It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Next Ice Age

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 07:12 AM
link   
Hello to all

well i awoke this morning and logged into my youtube account to get my usual dose of 2min news from SuspiciousObservers
he has uploaded a video detailing the possibilties of a new ice age within the next 20 years + or -

here is the video

another which goes into more deatil
i dont think i can embed this one so heres the link

Youtube
heres part of the description given under the video

1) The climate change is real, and there is more to it than CO2 and 'global warming' - it is all extremes. 2) The entire solar system appears to be changing simultaneously. 3) The magnetic changes on earth began hundreds of years ago, and need to be tracked more effectively. 4) Weather modification appears to be implemented, and IMHO it is a zero-sum game.

my opinion is i have no reason to dis-believe what he presents
ive always found his videos very factual and straight to the point
time to stock up on the thermals me thinks

im interested to hear your opinions

Edit - i didnt know about the 'flash' on Jupiter!
i must of been under a rock!

edit on 22-2-2013 by GezinhoKiko because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-2-2013 by GezinhoKiko because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 07:35 AM
link   
reply to post by GezinhoKiko

I'v posted this pdf before in another thread.

The synchronous snowfalls in the southern hemisphere were preceded by severe drought conditions in the USA and unusual conditions in Europe. Nobody dared postulate that they were the consequence of climate change caused by human activities. But please read my article in Civil Engineering published in 2008 on the likelihood of global droughts from 2009 to 2016. Perhaps the day will come when our prediction methods are formally recognised.

I have repeatedly mentioned that there are increasing reports that the world could be entering a mini ice age. This possibility was confirmed by our own studies of South African hydro-meteorological data. There was more to come

National crisis ahead

Its by a prof Will Alexander from south africa who is one of a few scientists talking
about a possible new ice age.

edit on 22/2/2013 by skuly because: adding

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 07:54 AM
link   
No doubt, it could be a real threat. We await to see what the Sun does in years to come.

ETA: The predictions of solar maximum MAY be wrong... I mean... maybe the Sun is going into an unpredictable phase??
edit on 22-2-2013 by MamaJ because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 09:08 AM
link   

What I found interesting. in the video was the connection of the last mini iceage with the Maunder Minimum.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 09:13 AM
link   
You guys realize that we are currently in an ice-age already don't you?

An ice age is a period over tens of millions of years where the Earth is cold enough to produce permanent ice sheets. Since permanent ice sheets currently exist in Greenland and Antarctica, it qualifies the current age to be an ice age. This current ice age began 30 million years ago. Within an ice age there are warm periods referred to as "interglacial" and cold periods referred to as "glacial." We are in an interglacial period right now. Factor such as changes in the Earth's axis and orbit; tectonic plate shifting; volcanic matter explosions or meteoric impacts; and an increase in carbon dioxide emission from industrial pollution all contribute to changes in the Earth's climate.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Hopechest

actually the Ice Age began 2.6 billion years ago
and we are still in it

An ice age, or more precisely, a glacial age, is a period of long-term reduction in the temperature of the Earth's surface and atmosphere, resulting in the presence or expansion of continental ice sheets, polar ice sheets and alpine glaciers. Within a long-term ice age, individual pulses of cold climate are termed "glacial periods" (or alternatively "glacials" or "glaciations" or colloquially as "ice age"), and intermittent warm periods are called "interglacials". Glaciologically, ice age implies the presence of extensive ice sheets in the northern and southern hemispheres.[1] By this definition, we are still in the ice age that began 2.6 million years ago at the start of the Pleistocene epoch, because the Greenland and Antarctic ice sheets still exist.

Ice Age, wiki

what my OP is refering to is a more wide spread ice age

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 02:08 PM
link   

I believe if I remember right we have been warming the last 12000 years or so... Ice age is not really accurate term, but glacial periods is. Like I said, I am trying to remember what I have studied the last two years in regards to our "climate change" which is really what it should always be called. lol Our climate is always changing.

Its predicted the Sun Cycle Maximum 24 will be the lowest in 100 years. Is the Sun really predictable? Not in my opinion. As it travels closer to the edge of the Local Interstellar Cloud it may possibly reach a denser region, thus behavior could change.

If you want an in depth look into our Sun and changes with our climate check on the link in my signature about the Local Interstellar Cloud.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hopechest
You guys realize that we are currently in an ice-age already don't you?

An ice age is a period over tens of millions of years where the Earth is cold enough to produce permanent ice sheets. Since permanent ice sheets currently exist in Greenland and Antarctica, it qualifies the current age to be an ice age. This current ice age began 30 million years ago. Within an ice age there are warm periods referred to as "interglacial" and cold periods referred to as "glacial." We are in an interglacial period right now. Factor such as changes in the Earth's axis and orbit; tectonic plate shifting; volcanic matter explosions or meteoric impacts; and an increase in carbon dioxide emission from industrial pollution all contribute to changes in the Earth's climate.

And yet CO2 is still less than 1% of the total atmosphere, I just don't see how little can have so much effect!

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 02:18 PM
link   

I mean, that's what I've been trying to tell y'all ATSers for months! Thanks OP, S&F from me.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 05:55 AM
link   
reply to post by MamaJ

thanks MamaJ for directing me to your signature
i will check it out and share my opinion with you after going thru all the info.

EDIT - well i was hoping i would be able to give you my opinion today, but that would be an injustice.
its going to take me a while to read and digest everything in yours and sonofthesun research material
thanks again for linking it
give me a day or 2 to reply

edit on 23-2-2013 by GezinhoKiko because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-2-2013 by GezinhoKiko because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Thanks for the information. If the planet does start getting colder, some scientists obviously will be baffled that they were wrong. On the other hand, they might believe they are still right for several years claiming climate extremes are increasing. I pointed out to someone the other day the protestors in DC the other day that wanted Obama and the dems to try to stop global warming were all bundled up in heavy coats and stocking caps. Some people are arrogant thinking mankind has a bigger influence on weather than the sun does.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Thank you for taking the time to give it the attention I think its deserves, thus the research was created just for that. It truly needs more attention to detail and study to form an absolute opinion on whats going on, if anything.

Again, I appreciate the time it will take to read it all and also understand it. I look forward to your feedback.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by orionthehunter

I think there is now a consensus among the community that the ocean warming, ice caps melting was a sign they ran with crying global warming when in fact its something that happens over time. The Earth is always changing. Trying to "fix" what they thought was global warming may have and or will send us right into an "Ice age".

Messing with nature is a no-no.

Why would the oceans warm and rise? Many factors, but one good factor is volcanic activity. We have millions (3 million plus) volcanoes under water. Our planet is changing with the Sun, as is and will everything else as the Sun controls our weather and way of life.

They now think the Sun is so quiet that we will experience a cooling period, hence the volcanic activity around the world will indeed cool the planet. Earth is trying to equalize herself. Its what she does.

Man made changes do not affect her like the Sun does.

We may begin to experience more geological changes, such as the volcanic activity and earthquake activity. There may be a peak in activity that creates havoc, before the equilibrium takes place, that is.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Its anti-intuitive,but I always assumed you need warmth for glaciation to occur.
Huge amounts of moisture must evaporate from the seas and fall as snow-periods of glaciation have lower sea levels. The water being trapped as ice over land.

If that is the case,lower energy output via sun cycles and minimums do not tell the whole story.I do not know what could cause ocean heating and lower temperatures at the same time.

posted on Feb, 23 2013 @ 06:36 PM
link   
hey if I knew how I would give you stars and whatever the give here anyway in the 70,s I was taking a geology class and the instructor went into great detail about the fact that we were 20 years or so away from a new ice age his belief was we would see an increase in water vapor in the atmosphere due to melting of snow and glaciers because to get large amounts of snowfall or rain you wold need water in the air that is happening now I would suggest that evewryone buy cold weather gear and have on hand it wont be like the day after but when it mcomes time to buy the stuff and you need it the capitlistic pigs will be only to willing to sell it for your home so ,mdo it now cant hurt and it is something you can use and it wont sit in your closet and go bad from time peace to all get rady to be icicles love the spirit

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 04:33 AM
link   
I flagged this cause i'm in the great state of Georgia lol and we don't have winter here anymore. It's summer year round, varying from winters of 70-80 degrees to summers of 100-120 degrees

So I welcome the coming ice age, as do all my mammoth brothers

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 04:34 AM
link   
made a thread not to long ago about this possibility
will link it here so we can have all the data in one place

Are we heading into a new Ice Age ?

listen to this interesting video

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by BlackSnake

Read my link about the Sun and the LIC.... if you really want to know. It may take you days, but I have spent two years! I wanted to know more from scholars in the field. What do they know ... or think?

The Sun is quite awesome!

I am a big lover... but... it can make or break us in so many ways.

We live in a reality governed by a "system". This system relies on its Star and if the Star gets perturbed, changes will occur, as it always has. Our atmosphere is a part of the system and relates with the oceans and climate. Geological activity ties in... human behavior ties in...

The system is affected from the subatomic to the galactic. Our planet has always gone through these types of climate changes. With climate change comes geological changes as well.

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 07:05 PM
link   
reply to post by hisshadow

I am in Tennessee. Dogwoods are in bloom.

My forty years, I don't recall them being in bloom in February. Im sure its happened... I wasn't alive though. lol

My research showed scientists saying weather patterns began to change in the late 90's. This is when their eyebrows went up and began looking for more answers.

We are still trying to figure out exactly where the Sun is in the LIC and where its going and what the density is throughout.

The edges seem to be the most dense, a more energetic region. This is where they believe the Sun to be although not quite in a dense area. We have tools collecting data, however we do not know for sure.

They think this is going to be a real slow time for flares and more cooling will take place.

Im feeling as though it is not predictable and the Sun is about to put on a show in the coming years and make us rethink what we know about our Star.

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 07:31 PM
link   
I think I will adopt a few Eskimos to teach me the ways of Igloo building..'
'
also,... could be a L O N G time before we need to worry about it

2 min news guy rocks,. no frills,. just the facts

edit on 24-2-2013 by Lil Drummerboy because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join