It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Prisoner paid compensation because his paper was delivered late

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 04:54 AM
link   
Just another example of how the prison system in the United Kingdom is a joke.

An inmate at one of Britain's top security prisons was compensated because his newspaper was delivered late, it emerged yesterday. The prisoner at Frankland jail, Durham, claimed he was being 'targeted' as other convicts got their papers on time. His was one of more than 6,000 grievances logged at the jail over a 12-month period, the most complaints lodged at any prison in the country.

This guy received around £100 in compensation for his newspaper being delivered to him late.

Talk about a waste of tax payers money!

The Prison Officers Association (PoA) said many involved paedophiles, murderers and rapists moaning about not being called "Mr" or "Sir" by staff. Another Frankland inmate lodged a complaint because he was too late to collect his lunch. He arrived at a canteen after it had closed but claimed he was being bullied

It is ridiculous! especially when you factor in the cost of suspension of staff pending the outcome of investigation into the complaints, most of which are frivolous.

It's a joke.

Heres the link

edit on 25-2-2013 by Lady_Tuatha because: edit to add link.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 04:56 AM
link   
I want to puke and I am not even a citizen of the UK......wow.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 08:05 AM
link   
To be fair reading old news does feel a bit yucky.

My heart goes out to these poor criminals, being forced to read news thats a few hours old and not being called sir.
What is the world coming to when a pedo or murderer is treated with such indignity!!!!!

posted on Feb, 28 2013 @ 05:49 AM
link   
I'd say they're downplaying plenty of the reports by only reporting the seemingly frivolous ones.. I bet if you read the other 5995 complaints there will be a few prisoners who were bashed etc..

top topics

join