It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I have a strange question. Have you filed your taxes & expecting a refund...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Has anyone out there filed their income taxes and are entitled to a refund...

Actually receive their refund??

I filed my taxes ASAP & a couple of my friends did too that were entitled to refunds.

Not one of us has received a refund yet.

Just wondering if this is just us or if this is wider spread...

Any input would be appreciated.

Thank you & blessings.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 08:11 AM
link   
I filed but my refund isn't expected until later in February .. I used TurboTax and they have an app that shows you your approximate refund date.. it's pretty on par with how it was last year in my case.. unless of course that date arrives and a refund doesn't show up

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 08:27 AM
link   
They have been reporting around here that it is going to take longer this year.
But they don't really say why.

Unfortunately I don't expect a refund this year, with the no home tax credit.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 08:32 AM
link   
I filed mine with taxact dot com on the third week of jan. I got my refund back last week. Sad thing is it is all gone
We are paying off all of our debt and are goal is to be completely and utterly debt free by this June..

So yes I have received the money..they were very quick. I didn't have any weird exemptions, we just took the big exemption amount..I don't know what it's called but it's where you don't itemize all the student loan interest stuff or mortgage interest stuff..
edit on 12-2-2013 by Neopan100 because: put feb instead of jan..meant jan

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 08:32 AM
link   
I've always avoided tax where possible, and yet the other day I received a nice check from my over payments

Bazinga! lol

Serves to question, wouldn't it to just be easier not to over-charge us? lmaoo

I'm in the UK btw.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Oh..forgot to mention..if you go to the IRS website they do say some will be delayed past april I think..only if you itemized your stuff.. They don't have the correct paperwork to file..I think it had to do with student loan debt. That's why I didn't itemize..I am pretty sure it didn't hurt me doing that..because I got back 100$ more than last year..

Did you itemize your stuff?

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Thank you AM! I'm coming right up on the date & no refund yet. I'm just a tad nervous about it with all this talk of the US being broke. I'm not expecting an audit because we did a straight up return with no deductions.

So, hopefully we'll both be seeing some extra cash, SOON.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by nerdyclutzyblonde

did you paper file or electronic? Also I have found they are very fast at getting if you direct deposit..are you expecting a direct deposit or check by mail?

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Neopan100
I filed mine with taxact dot com on the third week of jan. I got my refund back last week. Sad thing is it is all gone
We are paying off all of our debt and are goal is to be completely and utterly debt free by this June..

So yes I have received the money..they were very quick. I didn't have any weird exemptions, we just took the big exemption amount..I don't know what it's called but it's where you don't itemize all the student loan interest stuff or mortgage interest stuff..
edit on 12-2-2013 by Neopan100 because: put feb instead of jan..meant jan

That's excellent news you got yours!!!
So, hopefully my return is just waiting.
No, I didn't itemize my deductions. Tried both ways & the straight up way (whatever it's called) - got a larger refund. So, I went with that.

We're trying to pay off bills too. :/

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 08:47 AM
link   

oh..one more thing. I am pretty sure the govt only pays out certain days (every other FRIDAY)..they don't pay out everyday..so it could be you are on the cycle to be paid this friday..

Yeah it really sucks that we had to spend that much money on paying bills
Not that I would have went out on a shopping spree...but it would have been nice to take a little vacation! We haven't went ANYWHERE since the summer of 2002. I am so in the need to just get away from it all..it's rough right now always being broke...but I just try to be optimistic and think that in a few months we will be debt free or nearly debt free and will have more mad money

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 09:31 AM
link   

It took about 3 or 4 weeks to get my return back, it was pretty damned nice also. I had absolutely no problrms at all. Just filed mid January.

So now I have this super bad samsung galaxy s 3, which is positively amazing! Thanks liberty tax sevices! Lol...honestly though, I had no probs and I got my refund super fast.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 09:56 AM
link   
You can go to the IRS website and get a status on your refund. Here is the link:

www.irs.gov...

BTW, I have a couple of friends that have already received their refunds.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 11:48 AM
link   
My wife and I filed the first day that we could and we did receive our refund. It came in almost two weeks past the date we were told but it did come in. Some people I know have gotten theirs early and others late like us. I'm sure there is much more to go through due to the bad economy. Everyone is trying to get everypenny that they can.

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Received mine Feb 6th on time and correct. Turbo Tax also. Did you check wheres my refund website?

posted on Feb, 12 2013 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Hi.
I filed mine on January 30th, and the IRS site, "Where's My Refund", says I should receive it tomorrow (Feb. 13th) We shall see. I have to admit, I've been nervous about it...not much faith in the governments handling of finances, I guess.

I'll let you know if I receive it or not tomorrow.

posted on Feb, 13 2013 @ 03:20 PM
link   

The fiscal cliff caused a little bit of a hiccup with all kinds of things this year.
Tax returns seem to be one thing affected by it. I too filed a while back, but we have a pretty complex return this year.

posted on Nov, 6 2013 @ 02:05 AM
link   
I have been using Turbo Tax from a long time now, like 5/6 years maybe, it has always made my tax filling easy and convenient. In turbotax you'll see the approximate date of refund is shown at the last page. Although I prefer buying the software rather than going for the free online one as I always have insecurities about the free one being infected with malicious data or that it has any hidden costs or if it can be a data collection stunt online, but yes to save some money I do use those online available turbotax coupons like this years 2013 turbo tax coupon while buying which does makes a lot of difference.

top topics

join