It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Freedom of Choice...The Reality by Mr. Carlin and a little ZAPPA.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 09:31 PM
link   
Even tho the man is gone from our Earth, he is still in our hearts and most importantly his message is stronger than ever.

Less rights, less liberties, less choices. You just can't argue with George's logic.

And while on George, let's include a few more for those that are either to young to have seen the man or even know of him and perhaps for those that may have missed some of his greatest...rants.

This has been posted a few times but George deserves to be posted MANY times for those that missed it the first time.

Many will always miss you George. Rest well.

Oh, just for fun:

And while we're at it. Mr. ZAPPA can't speak anything but the truth. I ran across this today and remembered it (damn I'm old)
Thought I'd edit to add.

From CNN 1986 on Copyrights. Notice how he can't be swayed from the topic at hand no matter how hard they try.

Their voices will always live as will their art through which they spoke to us. Sometimes it's the only way we can be moved because it hits a chord within all of us. Art, music, the spoken word.

It doesn't matter tho, does it? As long as their messages keep getting out there, more and more will be exposed to the truth of which they had no fear of speaking about.

The question? How did they know back then what so many are denying today but is quite clearly now a reality?

Hmmm? Answer: They knew but weren't afraid to speak out. Many know today as well but...

True heroes IMO.

Peace

edit on 17-2-2013 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Double post. My bad.

edit on 17-2-2013 by Tindalos2013 because: Double post mistake

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

It's always great to be reminded of these insightful people. Forgetting them would be a sin and dishonour.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Any thread that keeps George Carlin's words alive,
Gets a bump from me

S&f4U

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by HumansEh
Gets a bump from me

S&f4U

The man just never gave up.

He spoke and millions listened. Too bad he never ran for Prez.

Peace

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tindalos2013
reply to post by jude11

It's always great to be reminded of these insightful people. Forgetting them would be a sin and dishonour.

I put George up with the great orators of our time, the great freedom fighters of any time and one of the bravest men to ever walk a stage.

Peace

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by jude11

Gets a bump from me

S&f4U

The man just never gave up.

Peace
You already know Jude, he was too smart to run for Prez. In a perfect world though, would've been nice! S&F for this thread...Carlin was that dude.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 10:05 PM
link   
A flag for the much missed Voice of Reason.
Carlin was the Man, The Philosopher of our time.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by jude11

Why? He'll have more influence in the long run as he was.

Nothing would have been accomplished by becoming a useful idiot to the real power.

(ps. I know what you mean, just emphasizing that he's more influential as he was
)
edit on 17-2-2013 by ErgoTheConclusion because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 10:16 PM
link   
He is missed, I grew up listening to him. Just about everyone of his points hits home. S&F. Your right you cannot beat his logic. One of my favorites is stuff and any rant of his about religion.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 10:19 PM
link   
I remember seeing Carlin live at the Clemens Center in Elmira, NY around 1983ish. I laughed so much that my cheeks hurt after the show. I think I sprained my cheeks from all the damn laughing.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by AwakeinNM
I remember seeing Carlin live at the Clemens Center in Elmira, NY around 1983ish. I laughed so much that my cheeks hurt after the show. I think I sprained my cheeks from all the damn laughing.

Sprained cheeks...Now that's funny!

Yeah, he can never be replaced.

Peace

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Carlin never gets old... he was a very wise man.

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Ah Op, Zappa and Carlin,
You are really spoiling us!

I'd give you another star but you'd probably only;
"Ram it, ram it, ram it, ram it ...............................!"

posted on Feb, 17 2013 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Ah Op, Zappa and Carlin,
You are really spoiling us!
"Ram it, ram it, ram it, ram it ...............................!"

What does a chute have to do with poop anyway?

And please don't forget the magical color of snow, the wonderment of Catholic Girls...all taking place in a little garage owned by some guy named "Joe".

Peace

edit on 17-2-2013 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 01:43 AM
link   
I remember when Frank Zappa was addressing congress on copyrights. Wasn't that shortly before he died of prostate cancer? Yeah, I'm pretty old too!

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 02:02 AM
link   
Frank Zappa, what a Mother of Invention! I miss 'Billy the Mountain' ! I hope Frank is watching over us, and it would be nice if some of the numbskulls in the world would be as sane as he was. Rock on Frank!
edit on 18/2/2013 by CarbonBase because: spelling

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 02:47 AM
link   
I've seen both these men.Carlin was a riot and I've been to many of Franks famous Halloween shows at the Paladium theater in NYC.Besides being great artists they were astute social commentators for their(our)times.I miss them a lot.
edit on 18-2-2013 by AgentX09 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

George would make your brain turn over in it's brain pan while Frank would.....roll you over and turn you around and drive it thru the heart of town!

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 09:44 AM
link   
George Carlin was one in a million, a person who used his voice for enlightenment, not endorsement. And he denied ignorance long before ATS, and through ATS he lives on.

S & F OP.

edit on 18-2-2013 by Thecakeisalie because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join