It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.E. threatens U.S. with sanctions

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 9 2003 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Story Link

EU to hit US with $4 bn trade sanctions

May 07, 2003 19:28 IST

The European Union on Wednesday got the go-ahead to hit the United States with a record $4.04 billion in trade sanctions in a long-running row over tax breaks for major exporting firms, trade officials said.

The decision by the World Trade Organisation, approving a detailed list of goods, cleared the last hurdle to the EU's levying of punitive duties to which the Geneva-based trade referee agreed last August.

The European Commission, the EU's executive arm, on Wednesday gave the United States an autumn deadline to change the law or face the sanctions. [END]

Is it me or is the UE starting to flex its muscle a little.

posted on May, 9 2003 @ 10:00 AM
link   
That's great, it's about time someone taught the BULLY a lesson

posted on May, 9 2003 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by britchick
That's great, it's about time someone taught the BULLY a lesson

No it�s not, that will divide people between people, is not good, americans will say why we should pay that money to europe?
America has a 6 trillion debt (federal reserve) the citizen won�t accept that, and also they will say that�s how europe pays back all the help from the americans?

Well in this story all is propaganda, we the people, doesn�t matter from where, are paying the taxes, the wars, the developing of WMD, ICBM, Militar etc etc etc...

We pay this star wars story daily...
This thing will bring a worst situation really, i just don�t want the NWO to # up the relations between the people of the world, just becuase of their sick game...

I hope rational people understands who takes those kind of decisions, and blames the correct person, instead of blaming countries, or blame europe....

posted on May, 9 2003 @ 10:08 AM
link   
A thread about this was already started two day's ago:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

THIS THREAD IS CLOSED BY ME

top topics

join