It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Three lights around moon.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Did anyone see three lights flash around the moon between 8:25pm - 8:35pm EST?

My buddy called me up and told me to go outside he said he said he was looking at some kind of perfect circular halo like object faded near the moon so my dad and me grabbed the binoculars and went outside.

We never saw any circular halo like object like my buddy was explaining to me but what we did see was a really quick wicked bright light flash on the shaded side of the moon my dad was looking through the binoculars at the time and I was just looking up at the moon naked eye and I saw the light flash too shortly after another flash happen a little lower than the first one did but this time it was near the lower part of the moon where the shadow side and light side split I saw this one through the binoculars my father saw this one with the naked eye.

Then shortly after that another flash happen to the right side of the moon and it looked as if it was moving towards the moon I also saw this one through the binoculars my father saw this one with the naked eye. Each light flash was only about one second long and as I said the light was incredibly bright it looked as if each one of them were moving at a pretty high rate of speed moving closer towards the moon.

Hopefully some more people saw this... and possible someone caught it on video?

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Kerafyrm

Where are you located? Also, you said it was a bright flash... would you describe it like a camera flash, like a distinct point of light? How big would you say the flashes were compared to the moon? Just trying to get some perspective, since "a flash of light" could be of any size.

Also, you said the flashes were moving?

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Maybe it was meteors! And they were crashing into the moon?

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 10:37 PM
link   
It's Nibiru and it's solar system that reached the moon ! The time has come ! FEAR Everyone !
[/troll]
It's a triple bat signal ! Justice league need batman, batgirl and nightwing !
[/trollagain]

More seriously, could it be a plane passing between earth and moon ? Or maybe a satellite + light reflection ?

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ghostfreak1
It's Nibiru and it's solar system that reached the moon ! The time has come ! FEAR Everyone !
[/troll]
It's a triple bat signal ! Justice league need batman, batgirl and nightwing !
[/trollagain]

More seriously, could it be a plane passing between earth and moon ? Or maybe a satellite + light reflection ?

Naa I definitely don't think it was a plane or satellite I look up a lot planes always have blinking lights and are not in space. All satellites usually always stay on the same paths and have lights on them they are in. But anyways these lights looked to be pretty close to the moon and no where near us. Theses light's didn't look like shooting stars either. Nor a meteor lol.

If it was a light reflection what do you think it would of been reflecting of? These lights were definitely in space.

I'd set my telescope up and video the moon all night if it wasn't 0 degrees out.

I'll be going outside a lot tonight checking things out.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kerafyrm

If it was a light reflection what do you think it would of been reflecting of? These lights were definitely in space.

The same that is reflecting on the moon and making it bright in the night --> The sun. reflected light can also get different colours depending on the matter it reflects on and it's color.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Raster
reply to post by Kerafyrm

Where are you located? Also, you said it was a bright flash... would you describe it like a camera flash, like a distinct point of light? How big would you say the flashes were compared to the moon? Just trying to get some perspective, since "a flash of light" could be of any size.

Also, you said the flashes were moving?

I live in South Windsor CT.

Bright enough to see it through the thin layer of cloud with the naked eye easily even on the shaded side of the moon and same for the one that blinked off to the right where it was total blackness like a camera flash sort of. As for the size of it I'd say it was a pretty big size seeing how far we are away from it we could see them with the naked eye so it was big enough to see from here to the moon clearly with nothing but it's pretty hard for me to judge the size from here. The easiest way for us to explain this it it looked like Battlestar Galactica FTL effects.

Sort of like this effect except the color was more like how we see stars from a distance not looking through anything.

www.youtube.com...

It was crazy we have no idea what we saw the effect we saw closest thing we can relate it to was the FTL effect from Battlestar.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 11:27 PM
link   

The same that is reflecting on the moon and making it bright in the night --> The sun. reflected light can also get different colours depending on the matter it reflects on and it's color.

Can that actually cause flash like effect to the human eye? I would understand that if I was looking through like a camera or something and it was a lens flare. How about for the one that was off to the right of the moon a bit how could it flash out there?

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Can that actually cause flash like effect to the human eye? I would understand that if I was looking through like a camera or something and it was a lens flare. How about for the one that was off to the right of the moon a bit how could it flash out there?

Yes it can do a flash light effect. If it's angle is changing... Just like when a friend annoys you by reflecting the sun in your eye with his watch shortly without "stopping" on your eye".
I'm not debunking anything heh... I'm just answering basic optic question here

I still don't know what it could be or not be with the given infos... Hard to say when it's a "Someone told me he saw" case...

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Projector is malfunctioning again. I just had that fixed. I'll get it fixed by tomorrow night and the moon will be back to normal

Could it be a reflection from satellites in orbit around the moon?

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 11:47 PM
link   

Yes it can do a flash light effect. If it's angle is changing... Just like when a friend annoys you by reflecting the sun in your eye with his watch shortly without "stopping" on your eye".
I'm not debunking anything heh... I'm just answering basic optic question here

I still don't know what it could be or not be with the given infos... Hard to say when it's a "Someone told me he saw" case...

No kidding about the "Someone told me he saw" that's why I came here see if anyone else saw it and possibly has video of it. If not oh well just another case we can't explain. I've seen some other things but as you said really not point in even saying anything about UFO or anything in that type of nature with out proof people won't believe it. I'm just glad I'm always with someone else when I see unexplainable things so I have a witness.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 11:52 PM
link   
The thing is, why do people always want it to be UFOs related when they see some lights in the sky ? There are enough other potential causes for that kind of stuff...
Plus, why would UFOs need to emit light flashes anyway ? Except if it's a ship from a race of aliens that are like Elton John or Lady Gaga maybe... Or if they Jacky-Tune their ship... (expect some fancy klaxons on them too them ! lol)
EDIT: I'd add, if they are ufos around,they probably want to stay discrete, otherwise they would have landed in daylight and encountered us already... and it would be undeniable. So, in addition to "why would they need lights?" i'd add "Why would they use lights if they try to stay in shadow ?
edit on 17/2/2013 by Ghostfreak1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 12:16 AM
link   
Well, there is my first idea for a cloaked space station the Moon .

Since the time I first joined ATS I have heard many respected peeople on the board mention that possibility or ar least they did not have anything bad to say when someone else talked about it.

Thee space station has just about been up long enough for the USA and other countries to work together and build a space station on the moon.

You have to look beyond the normal or natural when dealing with governments and places like NASA.
Do we that pay all their salaries ever get all the truth?
No, and you should already know that.

I remember some time ago there was a question of it appearing to be taking an extra long time for one of the space ships to reach the space station. I wonder...delivering supplies to the moon? I don't remember it being brought up again. Funny how subjects dry up sometimes too quickly.

We will not know the truth for a few years more.

So, my theory is just as possible as anyone elses.

Say what you will, it is possible and why not?

It is slowly being revealed to we peons.
Like the shot at the astroid.
Why not? You have no qualified answer because nobody is going to tell anyone not associated with the space program what is really happening because they like living.
Sometimes snitches do not live very long after they snitch.

I would not tell you and the rest of the world anything if I thought I or my family would be in danger if I took an oath or made a promise I would not talk about my real work that paid for my home and the nice things for my family.
Would you?

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 02:07 AM
link   
reply to post by dizziedame

What shot are you talking about ?
Are you refering to the shooting star in the background that didn't even passed close the asteroid that some tinfoilhat crackpots aknowledged as a shot comming from who-knows-where from outer space that supposedely missed the asteroid ?
If a shot missed the asteroid, it would have pass much more closer to the asteroid than what it did.... Except if the shot was made by a drunk redneck that didn't do any calculation before attempting to shot... Which is just pure nonsense. Sorry...

EDIT: I just noticed on the other thread you posted that you're indeed refering to this... It has been already quite much debunked, so I suggest, as I would suggest to the op of this thread here, to keep an open mind, but not only on the hard-to-believe possibilities... Try to take a step backward before analyzing it, and put your hopes/wishes appart when analyzing. So try to stay objective, and ask yourself sincerely what possibility is the more unlikely. I wish as much as many people here that something out of the ordinary happens, and / or an encounter with foreign planets civilizations, but I keep my feets on earth, and I stay objective when I analyze "weird" events. Try to do the same.
edit on 18/2/2013 by Ghostfreak1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 07:23 AM
link   
been a lot of meteorite sightings lately..

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 11:29 AM
link   

The thing is, why do people always want it to be UFOs related when they see some lights in the sky ? There are enough other potential causes for that kind of stuff...
Plus, why would UFOs need to emit light flashes anyway ? Except if it's a ship from a race of aliens that are like Elton John or Lady Gaga maybe... Or if they Jacky-Tune their ship... (expect some fancy klaxons on them too them ! lol)
EDIT: I'd add, if they are ufos around,they probably want to stay discrete, otherwise they would have landed in daylight and encountered us already... and it would be undeniable. So, in addition to "why would they need lights?" i'd add "Why would they use lights if they try to stay in shadow ?
edit on 17/2/2013 by Ghostfreak1 because: (no reason given)

This is so true and I've always thought about this... We have advanced computers and robots now that don't need lights or anything to see or know where they are going. So it is pretty weird to think that a race of aliens that are star travelers are using lights in space like it would actually help them see...lol

Space is dark I would see no reason for lights for super advanced races all it would do is give your position away... But then again maybe its like some kind of energy effect or something that just happens and they can't stop it who knows there's billions of possibilities.

I just posted this here because I didn't know where else to post it.

new topics

top topics

join