It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Im Not Rambo

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 06:48 PM
link   
It would seem that anyone who believes that a civil war in this country is possible or winnable by the populace is being labeled a Rambo or nut case with dreams of murdering his own countrymen. For what ever reason on a website that is filled to the brim with anti government rhetoric and quite often news story's that prove our beloved government is betraying the population at every turn whether republican or democrat. This seems a little bit odd to me as I am no Rambo, I do not wish to harm or kill anyone unless it is forced upon me and even then it would be hard to deal with taking a life.

I do believe how ever that most of the members here have come to the conclusion that a civil war is quickly becoming the only answer if this country's course is to be rectified and the balance of power restored back to the people. If you count yourself amongst the ones who believe there is another way I applaud you for your optimism but condemn you for your ignorance. In just the last 6 months we have been bombarded with tidbits and snippets of information from undeniable sources that alone mean little but once gathered and assembled paint a dire portrait. Though these pieces don't complete the puzzle its clear its a picture that many of us would rather not see completed. I wish I had the time and patience to place every tidbit of leaked info in just one thread but it would already be on page 60 before the first member could comment. If at all possible a peaceful change is preferred but with those pulling the strings so firmly imbedded in positions of power I just cant figure a way that would happen.

For those who thought mitt Romney would of done differently I would gladly point out he was bashing AR type weapons during the debates. This is not a left or right debate it truly seems to have been planned out long before Newtown or aurora. The only real debate is whether we will allow our government to finish off rights and liberty's once and for all our will we stand and fight them to the bitterest of ends. No one wants to admit that they fear losing everything but that's what's happening.

We have lost our rights to a fair trial if we are under certain labels. We have lost the right to free speech in certain areas. WE are currently losing our right to defend ourselves. WE long ago lost the right to raise our children the way we saw fit.

maybe these things are not complete losses but they are the beginning stages.

how much more can we afford to lose until its all gone? until we are just slaves at the systems whim? If you think its to late to do anything about these issues than hope for you is gone and you should just go and sit this one out let the rest of us raise our voices and if it comes down to it our arms, we don't need you to label those who are willing to fight as Rambo's just because you think their plight is hopeless. the only plight that is hopeless is the one nobody tries to succeed at.

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Exactly! You're not Rambo. You would be "taken out" before you could get a shot off. That's why I hope it doesn't come to that. Plus look at all the loons that will just be goin for each other and random innocents. It would be hell on earth.

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 07:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Anundeniabletruth

yes I might but im only one of thousands. rather try to fight for my rights than just sit back and let them be stripped from me.

also the loons are already going for random citizens 1400 by one officials count. that is just drone strikes alone on "terrorist threats"
edit on 24-2-2013 by oasisjack because: op

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by oasisjack

What you don't seem to realise, or seem to be ignoring, is that should a civil war break out... you won't be in a position to choose what you do.

If you intend on winning, you're going to have to be worse than rambo. Sneakier than rambo. Tougher than rambo.

Because the US has not been engaging in wars all around the world and not learning from it. Fighting native peoples in lands foreign to them, and still being able to inflict massive damage from afar.

You don't think they have the capability to simply put the boot down, any time they want?

Guerrilla tactics would be the only way you'd have a hope of remaining in small groups, always sneaking in the dark, camouflaged in the shadows..

and picking off whatever you could.

You'll not stand a chance.

This is why I don't see it ever happening. It's all stars and stripes and glory now, easy to look at it from afar and go "Im no rambo, just a fed up guy doing my bit to save this country from tyranny." but as soon as you hear soldiers screaming at you while they round up the rest of your group who've just claimed responsibility for an IED, you won't be seeing many stallone movies again.

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by winofiend

im afraid its none of those stars stripes and glory. Its a bad scenario either way but would you just roll over and let them have their way?

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anundeniabletruth
Exactly! You're not Rambo. You would be "taken out" before you could get a shot off.

Then another take his place! 10 fold until the first breath of liberty is taken!

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 07:16 PM
link   

I do not approve of the way things are going down now either. But as long as I can still have my "own business" and buy or grow the food I choose, live in a house, have entertainments that I find enjoyable, and spend time with people I care about, then I think I'll suck it up and stick to trying to get others to verbally attack the issue. I'm not willing to die because other people are unhappy. Things suck and I still think we all need to work together to change that but signing our own death warrants just isn't the way to do that.

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by yourmaker

Exactly! You're not Rambo. You would be "taken out" before you could get a shot off.

Then another take his place! 10 fold until the first breath of liberty is taken!

95% of any "the people" fighters would be "taken out" before they could get a shot off. That's the problem...

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 07:18 PM
link   

I understand your passion, and if I could give any advise it would be to "unplug" for a while. No Sarcasm intended..It doesn't mean that you're giving up on your beliefs, it just means that you're not overloading yourself with the sheer amount of information / dis information available to you.

The only reason I say this is because of the passionate wording in your thread. You mean what you say. Well put, but might be good to turn the burner down (in your own head) just a tad.... I do this all the time lol. ,

Take a vacation to Canada

edit on 24-2-2013 by canucks555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by yourmaker

95% of any "the people" fighters would be "taken out" before they could get a shot off. That's the problem...

95%, that's quite the statistic. Based on what evidence?
Where's the inventory to carry out such a mass operation?

How can they maintain the supply chain when those routes run right through the towns and cities of the people they are intending to fight?

I think you're imagining a front line. And armies..
This is a different war. They will kill commanders in their sleep.
Networks will be bugged, snipers will rule the high-rise and guerrillas will move when they're told.

"95% of the fighters" will look like you and me 95% of the time.... Get it?

This battle will not be fought primarily with guns, tanks or planes. This is all Spec ops and Counter-intelligence.
It will be fought silently under the cover of a darkness where true words will have trouble seeing the light of day..

You'd be lucky to hear of ANY engagements with how tightly the State media will keep it under to prevent the widescale armed retaliation you're thinking of...

We should be so thankful that for the moment this can be even be said, and read.
edit on 24-2-2013 by yourmaker because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by canucks555
Take a vacation to Canada

Make sure it's to the part without any people... Really the only decent part of this country...

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by yourmaker

Just saying to Jack.. Doors open, always has been

edit on 24-2-2013 by canucks555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by yourmaker

Than how do you know it isn't already happening? I also kind of feel like you're thinking of a much different kind of war than the OP.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 05:49 PM
link   
in 1950's the french thought they could defeat a civil uprising in french Indochina.
all the might of the foreign legion.

when they failed, the US and allied military took over, and were soundly whipped, causing a withdrawal in 1973.
the enemy?
a civilian population with standard weaponry, but the will will to do whatever it took to evict the occupiers from their lands.

even now in Afghanistan, and Iraq, the US struggles to defeat an enemy it cant see, that uses guerrilla tactics to hit and run.

anyone who believes the might of a standing army can truly stand up to partisan resistance has not learned anything at all from the history of warfare.

its that all out ego of the army and military that causes its failures to adapt.
standing armies can never win in a protected guerrilla war.

better bring your SF back to the US or a civil war would be protracted and bloody.

the labeling of people as "rambo" is designed to illicit a response. one that makes you feel like you cant do anything against that might.

ignore it. read history books.

join