It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Have The Perfect Solution To Fix America's Problems & Corruption!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 09:32 PM
link   
The solution to every major problem in the U.S. is.......
When it comes time to vote.. TURN OFF YOU TVs!
Don't go to mainstream news websites!!

ONLY know who are the candidates and only look at their voting records!
Nothing else, no tabloid gossip, no who cheated on who, no he said she said but she also said he said...

Every time it's the media whom most let decide for them, based on who gets the most coverage.
Next time whether local or national YOU decide!

And only way to do that is take the hypnotists out of the equation!
TURN OFF YOU TVs and only use the internet to look at the candidate's voting records.

Now imagine if everyone did that!!!!

But they aren't going to do that? Well not with that attitude no they won't!
Go door to door, have your own toastmaster groups, book clubs, community outings, whatever!!!!

It's not that difficult!

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Yeah good luck with that.

Amend the constitution the "other" way.
And take the money away.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

umm, and what good would even that do, if we can't depend on vote totals cause enough of the electronic voting machines and upstream counting systems are compromised ? I'd really like to know.

You ever seen this?
Velvet Revolution- Karl Rove-Romney

Fixed link

I mean these people are NOT playing fair anymore. So unfortunately any solutions that fall in line before the voting chain is compromised are not going to be very effective. But we need more people thinking of solutions like you, no question of that. And at this point there is a sealed cutoff point installed that preempts any solution.

In other words- we're screwed.
edit on Thu Feb 21st 2013 by TrueAmerican because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Its actually funny that the infamous debate between Nixon and Kennedy shows how this happens extremely well.

Those that watched the debate on television overwhelmingly gave the win to Kennedy while those that listened to it on the radio gave the win to Nixon.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 09:55 PM
link   
I agree 110%.
It actually does open a person up to less objectivity and more research.
Less want and more need. Less propaganda and marketing and more truth.
But, I am a firm believer in the no TV idea from the beginning.
Not just to vote.

But to get Americans off their collective butts and be active!
Either by exercise or researching....something is better than nothing.

Great thread!
I will always support the notion to turn off the TV!

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Stop buying into party politics....work from the ground up on changing how your State elects and demands their electors to vote, resist gerrymandering, and most of all, become a self-governing citizen; all obtainable but always gets the answer "I just don't have time".

Americans want celebrity politics...it just is what it is. Like most TV shows, it will eventually fall by the way side once the public loses interest. I commend you for at least putting an idea on the table though! That alone is more than a large portion of society does.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 09:57 PM
link   

You know you have a great point

Supposedly during the Nixon/Kennedy debates the majority of those who saw it on TV said Kennedy looked more Presidential but the majority of those who heard it on the radio said Nixon made a better arguments. Also, A Canadian gal I used to date suggested once and I agree with her that the Candidates should just be judged on their accomplishments and not so much on their TV appearance and rhetoric.

How much do Candidates spend on Advertisements and who's paying for it again?

edit on 21-2-2013 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hopechest
Its actually funny that the infamous debate between Nixon and Kennedy shows how this happens extremely well.

Those that watched the debate on television overwhelmingly gave the win to Kennedy while those that listened to it on the radio gave the win to Nixon.

As I learned in the military, perception is everything. The model solider was that which can present themselves in a model fashion and the one who never cared to keep up the veneer did their job and did it well but the perception was that they "didn't play the game". Same with politics and Slayer makes just as interesting a point -- I wonder why so much money is dumped into 60 second sound bites that give no real information but drive the American public's thought process on politics....

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia

ONLY know who are the candidates and only look at their voting records!
Nothing else, no tabloid gossip, no who cheated on who, no he said she said but she also said he said...

Every time it's the media whom most let decide for them, based on who gets the most coverage.
Next time whether local or national YOU decide!

And only way to do that is take the hypnotists out of the equation!
TURN OFF YOU TVs and only use the internet to look at the candidate's voting records.

Now imagine if everyone did that!!!!

But they aren't going to do that? Well not with that attitude no they won't!
Go door to door, have your own toastmaster groups, book clubs, community outings, whatever!!!!

It's not that difficult!

blindly vote, that is what got us into this mess. ignorance is not bliss, sheesh this is an absurd post you got here. the only way to fix america is to get the damn corrupt politicians out and in jail (that is 99.5% of them) and start educating our children, not this propaganda test prep garbage we are doing., they are not even able to read half the time with a high school diploma.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by ownbestenemy

Because it works.

Here is an example of a classic, no-information political ad that worked extremely well and the funny part is, it was only shown once.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 09:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

How much do Candidates spend on Advertisements and who's paying for it again?

edit on 21-2-2013 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

And therein lies the racket.

"News" outlets sell advertising space and elections are a substantial source of profit. They have all the interest in the world to create the scenario of a "close race" to encourage political parties and PACs to buy more air time.

Ever notice how the analysis of campaigns isn't as much about the issues as it is about how well (or not) a particular ad campaign is doing?

As you suggest, almost the entire amount of political contributions are spent on advertising and are therefor direct profits to the media organizations... no wonder they push for no limits to campaign donations!

the Billmeister

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hopechest
reply to post by ownbestenemy

Because it works.

Here is an example of a classic, no-information political ad that worked extremely well and the funny part is, it was only shown once.

Yep, the Daisy ad was the beginning of the era of exactly what you called it, "no-information" and sadly it destroyed one of my political heroes in the mean time. Barry Goldwater had no chance against that even if he could prove it all untrue (which it was).

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia

Don't use the term "mainstream media". That sounds complimentary. I prefer "state media" though "establishment media" and "corporate media" are ok too.

posted on Feb, 24 2013 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by ownbestenemy

Yep, the Daisy ad was the beginning of the era of exactly what you called it, "no-information" and sadly it destroyed one of my political heroes in the mean time. Barry Goldwater had no chance against that even if he could prove it all untrue (which it was).

Wrong - goldwater did have a chance but he chose to not fight back. He's just like romney was a few months back.
Nobody votes for a coward.

posted on Feb, 25 2013 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Make Speed Limit 45

Originally posted by ownbestenemy

Wrong - goldwater did have a chance but he chose to not fight back. He's just like romney was a few months back.
Nobody votes for a coward.

Without getting completely off-topic I agree and disagree to a certain point. Romney was no Goldwater and faced nothing compared to such. This ad, with no information painted Goldwater as someone who would go and just nuke countries when that was far from his stance. Once it gripped the minds of voters, already weary of war, it was a corner with 4-walls for Goldwater.

I agree he could have fought back and tried, but people don't want facts or in-depth analysis, they want neatly packaged "talking-points" that fit their view and don't challenge what they think. To that, the Daisy ad was played masterfully and to full effect on the public.

For instance, Goldwater rejected much of the civil-rights acts, not on the spirit of the laws, but what it did in terms of transferring more power to the Federal government to dictate private citizens and businesses. No one knew that because all that is said is....Goldwater rejects civil rights. The same playbook is used today by both sides of the aisle and it is all for the Government and none for the People.

top topics

join