It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

History not how you remembered it?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 08:12 AM
link   
I remember Nelson Mandela die-ing in prison and having news coverage of his death.
I remember hearing that the man who played Dr.Brown is Back to the future died after the release the 1st movie.

But they did not die then.

So i think maybe something changed the time line.

and that some people remember it.

So if someone was to go back in time and stop 9/11/2001 or the attack of peril harbor and then the timeline changed would there be small groups of people who would remember the old time line?
edit on 18-2-2013 by JoyfullMustard because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by JoyfullMustard
I remember Nelson Mandela die-ing in person and having new coverage of his death.
I remember hearing that the man who played Dr.Brown is Back to the future died after the release the 1st movie.

But they did not die then.

So i think maybe something changed the time line.

and that some people remember it.

So if someone was to go back in time and stop 9/11/2001 or the attack of peril harbor and then the timeline changed would there be small groups of people who would remember the old time line?

Explain how nelson mandela died in your "alternate time line"?

Dr Brown dying I have never heard this one before. how were the second and 3rd possible or was that a different actor in your "time line"

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 08:22 AM
link   
reply to post by JoyfullMustard

sorry dude, i'm clearly in the wrong time line to you.... here in my world Nelson Mandela is a highly successful actor is currently co-starring in Back to the Future 7 as Dr. Emmett Brown's civil-partner.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Doesn't Bob Dylan seem like he should be dead? I mean, I'd never wish it on him but he seems like one of those people that you would think would have died young.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by amraks Explain how nelson mandela died in your "alternate time line"?

I remember him die-ING of hibernoma in his cell.

Originally posted by amraks Dr Brown dying I have never heard this one before. how were the second and 3rd possible or was that a different actor in your "time line"

I remember watching the 1st movie at home on VSH and there being a memorial to his death before the movie then out the others movies came out... All three movies where made around the same time. I said release not making.

and i still though he was dead till i saw him on a episode of fringe

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 08:46 AM
link   

I too am from the TL Where Mandela Died..

i remember it from 1976 ish..

what year do you think he died??

darrman

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Link to post that covers this topic:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 18-2-2013 by Donkey_Dean because: To add info about link.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by darrman

I too am from the TL Where Mandela Died..

i remember it from 1976 ish..

what year do you think he died??

darrman

I remember him still being in jail and dieing in 1995...

So there must have been more then one time line that chinged.

I remember his funeral procession being shown live on CNN.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 08:58 AM
link   

ok now this gets weird-- i also remember this from 1995-- in fact I told my Wife At the time, all about the 1976 one,, because i had thought he died already.. so i had a Dry-Cleaners and through out the day i asked slected customers-- and I WAS NOT ALONE,, there were MANY who remembered the First Death in Prison..

See, I thought Nelson Mandela died in prison. I thought I remembered it clearly, complete with news clips of his funeral, the mourning in South Africa, some rioting in cities, and the heartfelt speech by his widow.

Then, I found out he was still alive.

My reaction was sensible, “Oh, I must have misunderstood something on the news.”

I didn’t think about it again for many years, until — in the VIP suite at Dragon*Con — someone casually mentioned that many people “remember” when Nelson Mandela died in prison.

That caught my attention in a hurry.

One thing led to another, and I discovered a large community of people who remember the Mandela history that I recall.
edit on 2/18/13 by darrman because: spelling

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by darrman

ok now this gets weird-- i also remember this from 1995-- in fact I told my Wife At the time, all about the 1976 one,, because i had thought he died already.. so i had a Dry-Cleaners and through out the day i asked slected customers-- and I WAS NOT ALONE,, there were MANY who remembered the First Death in Prison..

I had no clue about the 1972 death... I was not born till 84 and the 1st time i had ever herd of him was the 95 death.
So at some point after the 72 death the timeline changed then the 95 death happened then the timeline changed onces more

after posting this i found other reports of this and it looks like he died them times then the timelines changed after 72 hours each time

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Time travel -- Just isn't as much fun,,
as it was back in 2145.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 01:23 PM
link   
I don't know about the other guy, but Christopher Lloyd never died and is still alive and well.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 02:03 PM
link   
You are not alone in feeling that things have changed, there are quite a few threads about it.

Here's my page with links to many of them.
Bringing the Timeline Threads Together

Cheers

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by PennyQ
You are not alone in feeling that things have changed, there are quite a few threads about it.

Here's my page with links to many of them.
Bringing the Timeline Threads Together

Cheers

thank you

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 04:49 PM
link   
wow i am reading this old thread:
and some of the people replying are so dumb.
Talking about "Island don't float around" and stuff like that.
When they where clearly talking about a alternet time line when the earth had formed the island in a diffident place.
then somehow the timeline shifted to the timeline we know now...
Dumb ass people...

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 05:30 PM
link   
I recall Mandela dying in prison back in the '90s.

I don't know about alternate-timelines or time shifts or anything like that... If somebody can point me in the direction of some solid science that says such things are possible, I would appreciate it.

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by heyitsok

I don't know about alternate-timelines or time shifts or anything like that... If somebody can point me in the direction of some solid science that says such things are possible, I would appreciate it.

Its unknown why this happens.
Could be he died and someone went back in time and saved him from dieing so it "Erased" the time when he died or it made a parallel timeline at the point of his death and non death and somehow you remember the info from the timeline where he did die.

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 01:57 AM
link   

When they where clearly talking about a alternet time line when the earth had formed the island in a diffident place.
Dumb ass people...

Don't call people dumb just because they have a different opinion...I refuse to get drawn into these debates anymore, because there is just no point...There is no way for you to prove what you think you remember and people like myself who can link you to the facts all day, but who are then called names and told "well duh you weren't in the same timeline as me"

Waste of time...

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 03:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by destination now

Dumb ass people...

Don't call people dumb just because they have a different opinion...I refuse to get drawn into these debates anymore, because there is just no point...There is no way for you to prove what you think you remember and people like myself who can link you to the facts all day, but who are then called names and told "well duh you weren't in the same timeline as me"

Waste of time...

Yeah... I am sorry i posted that in a moment of anger

posted on Feb, 19 2013 @ 06:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by heyitsok

Alternate timelines aka parallel universes are somehow explained by quantum mechanics.I have read about it,but i'm not a scientist,so i understand only the very basic.

A Physicist Explains Why Parallel Universes May Exist

Parallel Universes Theory : The Basics

Now in science fiction,that i understand much better,it's clear that parallel universes/alternate timelines are created when we make a choise A(which is the alphaverse) and the rest of the choises we could make create the betaverse,gammaverse etc.

There are many events that i remember happening and then i read that either they never happened or happened a bit different.Of course there is the fact that there are attempts to alter history,but i clearly remember some famous people die and then after a few years see them in movies or in the news alive and well.

If people are somehow able to jump from one timeline to another i would like to find one where i am extremely rich

top topics

<<   2 >>

join