It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How do you edit posts?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Is there a time limit on editing posts or something?

I can't seem to find where to edit them.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by pgobbs2277
Is there a time limit on editing posts or something?

I can't seem to find where to edit them.

Yes, ---wrong----(four hours)---wrong---.EDIT: A moderator says two hours.

The editing record isn't seen by anyone (as far as I know), once the post is edited it's in the form that people will see. I just put my real name, date of birth, and who I slept with recently into this post, and now I've edited it out.

Welcome to ATS, and enjoy the ride!
edit on 20-2-2013 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-2-2013 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by pgobbs2277

There is a two hour edit window ( though you might see "4 hours" listed in some places, it's incorrect ). After that if you truly need an edit, and that edit has bearing upon your thread - contact a moderator.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Its's a conspiracy i tell you!

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide

There is a two hour edit window ( though you might see "4 hours" listed in some places, it's incorrect ). After that if you truly need an edit, and that edit has bearing upon your thread - contact a moderator.

Really? I thought it was four hours. I'm glad I came to this thread! Where did I get the four hours? Thanks.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 06:04 PM
link   

................................................................................................................................ A
.............................................................................................................................. /.I.
............................................................................................................................. /..I..
................................................................................................................................ I
................................................................................................................................ I
................................................................................................................... edit button! haha

edit on 2/20/2013 by iwontrun because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aleister
Where did I get the four hours?

You got it from the message you receive when you try to edit.
The "edit limit" counts down from 120 minutes (which is only two hours in the rest of the world), and after that you get a message saying that your four hours have expired.
ATS only counts 30 minutes to the hour.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Aleister

Four hours is what is stated when you are creating a thread - but that is no longer the case. Now it's two hours and has been for at least the last 3 years.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Yours or someone else's ?

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

If you try to edit a post that has gone past the 2hour mark it will also give the message:

You have exceeded the maximum window of 4 hours allowed to edit your post.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Alright. But why doesn't somebody change the code???

Thanks, but confused (no coders here? I'm sure there are, but on the off-chance that you don't have them I could send over a couple good ones from uncyclopedia, we have one who's a master coder and he's a member here too. I've been recruiting once in awhile.)

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 11:25 PM
link   

The coding for ATS is all the provenance of one man, SkepticOverlord.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 03:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide

The coding for ATS is all the provenance of one man, SkepticOverlord.

Thanks. SkepticOverlord, if you have couple of minutes, maybe change the 4 to a 2. Thanks. At uncy I know there are code things going on every day, it's a very well maintained site. ATS seems to be running fine, well, the new search engine thing but that may work out.

top topics

join