It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Four-alarm fire engulfs Texas gun range

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 05:27 PM
link   
4:15pm reporting Fast moving 4 alarm fire at the DFW Gun Club and Training Center.

www.nbcdfw.com...

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 07:35 PM
link   
Looks like someone shooting a tracer round.

Dallas Fire-Rescue spokesman Jason Evans said a shooter at the range admitted firing an unauthorized tracer round. The small flare that is part of the round apparently triggered the inferno. "It flares up a little bit, and whenever you fire the insides of that backing at a gun range, they can easily catch that backing on fire," Evans said.

Source

"It was pretty scary," said one range patron who gave his name as Brett. "There are a bunch of bullets in there, and there's not telling how far or when they're going to go off." Franco Alvarez was also inside. He said he heard "many multiple small explosions." One firefighter was treated for smoke inhalation. Police kept onlookers at least a block away due to the threat of exploding munitions.

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 09:20 PM
link   
yes that is a four alarm fire
second line

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 10:23 PM
link   
That is a complete bummer. I use this indoor range all the time and have taken several Concealed Handgun License classes at that facility. From the footage, it doesn't look like much will be salvageable - but I hope the owners can rebuild and recover soon. The next closest indoor range is in Garland, about 20 miles east.

ganjoa
edit on 24-2-2013 by ganjoa because: punctuation

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Kituwa

Ive been to this range before and thought it was pretty decent. When I made my Sig 2022 review thread here, all my shots then were taken at this range.

Im sure DFW Gun Club will get through this pretty fast though. They've had rough stuff happen in the past.

www.wfaa.com...

Seven years ago, strong storms damaged the same gun range.

Thirty-five people were inside when heavy rain caused the roof to suddenly collapse.

There's a reason there are rules at the range, (this time being the no tracer rounds rule). It took just 1 idiot that didnt follow range rules to put many people in a deadly situation.

reply to post by ganjoa

From the footage, it doesn't look like much will be salvageable - but I hope the owners can rebuild and recover soon. The next closest indoor range is in Garland, about 20 miles east.

It looks like pretty much every is gone. Thankfully nobody was hurt. For another indoor range, there's Eagle up in Lewisville if you're closer to there than Garland.
edit on 24-2-2013 by buni11687 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 11:36 PM
link   

top topics

join