It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I dumped my boyfriend last night.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 10:55 AM
link   
we were together a year and a half. it was a long distance relationship but things were great. we would spend every weekend with each other, go out and enjoy each others company. during the week we would text all throughout the day and every night we would either skype or have long phone conversations. we were serious and planning on moving into together and getting married.

well things got very stagnant. everytime we would see each other he was either too sick or too tired or just didnt feel like doing anything. so for months on end every visit was in bed the WHOLE time while he either slept or we would rent movies.

the texts went down to maybe 3 a day...the phone calls maybe twice a week for only 15 minutes because he was too tired or too sick or i never got a phone call cause he fell asleep, we talked about it numerous times and each time he said he would change.

well monday night he pulled the same thing....he called, i did ALL the talking while he sat there and breathed and then said he had to go. so i brought it to his attention AGAIN, for a long distance relationship to work there has to be alot of communication in between the times of seeing each other. well he swore up and down things would change and begged for another chance. so the next day i was happy hoping to see things change. well i barely got any texts, i called him once during the day, and again I did all the talking and then he said he had to go. later on that night, no phone call as he promised.

so i ended it for good this time. ive had enough of the excuses. no one is that sick or tired that they cant pick up the phone to call the woman they love so much.

its a shame too...just the other day I bought him one of those big valentine cards cause we were going to celebrate this coming weekend.....oh well. I never had luck with men amyway, but i should get the attention and respect i deserve, i wont settle. so i guess its back to bieng single.

+2 more 
posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by miss_sky

There are guys out there that dont have the spine to tell a woman they want to split up. So what they do is treat them bad or ignore in the hope she will finish with them.

Your best rid, pick a man with backbone next time

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 10:59 AM
link   

Maybe there's something he's no telling you. He seems to be sick quite a bit. And yes, you can be sick enough not to call.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Sounds to me like you 'read the writing, on the wall'...kudos, for having the gumption to make a decision...

Best of luck for the future.

A99

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 11:00 AM
link   
That's a real shame, sorry to hear that

However...if he's not treating you like a princess, he's not worth the time.

Looking to the future..."One day, someone will walk into your life and make you see why it never worked out with anyone else...."

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by CrimsonMoon

Every guy should be like you

edit on 13-2-2013 by Casualboy100 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Do you have a pic? A/S/L

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by dc4lifeskater

She just broke up with him
Give her time

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Here's my number 555-1234

Save it for Facebook!

+29 more 
posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 11:16 AM
link   

You sound a bit needy to me.I couldnt be bothered with constant texts or phone calls either,just like your ex.
But saying that as someone else mentioned,he should have manned up and shown you the door.
Now you are almost boasting about dumping him on the internet,I think he is well shot of you.
edit on 13/2/2013 by glen200376 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 11:21 AM
link   
You had the balls to end this relationship... Props to you!

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Maintaining a long distance relationship is hard. I did it for 2 years because I had to move to make decent money for the family. Not easy at all. That said, CC might be right and he was waiting for you to break up. There are a couple of other things that might be the problem though. Could be depression. That's nasty but treatable. The other might be drugs. Not saying it is but it might be a possibility.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 11:34 AM
link   
If he really is that sick and that tired all the time then you are better off without him, you don`t want to spend the rest of your life with someone who is so unhealthy that they can`t hardly even get out of bed.
If he was just lieing then your better off without someone who is going to lie to you all the time.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Long distance relationships are doomed from the start most of the time. It takes real chemistry to make a long distance relationship work. It was probably great in the beginning because the excitement was there to fuel the passionate fire between the two of you, but as that excitement dissipates unless there is real chemistry involved usually the relationship starts to dissipate too.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 11:39 AM
link   

It took year and a half for planning on moving in together?
For me obviously no wonder why one of the sides lost interests.
Now, call him back, make a initiative, talk on future, tell him that in the next 30 days you want to see both of you living together.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by miss_sky

......for a long distance relationship to work there has to be alot of communication in between the times of seeing each other.

Long distance relationships will work only when that long distance is temporary.
As more time passes, the bond will just gradually continue to weaken.

edit on 2/13/13 by BrokenCircles because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by zilebeliveunknown

I really don't think that's a good idea. Issues have to be dealt with, not glossed over. I'm sorry but that is a recipe for disaster.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Gotta agree if you didn't end it you'd have had a text (SMS) before long.
For sure wouldn't have the balls to call you or God forgive tell you to your face

Your best off without him,
Just be careful about that rebound it can be a

Hope it works out for and you find your soul mate

Cody
edit on 13-2-2013 by cody599 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by cody599
Just be careful about that rebound it can be a

Especially around here. The ATS boys see a newly single lady... RUN FOR THE HILLS!!!!!!

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

The only issue I see here is that they were dragging themselves year and a half to make a step further in their relationship.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join