It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

[LOWWC] Chelyabinsk

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 01:58 PM
link   
He came from the deep, abyssal and perdurable ocean from above, like impetuous mail, traveling on express delivery.

The morning was sombre and dawn was knocking on the door, but the regal lord of light was not yet present and it was another uninvited and unpleasant outlander, who was to intrude and try to deceive.

He flew too hastily to be the one we anticipated, but the trickster was a supreme magician. He burned, blindingly bright and moved silent like a snake. Oh, but we knew he came to destroy, as a fireball spat from the chasm of the nether world.

He shot closer and the sooty, black trail gave Chase, like the breath of a defective dragon. We stood in awe observing the jester dance through the heavens, like a king's fool and anxiously waited for the ungracious slip to the floor.

The deafening boom scorched across the sky, as the beguiling king landed with his minions in tow, crashing about him like a cluster bomb. At impact, the deep bellow sounded, announcing his arrival and resounding outwards shattering windows with the potency of his vociferation. The intonation of the windows screaming as the children join for the cresendo, following shortly after.

But just as a magician, scintillating, he is gone in the blink of an eye, leaving in his wake consternation, bewilderment, and solicitude.

The paramount king of terror, has struck again.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Nice story. And definitely fresh in the mind after today's events. Good luck

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 02:08 PM
link   
"the breath of a defective dragon" lmao

Excellent stuff. I only wish it were longer.

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Neysa

Thanks.

Yea I'm quite disappointed with the length to be honest, but my initial thinking was that this meteor would have came from nowhere, impacted and then left everyone anxious. So I was hoping to capture the same feeling.

But I suppose I could have gone into detail on the aftermath of the impact, and likened it to a warzone or something. Maybe I can do a part 2...
edit on 15-2-2013 by DAZ21 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2013 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by DAZ21

I understand what you were going for. I just really enjoyed your writing.

posted on Mar, 3 2013 @ 09:41 AM
link   
I really liked that. Shame it was so short and sweet but nevertheless a great piece of descriptive prose.

Nice style and imagery in almost every sentence, but you still managed to avoid falling into the 'purple rose' trap. S&F. Good things and small packages and all that.

posted on Mar, 4 2013 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by merkins

Thank you, very much.

Perhaps just a hint of purple prose in this one.

posted on Aug, 28 2016 @ 10:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Neysa
"the breath of a defective dragon" lmao

Excellent stuff. I only wish it were longer.

SH10151
This is the serial number of our orbital gun
SH10151

Hooverphonic - 2 Wicky

new topics

top topics

join