It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Walmarts Bullets and the obvious hate.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag
I won’t tap into my stash so I have cut back on shooting.

Have you considered archery?

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by seabag
reply to post by 1MrMarc

I guess the sky is green in my world, and I believe fellow gun owners should be helping eachother instead of taking advantage if they want to scream about uniting for gun rights.

Maybe those “fellow gun owners” should have pulled their head out of their arse months and years ago and started stocking up on these items like others have.

If you’re looking for an AR15 or boxes of .223 at this stage in the game then you’ve been sleeping. When you’re late to the party you can expect to pay a premium price.

And this hits the nail on the head. Perfectly said seabag. I am glad I don't have to partake in purchaseing ammo except to replace what I have used, which lately has been 0!!! But a couple feet of snow and 10* will do that to a person lmao. But it did piss me off to have to pay 10 dollars including shipping to get a new takedown pin retaining spring for my M&P 15t , smith and wesson was backed up and couldn't send one out for a couple weeks forcing me to go to the private sector. I guess that will teach me to stock up on parts I never thought would crap out.....Needless to say I have 3 extra now

posted on Feb, 16 2013 @ 04:30 PM
link   
A friend of mine bought a nice Colt .22 pistol at the gun show recently. I told him he'd better get ammo while he's at it. They had boxs of 6,200 rounds for $269. Needless to say he's having a hard time getting any some he made the mistake of not getting it while he was there. Heck I don't even have a .22 and I regret not getting some...

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 08:13 AM
link   
I've bought ammo recently, and had no trouble finding cheap ammo, all the boxes I need, at Walmart.
I bought it in .22, .25, and .38, as well as some 12 gauge shells, and there was plenty more left.

I suspect it's just store specific, and in an urban area. In rural Walmarts, that stuff is kept pretty stocked.
Any special ammo, I get from a police supply store, but for just plinking or stockpiling, Walmart has the best prices unless you get it online (and often even then). Personally, I like to purchase ammo with cash though, vs. the electronic trail.

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 11:47 AM
link   
I only buy from Wal-Mart if I need it right now. Usually, I just order online. I also have heard people talking openly, at gas stations, stores, etc., etc., about things that I've never heard talked about in public. There seems to be a real hate for the U.S. Gov. and the people who control it. I've heard a lot of 'anti-semitic' hate as well. Probably more than anything. I've heard this in a few states over the last couple of years. Anyone who thinks that people won't unite and stomp over Washington D.C. is nieve. I think there will be decks of cards with all of these politicians, banksters, big CEO's, and stock market people on them and that they will be hunted down and the country reset. People are about to snap. If you ask me, it's needed. Our country has went to hell and is not about the American people anymore. It's about making all the money from the sheep that they can at whatever cost. Even at the cost of humanity. It's about politicians who are only concerned about Israel instead of the U.S.. It's about how 'they' have elevated oil/gas prices just so they can line all of their pockets at the expense of happiness. Gas prices are responsible for the economy and has hurt poor and working families. Getting 60 dollars of gas here and 50 dollars there will empty a bank account and wallet or purse. All this is being done on purpose because there is no other rational explanation for what's been going on in America. These criminals are guilty of crimes against humanity and humanity has had enough. Gas shouldn't be but about 65 cents a gallon...

posted on Feb, 21 2013 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Fylgje

Anyone who thinks that people won't unite and stomp over Washington D.C. is nieve

Anyone who thinks we can is naive...

The average armed American is no match for drones, night-vision, smart bombs, tanks, and strike missiles. That ability vanished decades ago. The only check against total state takeover is the trouble it would take.

posted on Feb, 22 2013 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Gazrok

Drones will not help when there are tens of millions of people stampeding. Think about it; What's a drone going to do? They would most likely all be shot down relatively quickly. What can the armed forces do? Nothing. They would all be running for their lives. The rats would be on airplanes outta this place, but hopefully there would be millions waiting for them anywhere they go. You cannot stop a revolution. I don't care what kind of guns or tactics the oppressors have.

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Fylgje

If you say so.... Walk up to a tank with what you have in your house. Can you blow it up? Can you and 10 friends? Before it mows you down?

Shoot down the drone eh? Your only clue it's there is going to be the sound of the incoming rocket while you're sleeping, and even then, you won't be able to yet see the drone. Good luck with that (got a stinger missile in your closet?). That's not even considering stealth drones.... Today's civilians simply have NO way (shy of capturing other government armed forces gear) to counter the modern US military. Sure, there are makeshift bombs, and guerrilla warfare tactics to employ, but the kill ratio would be enormous. Just look to the Israeli/Palestine conflict for an example (with citizens in the role of the Pakistanis). Still liking your chances?

posted on Feb, 26 2013 @ 10:14 AM
link   
I really hope these Macho men go try to takeover government. At least the confrontation will weed out the crazy ones.

But i doubt, its all just talks. I dare ye!

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Ok, I went to WalMart over the weekend, as an afterthought, figured I'd get some extra ammo for a pistol I don't have a lot for....

WOW...(I get what the OP was talking about now)

The ammo section was 99% empty...and this is in a rural area, hunting, etc. I mean, there is an 8' case, about 6' high, and literally about 8 boxes of ammo (12 gauge and some other caliber I can't recall).

I asked the Sporting Goods clerk, and they had no idea for the shortage...

I don't buy ammo online, I only buy it with cash...what the hell is going on? I'm going to get to some other stores real quick and see what I can find...jeez....

top topics

<< 1   >>

join