U.E. threatens U.S. with sanctions

page: 1

join

posted on May, 9 2003 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Story Link

EU to hit US with $4 bn trade sanctions

May 07, 2003 19:28 IST

The European Union on Wednesday got the go-ahead to hit the United States with a record $4.04 billion in trade sanctions in a long-running row over tax breaks for major exporting firms, trade officials said.

The decision by the World Trade Organisation, approving a detailed list of goods, cleared the last hurdle to the EU's levying of punitive duties to which the Geneva-based trade referee agreed last August.

The European Commission, the EU's executive arm, on Wednesday gave the United States an autumn deadline to change the law or face the sanctions. [END]

Is it me or is the UE starting to flex its muscle a little.

posted on May, 9 2003 @ 10:00 AM
link   
That's great, it's about time someone taught the BULLY a lesson

posted on May, 9 2003 @ 10:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by britchick
That's great, it's about time someone taught the BULLY a lesson

No itīs not, that will divide people between people, is not good, americans will say why we should pay that money to europe?
America has a 6 trillion debt (federal reserve) the citizen wonīt accept that, and also they will say thatīs how europe pays back all the help from the americans?

Well in this story all is propaganda, we the people, doesnīt matter from where, are paying the taxes, the wars, the developing of WMD, ICBM, Militar etc etc etc...

We pay this star wars story daily...
This thing will bring a worst situation really, i just donīt want the NWO to # up the relations between the people of the world, just becuase of their sick game...

I hope rational people understands who takes those kind of decisions, and blames the correct person, instead of blaming countries, or blame europe....

posted on May, 9 2003 @ 10:08 AM
link   
A thread about this was already started two day's ago:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

THIS THREAD IS CLOSED BY ME

join