Alert for Parents

page: 1
0

log in

join

posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Swallowing one magnet bad, two much worse

Last Updated: 2004-10-27 15:33:29 -0400 (Reuters Health)

By Karla Gale

NEW YORK (Reuters Health) - If a child swallows a magnet it might pass without incident, but if two or more magnets go down, urgent surgery should be considered, according to Dr. Alan E. Oestreich.

"The point is, it's simple physics," Oestreich told Reuters Health. "When more than one magnet is ingested and they're in different bowel loops, they can attract each other." If that happens, the intestines might be clamped tightly together causing perforation or serious tissue damage.

Oestreich, a radiologist at Cincinnati Children's Hospital in Ohio, noted that swallowed magnets are usually quite small and do not cause symptoms right away. He recently treated a 12-year-old boy with autism who had had several days of abdominal discomfort. An X-ray showed multiple metallic objects throughout the small intestine.

"Until proved otherwise, this represented multiple small magnets," he writes in a letter to the medical journal Radiology.

When the boy was operated on, a large number of small magnets from a toy were found in areas of extensive damage.

Toys are not the only source of magnets, Oestreich said. There are folk remedies for which magnets are applied to the body or even swallowed.

Also, think of what's sticking to many a refrigerator
etc......
www.reutershealth.com...




posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 01:07 PM
link   
What really worries me here is the lack of readership on any issue relating to children!! I have found the same true with my posts at other websites.



posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 01:09 PM
link   
It is a result of the NWO's effort for attaining zero population growth



posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Thats weird, Terrorist attack is imminent and all anyone can worry about is children swallowing magnets! What are the chances of a child eating a magnet anyway?

If George W. Bush (Dubya) had anything to do with this he seriously needs to get his priorities right



posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by da_superphreak
Thats weird, Terrorist attack is imminent and all anyone can worry about is children swallowing magnets! What are the chances of a child eating a magnet anyway?




SORRY MIXED MY REPLY WITH da-superphreak's quote

This is beyond the magnet! And yes the refridgerator could be an extreme danger for small children, I would have never thought about it!

The title of this thread is "Alert for Parents" (nothing mentioned about magnets) look how many actually read this, especially before I began the mission of bumping it with my posts! Sad, so sad!



























[edit on 30-10-2004 by Gizmoqt]

[edit on 30-10-2004 by Gizmoqt]





 
0

log in

join