It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Australia's Stonehenge ?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 08:37 PM
link   
A couple of days ago on the news in Australia was presented a story on a rock formation near the You Yangs .
The You Yangs are a group of sort of small hills in victoria. When i was younger we would hear stories about the You Yangs and it was all a bit of a mystery and spooky anyway, apparently there is like a ring or whatever of stone's there that record the solstice 's .The shortest and longest days ect. The professionals are studying it now and lots of intrest has been shown by international tour groups wanting to see it.
They won't let the public know exactly where it is yet.

I wish i could link the story and the pics but the story's gone and i don't know how to dig it up.
Maybe another aussie saw the story and can provide links.

Hope this hasn't been posted already

Just to add, i remember a bit more about the spooky story part, ufos have been spotted there ?
1%

edit on 22-2-2013 by my1percent because: spelling

edit on 22-2-2013 by my1percent because: spelling

edit on 22-2-2013 by my1percent because: more to add

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by my1percent

You mean this?

The stone circle, said to be older than Stonehenge, is an astronomical marker. Its two straighter sides point to where the sun rises on the shortest and longest days of the year.

Source

Looks like it's going to be another one for the history books. Very interesting, and very old. S&F
edit on 2/22/2013 by Klassified because: eta

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Klassified

Yes, thank you for that.
1%

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 08:48 PM
link   
I found this link

Tour guides beg to see Geelong Stonehenge Wurdi Youang

Is this the article you saw?
Interesting.

The stone circle, said to be older than Stonehenge, is an astronomical marker. Its two straighter sides point to where the sun rises on the shortest and longest days of the year. Stonehenge dates from about 2500 BC, and the earliest pyramid in Egypt was built from about 2630 BC, suggesting the local Aborigines could have been the world's first astronomers.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Netties Hermit

Yes thanks for linking that.

If it's proven to be older than others does this mean the Aboriginals were first to have contact with aliens or they made observations of nature. 1%

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Aboriginals have been here for 60,000 years. Some say there’s evidence indicating human fire activity dated to 120,000 years ago. They’ve been in Victoria for around 40,000 years, so it’s very conceivable that Aboriginal people constructed this long, long before Stonehenge.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 10:25 PM
link   
My husband when he was growing up ,He's best friend was an Aborigine and he has told me of all the good times they had, lot's of storys, sad , funny ect. Sadly he friend passed away some time ago.
I was talking to him about this thread and this is what he said to me.

He's friends father took them to a cave in Queensland where there were rock paintings of spacemen? like the other famous one's in northen Australia. The elder asked my husband "what do they look like to you?" he replied "they look like spacemen" the elder replied "your the only white boy to see these" wow !
This was in 1967.
Another story is about a ghost milkman except thats for a ghost thread i will see if i can find an the right thread for it but the search is changed ,liked the old one. 1%

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Bump. This thread deserves more attention than it has gotten.

He's friends father took them to a cave in Queensland where there were rock paintings of spacemen? like the other famous one's in northen Australia. The elder asked my husband "what do they look like to you?" he replied "they look like spacemen" the elder replied "your the only white boy to see these" wow ! This was in 1967.

There is much we don't know about our past.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 09:47 AM
link   

G,day mate. had this story pointed out to me by my eldest son the other day. think he was watching the ABC news. anyway the penny dropped. back in the 60's les bedall or beadell found a large stonehenge out on the nullabor plains. where exactly it is located was not released. back in 72 an old retired bloke told me about the remains of an ancient city up in arnhem land. the local tribe said it was a taboo place. would not enter but guarded the place and would spear anyone attempting to enter. this old bloke had the job of patrolling the border of arnhem land to keep us whites out. the bush tucker man les hiddens ex army officer also spoke of ancient ruins and the fact that records existed of a dutch settlement some time before the english. an article appeared in the leeds mercury in january 1834. on april 10 1832 a party of explorers promoted by a scientific society based in singapore and aided and patronised by the local govt. landed on new holland. their objective was both commercial and geographical and carried out with the utmost secrecy. they explored inland for 2 months and found a dutch settlement. they found plantations, a vast expanse of water with thousands of little islands. a community of about 300 dutch were found. contact was made. they were living in houses surrounded by a great wall to defend them from the blacks and that their fathers arrived about 170 years ago. that is approx 170 years prior to 1832. so i wonder if the ruins are one of the same. info taken from les's book Bush Tucker Man stories of exploration and survival pages 127 through 147. please note i have only passed on info from first 2 pages. nothing here in aussie is quiet as it seems.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by pronto

G' day back , i haven't heard of those ,but the nullarboor is known for ufo's.
I got asked to go to Arnhem land once by the most attractive man i have ever seen anywhere including on tv
an aborigine, an absolute stunner and so dam mischevious , i didn't go. 1%
edit on 23-2-2013 by my1percent because: spelling

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 08:15 PM
link   

G,day matette. know a bloke from over streaky bay way. he often talks of having seen afo's (allied flying objects) or ufo's or tav's rising from beneath the ocean and heading inland. tav = trans atmospherical vehicle i might get over that way again one day, just to fish and watch instead of going straight throu to the west.

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by pronto

G'day mateee lol never heard that one . Is that pirate speak? lol
Streaky Bay ? east WA or SA ?
I have heard of strange things, ufo's, ect over in WA cheers1%

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 06:27 AM
link   

G,day again. streaky bay is west of port lincoln and before ceduna heading across south aussie to the west aussie border. the general area is called the eyre peninsula. hope this helps. if you go west of ceduna the maps read. there be dragons beyond this point, and sand gropers.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Hoax!!

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 10:58 AM
link   
The You Yangs always looked quite big to me.

Oh and I never knew that they had a Geoglyph there too!

You Yangs Geoglyph

English: This photo shows geoglyph called Bunjil a mythical creature to the local Wathaurong Aborigines. It was constructed in 2006 by world-renowned Australian artist Andrew Rogers at the You Yangs National Park, Lara.

edit on 5-4-2013 by DaRAGE because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2013 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by DaRAGE

The reason I said the hills were small is because in mountain size they are small .Is it called geographically geologically whatever my spellings probably wrong. But in they way they measure mountain size the you yangs are small. I don't even think they are classed as mountains though I could be wrong. That bird in the photo looks familiar.
1%

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 12:20 AM
link   
hey.. i have never even heard of that in Victoria.. how interesting.. i so want to go there now..

im going to google it all now andsee what else i can find..

as for the aliens, it wouldnt surpris me, as they were quite aware back then, before we ruined it all for them..

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 10:14 AM
link   
I got this link about Australian's Stonehenge. It seems the place was found by retrieve a letter, referencing the rock formation, written by the late Australian journalist Frederic Slater while he working for the Brunswick Valley Historical Society.

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 10:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: ADWORLD
I got this link about Australian's Stonehenge..

Your link appears to be to a website equivalent of the weekly world news

posted on Jan, 31 2016 @ 02:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Marduk

Your link appears to be to a website equivalent of the weekly world news

Said someone who's nickname is Marduk

In any case the same news has been reported by the Dailymail, International Business Times UK and AU... as well as in many other newspaper.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join