It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Tunnel. Truth or Fiction?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Happy Monday ATS!

I came accross this video this weekend and I watched it.....it's about a tunel under sidney, AU that appear to have something odd involved with it!

Apparently, there is something down there and people go missing never to be found again!! There are scenes where you can see "something" lurking around, but its really dark down there. If I am not mistaken, they were investigating a possible water supply that is located there...i know I sound short on my description but the volume was low (kids around) and for the same reason(kids), I got distracted many times.

Just the reaction of the homeless man interviewed in the beginning is pretty freaky to begin with and that is barely scratching the surface.

I dont want to say too much about it, because I would prefer if those interested in watching do so and post their comments, opinions on what this is, and of course if its real or not in their opinion.

I am not trying to say that this is true nor false...to be honest, I just dont know where I stand on this one. But I will say this though...I found this video quite disturbing to watch and left me sitting there silent for a few minutes after it was done. I know its a bit long 1h30m, took me longer than that because of going back to see a few scenes again.

If there is an ATSer from Sidney, AU on here, have you ever heard of this story either being real or a hoax?

Here is the link for the video.

Mods, If this is the wrong forum, please relocate accordingly

Thanks

Teye22

edit on 25-2-2013 by Teye22 because: (no reason given)

edit on 25-2-2013 by Teye22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Its blocked for me. Can you describe what this video is about.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 10:28 AM
link   

In 2007 the NSW government suddenly scrapped a plan to utilise the water in the disused underground train tunnels beneath Sydney.
In 2008, chasing rumours of a government coverup and urban legends surrounding the sudden backflip, investigative journalist Natasha Warner led a crew of four into the underground labyrinth. They went down into the tunnels looking for a story – until the story found them.
This is the film of their harrowing ordeal. With unprecedented access to the recently declassified tapes they shot in the claustrophobic subway tunnels, as well as a series of candid interviews with the survivors, we come face to face with the terrifying truth.

This never before seen footage takes us deep inside the tunnels bringing the darkness to life and capturing the raw fear that threatens to tear the crew apart, leaving each one of them fighting for their lives.

The 135k Project. ----------------------- The Internet was meant to be a tool to connect us. It was meant to break down borders and liberate. Now we have an entire generation who are being labelled criminals for using that tool. But perhaps rather than wasting millions of dollars fighting a losing battle against internet piracy, we should try and find a way to embrace the possibilities that this new world brings…

That’s the thought that inspired this project. We believe that if we stop fighting the peer to peer networks, they could become the biggest revolution we have ever seen in the way we share entertainment and information. After spending years being frustrated by what we saw as the movie industry’s short-sighted and conventional outlook towards the online community, we decided it was time to try something different –

The 135K Project was born. We figured that movie posters and collectable frames from movies are being sold every day, so what if we could raise the money to make “The Tunnel” by selling every individual frame of it? We would be able to make a movie unencumbered by a studio’s need for box office. We could do what we got into the industry to do in the first place. Tell stories we like and get them out there so people could enjoy them. What’s the key to doing that? You. If you like the look of “The Tunnel” or the idea behind The 135K Project - buy a frame or two, blog about it, follow us on twitter, seed and embed the finished film when it’s released. Whatever you can do. It will all help and show the world there might just be another way. Who knows where that might lead?

Thats from the Facebook page, so at least you have an idea of what it is about...sorry for the long quote mods, OP didnt reveal anything about the film in the post

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Its a movie. You can look up the cast etc. and they are making sequel called The Tunnel: Dead-End with the same writers.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by AmberLeaf

Thanks for the contribution AmberLeaf. Forgot to include a brief description (had planned to).

I edited my OP now!

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Lol. It's a movie bro. Pretty good; but the start is rediculously slow. Like its a third way into the movie before anything exceedingly interesting happens.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by CrisMajor
Lol. It's a movie bro. Pretty good; but the start is rediculously slow. Like its a third way into the movie before anything exceedingly interesting happens.

Seems to be the standard for most of "found footage" films.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 11:06 AM
link   
it's a movie alright, dunno if it's a true story, but it's a good movie

www.youtube.com...

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 11:11 AM
link   

I didn't have much time to research into this whole story this week nd, and I got to work this morning and went on ahead to post this.

After the first few replies, I went uh and I went ahead and googled.....needless to say I felt a bit stupid

It's still a freaky movie as I stated anyway.

One thing I did not find though is a confirmation that it is based on true events or if its fake. I wont post links because there are so many....some say yes and some say no....I know that a lot of movies claim to be based on true events and are not...is it the case with this one? More than likely imo!

I will go for "its just a movie" now and I am sorry if I wasted anyone's time!

Since its Australian, this is likely why I had never heard of it, and I watch a LOT of movies and normally keep on top of new releases in horror movies as this is my favorite kind.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by laurentius
it's a movie alright, dunno if it's a true story, but it's a good movie

www.youtube.com...

I do not think it claims to be true. The cast seems like they have been in quite a bit though. www.imdb.com...

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Teye22

It is indeed a movie. I watched it several months ago on DVD that I got from Netflix. It wasn't even a good movie. They claim that it is based on a true story, but lots of movies claim such a thing when in actuality there is nothing factual about them whatsoever, or artistic license is used in such a way that the end product bears no resemblance to anything factual at all.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Blair.
Witch.
Project.
in.
Sydney.
I noted the list of the actors at the end. It's a Mockumentary.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Lazarus Short

I liked Blair witch.

Another Urban legend to film thread aye?
Good stuff, at least it's not like Hollywood rehashing the same story every ten years.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Waterdog1

Blair Witch made lots of money, so Hollywood is going to beat this to death like everything else. They've scraped the bottom of the barrel so long, they're thru the bottom, the floor beneath it, and are well into the sub-basements.

posted on Mar, 1 2013 @ 07:30 AM
link   
1 Hour 30 min run time!

top topics

join