It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Congress instituting a new draft?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Hi guys, just wanted to introduce myself & also post about an interesting page I found browsing the net. I would have posted this where it's supposed to go but i'm a nooby to the forums so I can't.

Is the U.S. preparing for a new draft?

H.R.748 - To require all persons in the United States between the ages of 18 and 25 to perform national service, either as a member of the uniformed services or as civilian service in a Federal, State, or local government program or with a community-based agency or community-based entity, to authorize the induction of persons in the uniformed services during wartime to meet end-strength requirements of the uniformed services, to provide for the registration of women under the Military Selective Service Act, and for other purposes.

Beta.Congress.gov
edit on 22-2-2013 by iDigital because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by iDigital

That would suck. I'm glad I am well over age.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Well at least we have batman to always fight for us
. Also im 16 so this doesn't apply to me??

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 11:36 AM
link   

or as civilian service in a Federal, State, or local government program

What does this mean? Is it mandatory to work for the government during wartime for that age group?

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by iDigital

Hey there iDigital, and welcome to the Introductions Forum, a place to say hello to the ATS community. Unfortunately though, as this is not an introduction, it will now be closed.

Please see this below:

The Introduction Forum is for introductions To tell something about you; not to start a thread about a topic.“Intro threads” that are really “topic threads” will be removed.
Please Review, Welcome to ATS, it’s time to introduce yourself.

Try our Ask ATS with the search words of your choice.

So, due to introduction forum rules, non-introductions will be closed and or removed - In this case closed.

Thanks for your time,

RA,
Forum Moderator.

top topics

join