don't know. Its hard to put some emotions into words. I guess I have always been pretty dismissive of the notion until then. Now I think maybe there is something to it. It does sort of make sense in a weird way when you think of it. When I reflect on my life and some of the choices I have made it seems it takes me a while to learn from my mistakes. Life is short and I'm sure its possible to live several lives before us or God or whatever decides we can go on to something else.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Cancerwarrior

It is funny that you say this. I was just thinking of how at the time it happened to me how clear everything seemed. And now just a few years later i can't remember as much about it as I once did. It's like I remember remembering it I guess? I don't know, but thank you for your reply.

In a way, it's almost like a dream... how it's there, hidden until you remember it and then, it fades out to almost nothing.

Now, for me anyway, I guess it's a vague memory of a ghostly memory. It's a fascinating subject.

Thanks for the OP!

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Thank you for sharing your story, I totally believe you

While I've had many deja vu moments, one incident about 1 1/2 years ago or so really made me a firm believer when it comes to reincarnation. It was a dream, but it was so much more than that. In my dream, it was Christmas eve and I was in an office building in NYC, working as a secretary in an architect's office. All of the architect's offices were lined up on one side of the room with big, uncovered glass windows, and their offices lined the walls with the windows that looked over the city. Oddly, there was a line of glass ashtrays that you could see on every desk in every office. The office was cleared out for the holiday and one of my bosses remained. As I was getting ready to leave, someone came into the office and my boss told me I had to stay until the man was gone. I was cavity-sweet about it but worried on the inside because I wanted to get home to my husband and kids.

When I was finally able to leave, I put on my coat, a long wool one, that covered the hem of the very long dress I was wearing. It had 3/4 sleeves, buttoned down the front, had a collar, and belted at the waist. As I walked, it "swooshed" and felt like thicker material, like a thicker taffeta, and was a muted, darker grey-blue color. I vividly remember the motion of swinging the coat around and as I did, caught a glimpse in a mirror by a door. Until this point, I felt I was dreaming of myself in this situation, since I have a husband and two kids, just like in my dream. I have always, always wanted to move to NYC, but something always happens (the last time, I narrowly avoided 9/11 and would have been working there when it happened, at Morgan Stanley). So, when I had this dream, I just figured i was somehow working this all in. However...

I caught a glimpse of myself in the mirror, though it was not me. They eyes were mine, everything else was wrong. My hair was shiny and a honey-brown, put up in a tight french twist (I have curly red hair that I wear naturally) and I had a very defined cheek/bone structure, was late 30s-early 40s. In my dream, I kept looking at myself in the mirror and then woke up.

I knew when I woke up that this was the late 1950s, as shown by the clothing I was wearing, the way I did my hair, and by the way the offices were furnished (ashtrays included). It was a very insignificant dream as far as detail goes, but it was not like a dream at all, more like a memory, and it flowed seamlessly, didn't jump around at all, it was just a dream about one moment of wanting to get home to my children and husband on Christmas eve.

It's funny because since having that dream, certain things made sense to me. I have a memory of NYC that I had when I was a small child and remember asking my parents about it, asking if they'd ever taken me to a very specific warehouse-type of building before. Because while I remembered it being NYC, I figured it could have been when we were living in Chicago and have even thought that it might have been in a movie that I saw when I was little, but now I wonder. I can still see that place clear as day, but have remembered this place since I was 4 years old. They have no idea what I'm talking about

Here are a couple of pictures of the kind of dress, but just not in the right colors and sans belt & buttons:

www.etsy.com...

www.etsy.com...
edit on 26-2-2013 by mountaingirl1111 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Yes. Several. My, mother died at home with me beside her as per her wishes.Right before she took her last breath,her cat of many years let out an ungodly screach from the adjacent room and ran to her trying to scramble up on the bed next to her. It still unnerves me to recall it. I also lost my husband and a couple of close friends .within a 6 month period. During this time I had the sensations of butterflies constantly flittering about me touching my face and arms. I kept on asking people if they felt it too. The answer was always no .At the time , I thought the dead were trying to tell me they werent dead and were trying to talk to me. I have since read that the flutterring of butterflies is akin to the souls of the dead. Why they were all flocking to me ,I dont know. But this and other occurrences have vastly changed my outlook on life and death.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Well my life sucks
i have no friends or dad.

I hope I enjoyed my past life.

I hope my next life will be on some new planet where people don't judge me.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Here's an experience my mom had:
She has always had an affinity for Scotland, the Highlands. An obsession with it. She and I have both visited there (separately), but both feel drawn to it.
And also, with high-drama Organized Religion in the Catholic and High Anglican traditions. I also have always been fascinated with Renaissance and medieval England.

Likewise, we've both visited England (separately).

When we first started discussing reincarnation, she was quite dubious. Even so, once she had a "reading" and was told that she was a nun in one life, caring for little kids. As a girl, she always assumed she'd be a "teacher" of kids - and realized that as a Sunday School child sheperdess (for lack of a better word). She also used to cut out magazine model's heads and pretended they were her "kids" - even named them all, knowing that since she wore glasses she'd be an Old Maid Teacher (saw that as a given) and would need to be able to remember names and such. One hilarious anecdote of hers:
her dad would come home and say, where is Cecille?
And her mom would answer: "She's upstairs playing with her heads."
(Awww. so cute. I'm glad, though, that she was wrong about that one!!)

Anyway, last year she called and asked me if I'd got my latest issue of "Scottish Life" (to which we both have a subscription - she gifts me a renewal each year)....
She was breathless, and said, "Turn to page 16 in the latest issue!" I did, to find a beautiful ancient traditional croft house - whitewashed, thatched roof, stone fence, etc...on an isolated Scottish lakeshore. She said, "That's my house!! That's where I lived!!" Her heart was racing, and she was in throes of delight and recognition. It was pretty intense.

edit on 26-2-2013 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 12:22 PM
link   

I have had several past life memories that impact me to this very day and I have always believed in it all my life.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Imagine having to live the same exact life over and over again for eternity. Not bad (especially if you had a good life).
But imagine then remembering each life...unable to change anything..sort of like sitting in a room watching through your eyes and it was all automated...
over and over...neverending.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Yes. I was open to the idea until I started thinking about it honestly instead of hopefully. Now it appears quite ridiculous to me

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

Because I have the type of mind that tries to figure out everything..

The way I figure it, I am relatively convinced of reincarnation, though not in the general sense. I think that the products of the body (memories, feelings, etc) mostly pass away along with the source (the body).

However, I think it is possible that the bio electrical signals of the body are somehow able to store data magnetically, like a hard drive. This starts to go into a different discussion on the nature of magnetism, so I wont go there.

Essentially, the energetic data is stored magnetically. So, the "driving force" if you will, continues to exist beyond the body. The body could be looked at as the leaves on a tree. They provide an avenue for energy exchange. Instead of photosynthesis, I suspect the process is an exchange between electrical signals and the magnetic fields that inevitably come along with them.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 01:08 PM
link   
I had the Door opened and saw reincarnation as assumed and envisioned is astonishingly inaccurate. Truth as the Presence, which is beyond knowledge or training, will do that to you.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 04:00 PM
link   
When my daughter was two she often came out with weird stuff.
More than once she spoke of 'before'
She was amazed that I had no memory of the time before,
When she was my mother in our family.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by HumansEh

I am reading this Sc ience And The Afterlife Experience

right now and there are a bunch of VERY interesting cases in it. He also states how many children remember their previous lives, but the memory usually fades by the age of 4 or 5. I found that interesting to mention.
edit on 26-2-2013 by flexy123 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 04:11 PM
link   
My wife went to a medium before and she told my wife I was a gladiator in a previous life and was killed and eaten by a lion.
My wife said "Oh my God" he just brought home a statue of a gladiator on a chariot a few days ago.

You would think I would be terrified of lions if that was the case.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by flexy123

Originally posted by HumansEh

I am reading this Sc ience And The Afterlife Experience

right now and there are a bunch of VERY interesting cases in it. He also states how many children remember their previous lives, but the memory usually fades by the age of 4 or 5. I found that interesting to mention.

Thanks for the link, I'll have a peek.
Yes by the time she was four she had stopped coming out with stuff like that, but she was very certain and matter of fact about it in her little solemn way.
I think I'll take my leave now.
This memory has made me very sad.
I'll star you and flag the thread on my way out.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by wildtimes

Originally posted by wildtimes
Yes, I have. Several times.

Just the other day, I was 'meditating' (spacing out while gazing outside), and had a view/experience of myself as a shepherd girl, in a high mountain meadow; long skirts, boots, and I was alone. Like my family had died. I wound up falling off a cliff, and the last thing I saw was a group of Native Americans looking down at me as I lay there dying....

I too have a memory of dying by falling off a cliff, in Scotland. I was supposed to marry into this god awful family, who's men beat their wives. I hated the fellow I was betrothed to and could only see a life of misery with him, knowing his disrespect for women, and the disrespect that my sons would also have toward me.

My twin brother and I went for a walk, and I was lamenting my fate. He wasn't really too supportive and I was really depressed. We sat down on the edge of a cliff, looking down on a cemetery.

I commented to my twin that "I would rather be dead than marry into that family", and I pulled nervously on clumps of crabgrass. I pulled a big clod of dirt out with the roots of the plant and the side of the cliff collapsed and I fell off. It was as if a hand came from the cemetery and pulled me down to it.

My twin brother was safe, and went back and told my family that I had committed suicide. It may have seemed that way to him, but it wasn't my intention to fall to my death!

(I met him again in this life, and he was still mad at me for not living up to my duties, back then! LOL There was some crazy karma with that guy, and I hope it's done and that I never have to deal with him again!)

I have many memories of past lives. I think the hardest part of recalling past lives, for some, is reliving the trauma of death and confronting the bad things we did.
edit on 26-2-2013 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 05:38 PM
link   
I have had a couple of strange incidents in my life.

I once saw a picture of a house for sale in the paper. For some reason I was really attracted to that house. I actually cut out the picture and stuck it on my fridge. Well a couple of years later, I noticed an open house at that house and it happened to be on a weekend when I was going to be in the area, so I just had to go have a look at the house. I didn't notice anything in particular until we went upstairs. I went into one of the bedrooms and just blurted out, "This used to be my room.!" I had never been in that house before in my lifetime, but it was just the strangest feeling that came over me when i went into that room- I just knew it had been my room.

I have always been attracted to Native American things and when I was a kid used to wish I was a Native American. One day I was listening to Native American music and started visualizing me standing at a fire cooking something. There were a couple of Native American kids running around, tepees, etc. I really felt like I was there.

Don't know if it is an indication of reincarnation or something else, but I am pretty certain in some past life I had lived in that house and in another life been a Native American.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Having grown up strongly believing in the "paranormal", I did believe in reincarnation, the whole concept of live once die once just didn't feel right. I remember trying to induce astral projection and I during the vibration/hypnagogic imagery state, I began to see flashes of different people (a jewish/italian man, a victorian woman, a tall skinny white woman with a ginger afro) and I just knew them so personally and intimately like they were past identities.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join